Next Watch_Dogs patch details and PC improvements

Rafy

It's okay everyone - Release it broken, we can fix it later!

Hello all,

Good news! We now have more information on the patches that will be deployed on WD. We apologize if you were affected by any of these issues, but we greatly appreciated your patience while we got this sorted.

A new patch for the game is coming on all platforms. The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week. We’ll keep you updated on all progress.

You’ll find the details below. If you have questions, please ask them in this thread and we’ll try to be a specific as possible with our answers.

MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.

Love,
The WD Team

http://forums.ubi.co...09#post10052409

I really do hope the performance improvements are actually done well...

Source:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892700-Watch-Dogs-Patch-%286-18-14%29?p=10052409#post10052409

Other Sources:
Click here to view the article

Took long enough.

Hope they will begin to fix the performance issues (vram eater)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

"• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game."

You don't see this line often in update changelogs :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

This games already dead to me. To little to late ubisoft. You guys screwed a lot of people, Support line is garbage and said my rigs to "low end" to run on ultra... yeah ok. Pretty sure sli 780's isnt low end.

As far as im concerned watch dogs is dead to me and ubisoft will never see a penny of my money again unless they can learn how to properly treat their customers.

Edit: I should also note im not the only person that has had problems with their support line, ive seen tons of people being told exactly the same as me including my father and my best friend!

Wait, what does promoted to article mean?

This games already dead to me. To little to late ubisoft. You guys screwed a lot of people, Support line is garbage and said my rigs to "low end" to run on ultra... yeah ok. Pretty sure sli 780's isnt low end.

As far as im concerned watch dogs is dead to me and ubisoft will never see a penny of my money again unless they can learn how to properly treat their customers.

Edit: I should also note im not the only person that has had problems with their support line, ive seen tons of people being told exactly the same as me including my father and my best friend!

Exactly the game died just after i saw how shit it was handed out, im not supporting ubisoft anymore if they can't keep what they promise.

I'm sure they'll do the same to Division good demo graphics and a spit on ur face when you buy. SCREW you Ubisoft and your filthy console support

I even colored your name brown just like shit, because that's what you are.

10 bucks says the E3 graphics are still not officially patched into the game

another 10 for this.  

who wants to go to the dark side? :D

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

You guys screwed a lot of people, Support line is garbage and said my rigs to "low end" to run on ultra... yeah ok. Pretty sure sli 780's isnt low end.

Well since the game easily used more than 3GB of vram, it's not good enough to run ultra textures. Be mad at nvidia for screwing customers over with too little vram on their cards, instead of Ubi. Nvidias last gen. of highend cards (680) only has 2GB of vram. Such a shame.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Well since the game easily used more than 3GB of vram, it's not good enough to run ultra textures. Be mad at nvidia for screwing customers over with too little vram on their cards, instead of Ubi. Nvidias last gen. of highend cards (680) only has 2GB of vram. Such a shame.

The game has severe performance issues. It shouldn't even be eating up more than 2GB, the textures aren't even high-res.

Be mad at Ubisoft for the game being BROKEN.

The game has severe performance issues. It shouldn't even be eating up more than 2GB, the textures aren't even high-res.

Why not? It's not only higher end than other open world sandbox games on the market, it also has a lot more, and diversed, textures on the screen at the same time (as in not just the same few textures, copy pasted all over the area). Highend shadows and AA also take up vram. So more shadows from more light sources, should accumulate more vram usage as well.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm not an advocate of pirating games, but if Ubisoft doesn't take this seriously then I may just be playing future titles for free.

I'm not an advocate of pirating games, but if Ubisoft doesn't take this seriously then I may just be pirating future titles.

fixed

fixed

For the absolute idiots? We already got that from what he wrote.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm not an advocate of pirating games, but if Ubisoft doesn't take this seriously then I may just be playing future titles for free.

And this folks is a prime example of what is wrong with a lot of gamers these days. Whine whine whine about issues and acting like it's such a big deal when they're just going to pirate something anyway. Way to go out of your way to send a message. Don't strain your finger clicking that download button.

For the absolute idiots? We already got that from what he wrote.

I was pointing out his hypocrisy.

The game isn't broken. Ultra textures require 3GB VRAM. The WD gameworld is uniquely complex and requires additional textures to be loaded for seamless transitions.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

And this folks is a prime example of what is wrong with a lot of gamers these days. Whine whine whine about issues and acting like it's such a big deal when they're just going to pirate something anyway. Way to go out of your way to send a message. Don't strain your finger clicking that download button.

I feel as if a lot of gamers are similar in situation to me : I pirate the games from the developers I can't support (ubisoft) and buy games from developers I can support (CDPR)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I feel as if a lot of gamers are similar in situation to me : I pirate the games from the developers I can't support (ubisoft) and buy games from developers I can support (CDPR)

How about simply not playing the game? Actually make a real effort to send a message instead of saying "I don't like you but I'm going to play your game anyway". You're not doing anything by pirating games other than acting like a selfish child. If I have serious enough problems with a media company that I don't want to support them I don't then turn around and pirate a game, movie, CD, etc that they put out. I actively avoid their products entirely and when asked explain why I've made that choice.

Whether you feel like other gamers are in a similar situation as you or not is completely irrelevant.

When you pirate a game, devs (and ESPECIALLY Publishers) don't think "Oh, maybe our game sucks, or maybe it's too expensive".

The message you are ACTUALLY sending is "I'm cheap and don't want to pay for games". Whether this is true or not doesn't matter, since if you're trying to "send a message" to them, then they need to UNDERSTAND the message.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to copyright and things like torrenting, but I never ever torrent games, except those that are abandonware or otherwise out of print/not digital.

You don't like the job they did? You don't like their business practices or their marketing? Fine. Then don't play the game. SACRIFICE for your opinion by not playing the game until/unless they fix the issues that upset you.

The only people I have no issues with pirating games, are those who live in Countries where video games are prohibitively expensive (in other words, they cost way more than what you make). I won't even support kids who are young/have no jobs.

This is seriously one of the most dangerous attitudes out there. AND one of the reasons why we still have shitty/ineffective DRM. Because devs and publishers keep hearing "Oh well I'll just pirate it anyway".

/rant

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

"I don't like you Ubisoft, but I'm going to have fun playing hours of your game for free"

Yeah, sending a good message right there. You're still enjoying the game they created, so your opinion around the core publisher doesn't count.

I don't like EA, but I still bought Crysis and Battlefield from them, since Crytek and DICE create fairly good games, and I spend hundreds of hours playing them with friends over many years.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

How about simply not playing the game? Actually make a real effort to send a message instead of saying "I don't like you but I'm going to play your game anyway". You're not doing anything by pirating games other than acting like a selfish child. If I have serious enough problems with a media company that I don't want to support them I don't then turn around and pirate a game, movie, CD, etc that they put out. I actively avoid their products entirely and when asked explain why I've made that choice.

Very much agree with you here. Boycotting something IS effective, but it only works if, you know, you DON'T USE THE PRODUCT! :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why did it took them that long? Only because someone told the whole world there ugly lie?? Totally ridiculous from UBISOFT!!