How to prove the PC master race

Flight1sim

I meant, its irrelevant for the consoles vs computer price/performance discussion.

PC are built to perform in wide variety of ways and can't be compared... price/ performance or in any other way to a console anyway.

Consoles have far greater exclusives, he got you there. 

Why must you "convert" people OP? Why can't he believe what he believes and you believe what you believe? Is it really such a problem that he thinks the console is better than the PC? If it means that much, let your friends test out some games on your computer so they can see what it is like. I bet you once they get 60fps (anything over 30fps) they would be so impressed they would want to build a PC themselves. :D

As for the controller...coming from consoles and still loving consoles, I can say, safely, that your friends would convert to keyboard and mouse for FPS games (at the least) if they sat down to play BF3, for example, for a few hours. I did  and I haven't touched my PS3 controller for PC in months (except for Tomb Raider...I can't seem to like it with kbam).

I bet by that time, they will want a computer.  :lol: 

They are just jealous, thats all. thats pretty much the only reason why console gamers talk smack.

I hope you aren't being serious with this comment. They talk smack because they believe that the console is just better, just like how you and other PC gamers talk smack because you believe the PC is better.

Mod the shit out of skyrim, show them how awesome games can be. Show them the awesome exclusives we have like League of Legends, Smite, Counter strike and any games that console plebs can't play. Then point out any games that they have on console that you have or can get on pc, then show them how they look better on pc. 

Really, it's hard to win this argument. Most console gamers have a lower IQ (personal experience) and just don't want to deal with the problems pc gamers have to deal with. It's so much easier to just put a disk in a box and play it. There are no driver issues, software conflicts, hardware issues. You have to be smarter overall to play on PC. Unfortionately EA origin and now Ubisoft are runing it for us. Handicapping games for PC so the xbone runs better is so frustrating. 

Wow. I have never read such an ignorant and insulting post on this forum before.  :mellow:

People like you are the reason why console gamers hate PC gamers (elitist asshats who insult everyone different from them) and the idea of switching over. Having a difference in opinion doesn't make a person stupid, even if you claim that "most" console gamers are idiots from "your" experience.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why must you "convert" people OP? Why can't he believe what he believes and you believe what you believe? Is it really such a problem that he thinks the console is better than the PC? If it means that much, let your friends test out some games on your computer so they can see what it is like. I bet you once they get 60fps (anything over 30fps) they would be so impressed they would want to build a PC themselves. :D

As for the controller...coming from consoles and still loving consoles, I can say, safely, that your friends would convert to keyboard and mouse for FPS games (at the least) if they sat down to play BF3, for example, for a few hours. I did and I haven't touched my PS3 controller for PC in months (except for Tomb Raider...I can't seem to like it with kbam).

I bet by that time, they will want a computer. :lol:

I hope you aren't being serious with this comment. They talk smack because they believe that the console is just better, just like how you and other PC gamers talk smack because you believe the PC is better.

Wow. I have never read such an ignorant and insulting post on this forum before. :mellow:

People like you are the reason why console gamers hate PC gamers (elitist asshats who insult everyone different from them) and the idea of switching over. Having a difference in opinion doesn't make a person stupid, even if you claim that "most" console gamers are idiots from "your" experience.

I understand what you are saying. My friends and I debate just for Lols and honestly, it's just for the fun of debating.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Explain to them that you can use a PS4 controller, or any controller for that matter for almost any game.  The PC is just so much more superior from a hardware, and customization standpoint.  Not to mention the graphics are worlds apart, and we are continually striving for better.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

A PC with good specs Graphically poos on consoles. THAT IS A FACT.

But if PC's are so much better, the question remains. Why do they still sell consoles??????
I don't really like the old PC-VS-Console debate. I just like games and gaming. That why I have a a couple of PC's, PS4, XBone and Wiiu.

"A PC is like a Swiss army knife, it can do many things. A console is like a shoe it has limited uses. Comparing the two is unfair."

Antistatic12  2014
CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I understand what you are saying. My friends and I debate just for Lols and honestly, it's just for the fun of debating.

Oh, well then, friendly debates are another thing. Definitely keep at it. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I was serious and your statement is true, except for one thing,us PC gamers don't talk smack because we think PC's are better, we know PC's are better :D. but peoples opinion do vary.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I was serious and your statement is true, except for one thing,us PC gamers don't talk smack because we think PC's are better, we know PC's are better :D. but peoples opinion do vary.

You do realize that they feel the same way about the console, right? :P

You do realize that they feel the same way about the console, right? :P

LOL yes I do :)  but it's like comparing apples to oranges or a corvette to a Ferrari or a suburban house to a mansion. You have to experience both to understand what makes one greater then the other.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Another aspect of pc gaming is just the pure awesomeness of the limitlessness of your pc. You can have a super fast gaming monitor to play on and a tv connected as a second monitor. Or you can just use your tv and couch. Then you have eyefinity setups with 3 or more monitors. Now people are showing off 4k rigs that are godmode. Then you have so many different keyboards, mice, controllers, joysticks and everything else. 

Show them the awesome exclusives we have like League of Legends, Smite, Counter strike and any games that console plebs can't play. Then point out any games that they have on console that you have or can get on pc, then show them how they look better on pc. 

For every 1 exclusive on console there are over a 100 (if not 1000) PC exclusives. PCMASTERRACE!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Mod the shit out of skyrim, show them how awesome games can be. Show them the awesome exclusives we have like League of Legends, Smite, Counter strike and any games that console plebs can't play. Then point out any games that they have on console that you have or can get on pc, then show them how they look better on pc. 

