Glass tubing (moved to build logs)

I am highly considering this idea. My only issue thus far is how to attach the tubing to everything else. Idea's?

Edit: And glass looks better than acrylic because it looks shiny where as acrylic looks "flat". Thats probably the layman's way of explaining it im sure.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I will totally buy a larkooler kit and do this, if someone can help me with 2 issues.

1. What size tubing to get

2. How to attach it to the fittings. So far all I can think is to get slightly smaller tubing than the barb, heat it and force it onto the barb. would be VERY permanent though.

Edit: Could use slightly larger tubing and maybe some JB weld, but that would also be extremely permanent. also borosilicate or pyrex?

2nd Edit: So, idea, short piece of flexible tubing, bit of silicone on the outside of the glass tubing, push it in, put the other end of flex tube into compression fitting. Think it would hold up? Sadly I do not have the equipment to heat the entire thing in a vacuum to get a hermetic seal. wish I did, because you can join nickel and glass and get a perfect seal. lol

Did you go and research refraction after this thread the other day ;P http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165434-why-does-led-fans-always-look-like-卐/page-2#entry2219045

I study physics and do 3d rendering, i kniw about refraction. And im on phone what is that thread?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I will totally buy a larkooler kit and do this, if someone can help me with 2 issues.

1. What size tubing to get

2. How to attach it to the fittings. So far all I can think is to get slightly smaller tubing than the barb, heat it and force it onto the barb. would be VERY permanent though.

Edit: Could use slightly larger tubing and maybe some JB weld, but that would also be extremely permanent. also borosilicate or pyrex?

2nd Edit: So, idea, short piece of flexible tubing, bit of silicone on the outside of the glass tubing, push it in, put the other end of flex tube into compression fitting. Think it would hold up? Sadly I do not have the equipment to heat the entire thing in a vacuum to get a hermetic seal. wish I did, because you can join nickel and glass and get a perfect seal. lol

Ummm...use the exact same fittings used for acrylic...a rigid tube is a rigid tube as long as the O.D. is the same

I study physics and do 3d rendering, i kniw about refraction. And im on phone what is that thread?

The "why do led fans look

Like the nazi symbol"

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Solution found. Put short rigid acrylic tubing sleeve into compression fitting, place glass tubing inside acrylic tubing sleeve, heat sleeve with heat gun, pull slight vacuum on glass tubing to make the acrylic seal to the glass.

Thoughts?

@loccilucas I've been wondering that forever. All they need to do is turn the led to point directly at the motor and led fans would actually look better.

Solution found. Put short rigid acrylic tubing sleeve into compression fitting, place glass tubing inside acrylic tubing sleeve, heat sleeve with heat gun, pull slight vacuum on glass tubing to make the acrylic seal to the glass.

Thoughts?

@loccilucas I've been wondering that forever. All they need to do is turn the led to point directly at the motor and led fans would actually look better.

As I already said, nearly all hardline fittings are just push in style fittings, if you can find glass tubing the same outside diameter, you could just use the exact same fittings as you would for acrylic.

Bitspower C47 fittings for example if you can get 12mm O.D. glass tubing, will work perfectly.

01.jpg

Won't that crack the glass? @Bagmup

Won't that crack the glass? @Bagmup

No, nearly all hardline fittings are just push in, the o'rings holds the tube in, nothing else. Completely different to how soft line compression fittings work.

Monsoon and I think maybe Primochill make fittings that physically hold the tube in.

You could, but I would imagine it would be a colossal pain in the ass to do, and you would have to be extremely careful with it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You could, but I would imagine it would be a colossal pain in the ass to do, and you would have to be extremely careful with it.

To which any modder replies "Challenge Accepted!" :P

To which any modder replies "Challenge Accepted!" :P

To which I reply "I'm not liable for any computer parts damaged by water and fingers that are cut."

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh this is definitely happening, just a question of when. Thanks for the input. Will those hard line fittings have any issues with leaks? Doesn't seem like they have much holding them in.

Oh this is definitely happening, just a question of when. Thanks for the input. Will those hard line fittings have any issues with leaks? Doesn't seem like they have much holding them in.

That's the risk with hard tubing :D

It's quite sturdy and the O'rings usually keep a good grip on the tube. But check out Monsoons hardline fittings if you're worried, they use an extra piece glued to the outside of the tubing to keep it secure.

To which I reply "I'm not liable for any computer parts damaged by water and fingers that are cut."

Battle scars are secksy

I can't wait to see it, real glass looks beautiful :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Lol not on a gigabyte z97 g1 black with one or more gtx780's @Judist

Pearl cooling fluid backlit with soft white led lights.... /drool

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Pearl? Hells no. UV all the way. I want my shit to look like one giant continuous cold cathode. Preferably with hidden strings of UV LED's on the backside of the tubing.

Also, Pointless loops and coils, yay or nay? I say yay!

NOW, If we can just figure out a way to do like on a motorcycle's spark plug wires and replace every wire in a PC with a cold cathode tube, then we'd be set as fans of all things shiny.

Edit: Wyre, excellent signature btw.

I was thinking this stuff:

You could add some UV to that - but personally I think it would look SICK through glass.

There are also some really good glass reservoirs.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Now pearl UV I can get behind, as long as its bright orange or purple. That's my theme since its not as common as red and blue and white.

The UV green-yellow isn't bad either for that wonderful radioactive look.

When the three mile island incident happened they sent in a single guy in a suit to take a coolant sample from the reactor cooling system. He reported that the coolant in the beaker was fizzing and glowing bright neon green, the readings it gave made him set it where he was standing and leave immediately because it was radioactive enough to kill him in about 30 minutes (this was in a documentary).

I want coolant like that lol. Glows without an illumination source.

This would be so awesome.....I would never have the balls for it myself, but would be awesome

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Glad isn't really as fragile as you think. Again, see the hurricane water bong, you throw that a good 10 feet and it goes clang

you throw that a good 10 feet and it goes clang

Are you sure its doesnt go "bong"?

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Glad isn't really as fragile as you think. Again, see the hurricane water bong, you throw that a good 10 feet and it goes clang

Well, now we know where you get your ideas

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.