How to prove the PC master race

Flight1sim

Ugh I just got my new PC for around $2200 and my friends say that I wasted my money and that the gtx 780 was useless and I should have gotten a stinking ps4. I've tried many times to show them the true colors of PC gaming and game development ad other things I would do on the PC and they usually ignore that and reply with PS4 is better. They say they pc gaming is in decline. WHAT!!!

I get the point they playstation is getting a lot of exclusives and in general better games, but that's the publishers fault, not pc gaming!!! They keep saying that KBAM is horrible compared to the ps4 controller. When I asked them if they got $3000 what they would do, they replied by saying they would buy a ps4 and save up for games. I think they are doing that on purpose

//: rant

What do you guys think?

Tl;dr.: ps4 vs pc

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

They are just jealous, thats all. thats pretty much the only reason why console gamers talk smack.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Ignore. You built your rig to enjoy games on high detail and smooth gameplay not to prove something.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

You never fully understand the PC master race until you actually own a PC. Just ignore them.

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

The only reason there are console peasants is because they haven't tried pc gaming. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

When I showed my friends my motherboard and gpu my friend (techy, loves pcs and ps4, Linus fan) drooled over them while my other friend (ps4 loving, Linus hating) played on his phone.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I must say if I had $3000 I'd buy another used car or something for the house, but you can't convince people that don't want to learn. Instead of arguing with them you can just show them the numbers and figures and hardware but don't hold it against them if they don't want to pay attention, some people just don't care and that's who consoles are for.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

The only reason there are console peasants is because they haven't tried pc gaming.

Well they have, but on some pretty bad laptops.(7670m and gt640m LE)

Mod the shit out of skyrim, show them how awesome games can be. Show them the awesome exclusives we have like League of Legends, Smite, Counter strike and any games that console plebs can't play. Then point out any games that they have on console that you have or can get on pc, then show them how they look better on pc. 

Really, it's hard to win this argument. Most console gamers have a lower IQ (personal experience) and just don't want to deal with the problems pc gamers have to deal with. It's so much easier to just put a disk in a box and play it. There are no driver issues, software conflicts, hardware issues. You have to be smarter overall to play on PC. Unfortionately EA origin and now Ubisoft are runing it for us. Handicapping games for PC so the xbone runs better is so frustrating. 

Mod the shit out of skyrim, show them how awesome games can be. Show them the awesome exclusives we have like League of Legends, Smite, Counter strike and any games that console plebs can't play. Then point out any games that they have on console that you have or can get on pc, then show them how they look better on pc.

Really, it's hard to win this argument. Most console gamers have a lower IQ (personal experience) and just don't want to deal with the problems pc gamers have to deal with. It's so much easier to just put a disk in a box and play it. There are no driver issues, software conflicts, hardware issues. You have to be smarter overall to play on PC. Unfortionately EA origin and now Ubisoft are runing it for us. Handicapping games for PC so the xbone runs better is so frustrating.

All the things you just said are the things my friends are using against me -.- they sad that no useless assembly or drivers or updates or BSODs. And honestly I love most ps4 games and I have admitted it. I love infamous and other new exclusives. (Destiny is coming to pc!!!) and the games you listed are really not my type, or my friends types.

If you buy a 2200$ machine to play games which can be played on a 500$ machine, you are doing something wrong. Having a PC opens up many possibilities for the user, gaming being one of them. I would suggest you not to participate in futile debates and enjoy what you have and learn something new. We have a limited amount of time... and it is unwise to waste it in talking about a 3rd party's achievements and follies.

He should show them Aela the Huntress in a modded out skyrim, instant victory.

When I showed my friends my motherboard and gpu my friend (techy, loves pcs and ps4, Linus fan) drooled over them while my other friend (ps4 loving, Linus hating) played on his phone.

Phone gaming master race.

People who support consoles also support exclusives and greedy co. , period.

No support for consoles-> no closed system -> no exclusives.

From my perspective, this should be last generation of consoles. SteamOS should take over.

If you buy a 2200$ machine to play games which can be played on a 500$ machine, you are doing something wrong.

I think that the amount you spend is irrelevant. You can make killer console build for ~500$, but youd need to get like a 25$ windows licence.