Counter strike was also on xbox... original xbox *walks away shaking head*

Also seems like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is on 360 and ps3 as well

I'd get new friends, honestly.

Not because of being this blatantly ignorant over PCs, but being this blatantly ignorant in general. People like this are unreasonable and more annoying than anything. - akin to a little kid shoving their fingers in their ear and screaming. Why on earth would you want to friend someone this immature?

One or two good exclusives do not make an entire system "superior".

Remove the 780 from your PC and beat the living shit out of them (but careful, don't get blood on the PCI-E connector)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Just tell your peasant friend when he says 'PS4 is better' that the PC is so much ahead in terms of hardware and software that the PS4 is laughably bad.

Then if he still denies it, just say 'fine, cling to your fantasy' and ignore him if he brings up the subject again.

Console gamers think that it is really hard to play games with a pc and mouse and that you have to re-learn everything but the transition is extremely easy as long as you can browse facebook you can aim (to some extent)

Twitter | Steam |

Ugh I just got my new PC for around $2200 and my friends say that I wasted my money and that the gtx 780 was useless and I should have gotten a stinking ps4. I've tried many times to show them the true colors of PC gaming and game development ad other things I would do on the PC and they usually ignore that and reply with PS4 is better. They say they pc gaming is in decline. WHAT!!!

I get the point they playstation is getting a lot of exclusives and in general better games, but that's the publishers fault, not pc gaming!!! They keep saying that KBAM is horrible compared to the ps4 controller. When I asked them if they got $3000 what they would do, they replied by saying they would buy a ps4 and save up for games. I think they are doing that on purpose

//: rant

What do you guys think?

Tl;dr.: ps4 vs pc

Sure, we are the PC master race... capped at 30 FPS tho. Zing!!!!

It seems like you're not trying to get away from them arguing with you. Either ignore them if you don't like it, or be prepared to be in it for the long haul if you're determined to try and convince them.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

For every 1 exclusive on console there are over a 100 (if not 1000) PC exclusives. PCMASTERRACE!

indie master race^3

Given that your friends have a degree of rationality and open-mindedness, sit them down at your PC and tell them to load their favorite game. Have a wide selection of controllers in front of them to choose from. 

If they aren't convinced afterwards, they're a lost cause and ignore anything they say from that point.

EDIT: OP you sound very young so I'm assuming your friends are acting very childish

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

My friends play console because of how easy it is to pick up on and that they didn't know how powerful a computer can be. I showed one of my friends why PC gaming is better than console (for my opinions of it anyways), i showed him modded Skyrim, how beautiful Bioshock Infinite was, and he was awestruck. I told him "Get a good gaming PC, it's so much better than xbox or ps3/4." One reason people stay on console is that all their friends are on it.

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

As for the controller...coming from consoles and still loving consoles, I can say, safely, that your friends would convert to keyboard and mouse for FPS games (at the least) if they sat down to play BF3, for example, for a few hours. I did  and I haven't touched my PS3 controller for PC in months (except for Tomb Raider...I can't seem to like it with kbam).

I bet by that time, they will want a computer.  :lol:

Wow. I have never read such an ignorant and insulting post on this forum before.  :mellow:

PC's have WAY more exclusives than consoles. The Sony and MS have a few blockbuster exclusives. There are THOUSANDS of games that you can play on pc that you can't on console. Just because it's a huge franchise and exclusive doesn't mean much. Let's not forget to mention the number one most played game in the world is a PC exclusive. 

You can use the same controller on PC, there is no argument here. 

People like you are the ones that confuse the idiots that buy whatever console they choose. You just stated that consoles have better exclusives and converting people to keyboard and mouse. There is no need. Get them on a pc with a controller. They will never know it's running on a pc if that's the main complaint. Consoles are not the best choice, therefore consoles are a bad choice. When I refer to idiots in the console world I'm talking about the people that try to defend consoles with any argument other than "It's easier and less complicated." which translates to "I'm either not smart enough to figure it out or I'm too lazy to bother having a better experience.". There is no good reason to run a game at 30fps instead of 60fps. There is no good reason to run a game at a lower resolution than 1080p or limit the resolution. The only reason anyone would do either of those things is because it just cannot do it

When gaming became mainstream, it started dying. It's being milked for high yearly profit margins. Companies like Ubisoft are selling out and purposefully handicapping their biggest title ever so that it will run better on inferior hardware, solely based on the idea that if it runs better on pc it will sell better on pc. PC gaming is making a comeback but actions like those will hurt us a LOT. The only thing we can hope for is some serious negative backlash from gamers over it, but console plebs won't care. We're in a grudge match with each other when we should all just help fight against developers that do shady shit like this. 

I got a 780ti and I run Crysis 3 at max 2560x1080 at a average of 29FPS, so your 780 could probably run crysis at nearly max.

What ya got to do is sit them in front of a crysis game almost maxed out and then they will see the real power of PC Master Race.

My friends play console because of how easy it is to pick up on and that they didn't know how powerful a computer can be. I showed one of my friends why PC gaming is better than console (for my opinions of it anyways), i showed him modded Skyrim, how beautiful Bioshock Infinite was, and he was awestruck. I told him "Get a good gaming PC, it's so much better than xbox or ps3/4." One reason people stay on console is that all their friends are on it.

That's the main reason I'm thinking about getting an xbone. Killer instinct is another reason. Another is the recent Ubisoft stunt with watchdogs. They are willing to fight dirty. I think the only way to win this is with Lord GabeN's glorious bankroll. Pay former console exclusives to make PC exclusive titles that could actually use a rig with 4 titans and blow everything else away. Once Steam OS starts getting proper support and Steam Box's are available and cheap, it will give us a real chance to take over.