Glass tubing (moved to build logs)

@Admire I will neither confirm nor deny that >.>

@Judist yes, its definitely a clang

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cutting glass tubing isnt too hard (score, snap, sand). Bends are a little more complicated but can be done if you invest in the right tools.

Glass tubing is relatively easy to bend with a simple propane torch. Cutting is made easy by borosilicate glass's tendency to snap rather than crack. Been reading on it. My biggest concern is making sure things line up correctly

Shouldnt be too much of a pain depending on how you approach it. You can reheat most of the loop while its inside the case to relax the glass a little and adjust a few millimeters here and there. Just be careful or remove the mobo first.

Bending is easy. However without forced air you'll might kink 45 degree+ bends somewhat. Of course with perfect bends (constant inner diameter) you'll thin the glass a little there.

For measurements I'd find a modder who does copper or acrylic tube loops and pick their brain on how they approach it.

Kinking was one of my biggest concerns, but I've seen people bend the glass in very intricate work with apparently no linking. Not sure if they use compressed air or not.

I do have an air compressor. Just fyi.

Neon sign place may be able to help.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Pearl? Hells no. UV all the way. I want my shit to look like one giant continuous cold cathode. Preferably with hidden strings of UV LED's on the backside of the tubing.

Also, Pointless loops and coils, yay or nay? I say yay!

NOW, If we can just figure out a way to do like on a motorcycle's spark plug wires and replace every wire in a PC with a cold cathode tube, then we'd be set as fans of all things shiny.

Edit: Wyre, excellent signature btw.

I definatly say nay, them coils look soooooooo bad IMO.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

How so? I always thought simplicity was too boring. especially on custom work.

I would love to make it look like a lab lol.

My only issue now is figuring out the correct tubing to use that will work with monsoon's hardline gattling gun fittings, if anyone could help here I'd really appreciate it. I know it says 3/8ths or whatever on the fittings, but the glass tubing is a different standard and has different wall thicknesses and stuff so I'm essentially completely lost, not to mention finding a legit place to buy it from.

I appreciate any support you guys can give me here, If I can find a place to buy it that doesnt cost and arm and a leg (the tubing, shouldnt be that expensive i wouldnt think) and is a reputable source then I will totally do this as the current mobo i am using is going to be replaced sooner or later anyways.

guy is a bit "high school chemistry teacher" but good info. now if only i could find the correct size tubing and a source.

Edit:

now thats just sexy.

Second Edit: Just realized one of my local hippy shops has a resident glass blower, I've seen his work up close and it is flawless, could probably get tubing from him if I needed to.

It's the outside diameter you have to look at, don't worry about the wall thickness, the inside diameter plays no part in wether it seals.

Edit - monsoon hardline fittings use 1/2" O.D. tube, so find some glass that size.

It appeared to me that they had something that fits inside the tubing, perhaps I was mistaken. I have never actually used that kind of fitting before. Thanks for the info, huge help @Bagmup

It appeared to me that they had something that fits inside the tubing, perhaps I was mistaken. I have never actually used that kind of fitting before. Thanks for the info, huge help @Bagmup

No worries mate :)

Soft tubing compression fittings have the centre barb as you describe, not hardline fittings, so don't accidentally purchase the wrong ones thinking they're all the same.

Good to know, didn't realize that piece was just a little plastic flange that gets glued to the outside of the tube. How well does adhesive stick to glass? Wondering if I should use the adhesive that comes with the monsoon flanges or get something else made for glass.

Edit: Also I have been attempting to find an instance of someone doing glass tubing in a cooling loop and so far have found nothing through google. If no one has attempted this before that would be even more excellent.

So this is happening. Right now I am waiting on my larkooler to get here (thanks to ups being the worst shipper ever). I have found the tubing I need on ebay, just gotta wait on a pay check or two for the tubing and fittings and if necessary a slightly better propane torch than what I have.

*Moved to build logs

• 3 weeks later...