Tell them to enjoy their 900p resolution watch dogs at a locked 30fps while you play at 1080p or higher on high details at 60+ fps.

Also, with the whole "Keyboard and mouse suck" argument, they know that they can just plug in a USB controller from their favorite console right? If I remember correctly, there are drivers that allow you to use the PS3 controllers with your PC. 

Whenever people argue that consoles are better, just stick to the resolution and performance numbers. That's what I do. 

//ccap

I think that the amount you spend is irrelevant. You can make killer console build for ~500$, but youd need to get like a 25$ windows licence.

Of course its irrelevant as long as it justifies itself. A machine should be built around a purpose and if cheaper option is available, it should be taken. Even the best hardware goes obsolete in 7 years.

Ugh I just got my new PC for around $2200 and my friends say that I wasted my money and that the gtx 780 was useless and I should have gotten a stinking ps4. I've tried many times to show them the true colors of PC gaming and game development ad other things I would do on the PC and they usually ignore that and reply with PS4 is better. They say they pc gaming is in decline. WHAT!!!

I get the point they playstation is getting a lot of exclusives and in general better games, but that's the publishers fault, not pc gaming!!! They keep saying that KBAM is horrible compared to the ps4 controller. When I asked them if they got $3000 what they would do, they replied by saying they would buy a ps4 and save up for games. I think they are doing that on purpose

//: rant

What do you guys think?

Tl;dr.: ps4 vs pc

Lol, then I guess your friends missed the memo on moba's and how PC gaming is actually on the rise because of them.  I'd just laugh at them and play it off cool.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Tell them to enjoy their 900p resolution watch dogs at a locked 30fps while you play at 1080p or higher on high details at 60+ fps.

Also, with the whole "Keyboard and mouse suck" argument, they know that they can just plug in a USB controller from their favorite console right? If I remember correctly, there are drivers that allow you to use the PS3 controllers with your PC.

Whenever people argue that consoles are better, just stick to the resolution and performance numbers. That's what I do.

Hah the funny thing is that they not have wired xbox controllers for PC. My friend says that you don't get the 'experience' of the ps4 with a wired controller.

Frankly, i just debate for the fun of it, because our google HANGOUTS mostly consists of this:

Me: 780780780780

Them: ps4ps4ps4

I built a PC with a 780 and FX-6300 for $700 with OS as well as keyboard and mouse. 

You can even get a high end system without even spending that much money on it, you just have to be patient.

From my perspective, this should be last generation of consoles. SteamOS should take over.

^^^^^

This

//ccap

Frankly, i just debate for the fun of it, because our google HANGOUTS mostly consists of this:

Me: 780780780780

Them: ps4ps4ps4

Well if I were you, I'd find a different group of friends to HANGOUT with. lol

//ccap

Of course its irrelevant as long as it justifies itself. A machine should be built around a purpose and if cheaper option is available, it should be taken. Even the best hardware goes obsolete in 7 years.

I payed this much because my dad got a 1000 dollar award from his work :D

He will use it sometimes for his work too. So price really doesn't go we'll in this debate.

I meant, its irrelevant for the consoles vs computer price/performance discussion.

I meant, its irrelevant for the consoles vs computer price/performance discussion.

Sony gets price reductions from AMD? Right?

there just Jelly :)

• We can custom whatever we want
  • PC Specs - As good as we want them to be
  • custom Maps
  • The Modding community is great
  • Games look a lot better even if there a console port we can add SweetFX :)
  • Last gen they were 720p up-scaled back then we were starting to use 1440p and "next-gen" aren't even 1080p 60fps and were trying 4k aha
  • We have the most games we can still run cod4 and any old game we love and can patch it so it works perfectly
  • emulators we can run Psx, Ps2, Snes, N64, Gameboy, DS, Mame32 and lots more!
  • Steam Summer Sale

In Conclusion PC Master Race is Growing and is best its ever been, these are just some of the reasons :)

your friends is just jelly

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

I payed this much because my dad got a 1000 dollar award from his work :D

He will use it sometimes for his work too. So price really doesn't go we'll in this debate.

That's nice ~ :D

Good for you! I am not saying that price is everything, PC has infinitely greater potential than any single piece of hardware available to consumers and it should not be compared to a single usage device.