STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

This keeps happening to me. I just hover over the slot and it displays the title with a description to the right.

That happened to me too but that issue is resolved by refreshing the page.

This is different in that Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is unavailable in my region so it won't even show up on Steam.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

That happened to me too but that issue is resolved by refreshing the page.

This is different in that Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is unavailable in my region so it won't even show up on Steam.

You can google 'steam store US' and the top result will be a link with code in it to display the USA store to you, then you will be able to see everything except stuff you have to be signed in for. (unfortunately, the voting options require you to be signed in) but everything else will be visible including store items hidden in your country.

I was looking for some RPGs to fill that void that's been missing for a while. I found Fallout 1 & 2. Epic. For some reason, I never considered playing these games. Getting Fallout: New Vegas for cheap must've changed my mind I guess. They look cool.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I was looking for some RPGs to fill that void that's been missing for a while. I found Fallout 1 & 2. Epic. For some reason, I never considered playing these games. Getting Fallout: New Vegas for cheap must've changed my mind I guess. They look cool.

They are good, I have them both on Steam but I can't get them running properly on my current PC, all the colours are messed up in game I wasn't able to fix it.

let me know how you get on, I'm sure it's just a problem at my end but I've not had that issue with any other games.

They are good, I have them both on Steam but I can't get them running properly on my current PC, all the colours are messed up in game I wasn't able to fix it.

let me know how you get on, I'm sure it's just a problem at my end but I've not had that issue with any other games.

Will do. There's apparently a Fallout Fixit out there. One of the things it does is allow your followers to level up in Fallout 1 (they can't normally, even though they can in Fallout 2).

Ya know, every single Steam Sale, I end up thinking the same thing: "Why is this store interface so terrible? Just why?" I mean, it works, but not in a simple/enjoyable way. 

Filter options are crap unless you use the store search, but that's limited to 30 games per page (#1 complaint right there). Then the pricing filter is limited to "under X$" or "over 20$". That seems excessively restrictive. Everything that filters seems excessively restrictive to me. The only way I've ever found what I wanted was through looking through a 200+ game list filtered with whatever I could, being shown it directly on the front page, or knowing exactly what I want by name. I can't just filter down and suddenly find something in the ball park I'm looking for between 30-50 different games. 

Tags haven't really fixed this either. Recommendations based on tags sucks. I have 300 hours in Agarest: Generations of War and 200 hours in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. Why is "RPG" or "JRPG" not at the top of my recommended tags? I have to go down the entire list to see it at the bottom. Do they even know how to recommend tags? Is it based on the games you own and not the games you actually play the most, because that's absurd. I realize it's in Beta, but I wouldn't figure it'd be that hard to recommend me what I actually like.

Some pages don't have the correct links to other logical pages to go to. It only started this summer sale, but as an example, the community hubs don't have a link to the Store page for the games anymore. Why? That made so much sense. If it's just a bug, ok then, but there are similar situations like it around the steam website. It's just dumb.

I mean look at the steamdb.info/sales/ page. That is a perfect example of what I'd love to see in Steam's actual store. It's so simple, quick, and easy to use. The only thing missing is filter by genre/tag. Then it'd be perfect. 

I don't know. It's Valve, so I expect it to be well done like their games, but I don't think it is honestly. I mean yeah, it can do things that many other companies probably couldn't accomplish (millions of users on at once with the store still being responsive 80-95% of the time), but these are quality of life things. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I finally got a foil SSS card.  What is the value of keeping such a thing?  If you get a full set of foils does it make a badge that is guaranteed to unlock an extremely rare item?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I finally got a foil SSS card.  What is the value of keeping such a thing?  If you get a full set of foils does it make a badge that is guaranteed to unlock an extremely rare item?

I have the Foil badge. Each card is worth between $1.50-$3. If you get a full set and craft the badge, your team gets 100 points in the competition, you get 5 items (rather than the usual 1) and they tend to be of better rarity (I got a Rare item for example when I crafted mine). You get the usual 100xp and the foil badge as well obviously.

Just realize, a Foil badge is effectively $15-$30. Up to you if it's worth it. You can't recraft them multiple times like you can normal badges. It's a one time thing.

