Everyone is blind for about 2 hours of the waking day.

mr moose

Interesting video explaining how the brain blocks visual stimuli every time the eyeball moves.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours is an exaggeration. About 40 minutes is more realistic.

2 hours is an exaggeration. About 40 minutes is more realistic.

For the average American it's about 23 

Can anyone post a TL;DR of this?

When you move your eyes, the brain cuts off visual feed for a tiny amount of time in order to cut out motion blur, and cuts back in when they stop.

And now I will be thinking about this every time I look in a mirror. 

But very intersting nonetheless.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

For the average American it's about 23 

Hours :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Brain is good like that. We are blind about our nose too unless we want to see it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Oh, remarks about Americans again in 2014.

080fb831725eeddb68e6e97766b12575.png

Brain is good like that. We are blind about our nose too unless we want to see it.

This one will really mess with your head if you have time to watch it (1 hour). 

TL:DW

There are two different ways our brain perceives image, physical response and cognitive understanding.  Imagine being able to look at a sandwich and have absolutely no idea what it is (like looking at a word in a different language) but being able to pick it up using hand eye co-ordination.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think the most obvious (and close to home) evidence of human vision being able to ignore things is probably vitreous eye floaters.

That's why film movies have black bands inbetween frames.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"And you didn`t see who stole your car?"

"I moved my eyeballs, when it was stolen"

Best excuse in school, if you did't get something!!! I moved my eyeballs.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I think the most obvious (and close to home) evidence of human vision being able to ignore things is probably vitreous eye floaters.

I've been seeing them a lot recently. It's quite cool to think there's all that stuff in the way of your retina yet you can still see perfectly. If you look at a blank white wall and move your eyes around it you can see them quite easily.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I've been seeing them a lot recently. It's quite cool to think there's all that stuff in the way of your retina yet you can still see perfectly. If you look at a blank white wall and move you eyes around it you can see them quite easily.

Yeah you can, everyone has them from what I've gathered, whoever I ask knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah you can, everyone has them from what I've gathered, whoever I ask knows what I'm talking about.

It's in biology in year 8, so Most Australians who pay attention in school should know what they are.