Does EA suck?

Introducing "features" that only hinder the gaming community and also ruining great gaming franchises then just throwing them away.

I haven't had any problems with EA. I have enjoyed SimCity 5. Looking forward to BF4.

You haven't had any problems at all with SimCity 5? You must be one of the luckiest people alive...my advice spend all your money on lottery tickets :lol:

I have had non stop issues with it, cities getting rolled back, entire regions disappearing etc...

I have had rollback once and I never have had server problems. Guess I got lucky.

\

33ndq2p.jpg

Tis All I could ever say about EA and their business model, their games can be fine, but thats not the be all and end all.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They only suck because they tend to kill games with DRM and there horrible service -.- I mean trying to get people to pay for a licence for a pre-owned game (i know its gone now) really EA.

They used to be okay back in the PS2 days and PS1. Seeing as they have got rid of the game pass stuff maybe they are moving forward and have seen all the hate that everyone is giving them. Next i want to see them drop origin all together and put all there content on steam. Would be a lot easier and also origin is the most unsecured thing i have ever seen.

Merged. 

I'm going to buy BF4 so I hope they don't "EA" that game too...

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

They have great francais but what they did wrong is when they tried to milk it till last drop.

I don't "hate" EA, but there is two things I don't like about them. The first thing is that their customer support is awful. The second thing, that prevents me from buying their games, is now they only sell them on Origin and they are too expensive. I would buy a lot of their games if they were on Steam and I could buy them cheaper during the summer sale.

Pretty much agree with this, i only buy the games i know il play a ton on origin, they also have great developer studios. But why is there only "yes" option.... come on people its a forum and not every one has the same opinion...

On the other hand i hate Activision Blizzard.... 

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I wish I could get C&C Generals to work on Win 7 /:

There's a win 7 fix somewhere, i used it on my copy of the anniversary edition.

Cant remember where though, sorry :(

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I wish I could get C&C Generals to work on Win 7 /:

If its the problem where it launches then instantly crashes to desktop all you have to do is copy the command and conquer generals folder to your documents folder. Its the same with zero hour. If you need the files just PM me and ill upload to dropbox for you to download :)

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I feel sorry for EA. Its such a big over reaction from everyone.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I actually started disliking Ubisoft long before I started disliking EA

Same here.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

They don't necessarily suck. The thing that does sucks is dlc which should have been inside the full game and not 30-15 dollars on each pack. I think this video is an accurate representation of ea : 

troll

Not really. EA is getting so much bad press. What they did wasn't really that bad. Its blown out of proportion.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

troll

How? Ghost is right, it was blown completely out of proportion.

How? Ghost is right, it was blown completely out of proportion.

I'm unaware of the 'it' you guys are referring too. EA has sucked as a company over the past couple of years.

Their games are riddled with DRM, their customer service is awful, they hype up pre-orders and then drop the price in half a month after release, DAY ONE DLC ON MOST TITLES, I could go on. They are a terrible company. 

EA are a greedy money making machine...They stopped be creative and innovative a long time ago in a galaxy far far away..oh god no.

I used to love EA sports games, but yearly releases and pay to win micro transactions, really leave a sour taste in the mouth.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I used to love EA and their games and I still support some of their games like the Battlefield series. Sure they've been getting a lot of bad rep these days but I don't think it's that serious like everyone points out

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I used to love EA and their games and I still support some of their games like the Battlefield series. Sure they've been getting a lot of bad rep these days but I don't think it's that serious like everyone points out

To EAch their own.

They only suck because of all the crap they add to games i.e DRM

Windows live is still worse than anything they have added.

Windows live is still worse than anything they have added.

That is so much worse then EA you can't even buy a lot of games from steam because Windows Live isn't officially released in your country ....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black