† Christian Member †

Come on green! You can do it! Take Purple down! :D

Oh yeah there's 2nd and 3rd prizes now I forgot!

I just realised something...

Witcher 3:Wild Hunt preorder is 10% off on Steam, and an 5% off extra each if you own Witcher 1 and/or Witcher 2:Assasins of Kings on Steam for a total of 20% off.

Preorder costs $60... so 10% extra off is... $6? Didn't i spend $6 for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 combined? >>>>>> so in a way.. I GOT THEM FOR FREE IF I PRE-ORDER The Witcher 3:Wild Hunt!

Your+Mind+Blown.+Tim+and+Eric+Awesome+Sh

(/゚Д゚)/ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ  Hail the mighty Gaben ノ(ಠ_ಠノ) ヽ( ≧ω≦)ノ
If you plan to pre-order Witcher 3, buy Witcher 1 for $2, that saves you a dollar on the Witcher 3 preorder yeah, cuz Gaben's that cool to let you experience the story beforehand for free and save money.

Umm. Ok. Resident Evil 4 HD edition for $16? How about no. 

Everything is so expensive this go around. Oh well. :(

Well now the discounts are better. Ignore me.

† Christian Member †

If you do not own Dishonored and are not willing to buy it for $5 you are doing yourself a disservice IMHO, such a good game and it's my pick of the day with ease.

285837.jpg

I hope that Goat Sim wins the community choice :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Is any of the Dishonored DLC worth buying? 

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are both solid add ons, I'd grab those two or the GOTY edition that includes all if it's a close match in price.

Those 2 are the ones to have.

The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are both solid add ons, I'd grab those two or the GOTY edition that includes all if it's a close match in price.

Those 2 are the ones to have.

Thanks.

Well know the discounts are better.

I had to recapture the images because of it, I had the same thing too that's what we get for diving on things the second they are posted. :D

Oh thank Gaben, Left 4 Dead Bundle finally hit 75% off ($7.49)

And I'm done. I have officially replaced all my Xbox 360 games with their PC versions. 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

If you do not own Dishonored and are not willing to buy it for $5 you are doing yourself a disservice IMHO, such a good game and it's my pick of the day with ease.

Message received! Buying dishonored NOW! :P

Edit: is the GOTY edition worth it? It's 3.74€ for the base game & 8.49€ for the GOTY edition

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Man, I wish I could help out Green Team. Stupid level! :(

285837.jpg

Weird that you said this, because I just bought Dishonored! :lol:

Sadly I got tapped out at 25$ so no more for me. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Man, I wish I could help out Green Team. Stupid level! :(

You can still give Green Team points by crafting badges. We get 1 point per normal badge. 10 points per Steam Summer Adventure badge or Foil badge, and 100 points for every Steam Summer Adventure Foil badge. 

What I did was simple. I sold my Steam Summer Adventure cards since they go for a bit, relative to normal cards, then I used that money to buy much cheaper cards and craft badges, which then give me another Steam Summer Adventure card (this doesn't have a minimum level requirement) which I sell and repeat the process. I also sell cards for games I don't care to have the badges for and use those funds to continue crafting badges and repeating that process. 

I'm out now, but I got a good 10-20 badges out of that process, which is why I'm up 10 or so levels and have contributed quite a few points to Green Team.

† Christian Member †

You can still give Green Team points by crafting badges. We get 1 point per normal badge. 10 points per Steam Summer Adventure badge or Foil badge, and 100 points for every Steam Summer Adventure Foil badge. 

What I did was simple. I sold my Steam Summer Adventure cards since they go for a bit, relative to normal cards, then I used that money to buy much cheaper cards and craft badges, which then give me another Steam Summer Adventure card (this doesn't have a minimum level requirement) which I sell and repeat the process. I also sell cards for games I don't care to have the badges for and use those funds to continue crafting badges and repeating that process. 

I'm out now, but I got a good 10-20 badges out of that process, which is why I'm up 10 or so levels and have contributed quite a few points to Green Team.

Thank you for the information! ^_^

But...I gave all my cards to my brother. I thought you weren't able to craft anything below level 8. Well, maybe he hasn't sold them yet and I can tell him to craft badges to level up. :P 

(we were both assigned to Green Team so if he helps, at least it'll be for green team!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |