Master Chief Collector edition coming to PC Theory

Naruke Alpha

"   "All the companies are takin gPC gaming very seriously.  So we';ere not excluding the idea of ever doing a PC conversion, but it needs to be the right product at the right time."  343's Frank O'Connor told OXM briefly yesterday, following the conclusion of Microsoft E3.   "

So i started thinking... WHAT IF... Microsoft takes his d**k out of his mouth and says, why not release this game along side DirectX12??? ( i mean, 4 man alone ported Forza 5 in one month from xbox too directx12)  it could potentially happen D: 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

The key word here is 'theory'.

Halo is an Xbox franchise, it has a very hardcore fanbase and they are almost all Xbox players, some of which have been playing since Combat Evolved on the original Xbox console, and it has picked up an immense amount of players on Xbox 360 alone.

"We'll do it when we feel like it or when we're not pussies about our games being pirated"

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

According to what Jeff Gerstmann said on the GiantBombCast, the demo he played of it started out with an onscreen direction to "move the mouse." I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do release it for PC.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The key word here is 'theory'.

Halo is an Xbox franchise, it has a very hardcore fanbase and they are almost all Xbox players, some of which have been playing since Combat Evolved on the original Xbox console, and it has picked up an immense amount of players on Xbox 360 alone.

well there was exclusive halo content for pc back in the days, the community is asking for it, and i honestly dont see a better blow-your-socks-away by launching it with directx12, which will attract alot of attention on MS way.

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

So what is the Master Chief collection? A remastering of all the Halo games for Xbox One or just a port? If it's the former Halo 4 should not be getting "remastered" that trend needs to come to a halt.

well there was exclusive halo content for pc back in the days, the community is asking for it, and i honestly dont see a better blow-your-socks-away by launching it with directx12, which will attract alot of attention on MS way.

But OpenGL is better right now :o

I'd definitely like to see it, but if I had to lay my money one way or the other I'd bet on it not happening.

I would probably still get it in console if it came out on of as well because of the fleshed out community and of the number of my friends that play it

"   "All the companies are takin gPC gaming very seriously.  So we';ere not excluding the idea of ever doing a PC conversion, but it needs to be the right product at the right time."  343's Frank O'Connor told OXM briefly yesterday, following the conclusion of Microsoft E3.   "

So i started thinking... WHAT IF... Microsoft takes his d**k out of his mouth and says, why not release this game along side DirectX12??? ( i mean, 4 man alone ported Forza 5 in one month from xbox too directx12)  it could potentially happen D: 

Halo will come to the PC if the Xbox One is going to be spun off or the division cancelled and not before.

They are not going to let a PC version upstage them, especially with this thing as underpowered as it is. Want to ensure it comes to PC? Don't buy a Xbox. 

The dev might want it on PC, just like Kojima wants Metal Gear on PC. The dev isn't the company though and money talks.  If the Xbox One continues to fail? Sure we might get Forza, Halo etc. Until people stop paying 460 dollars for a console and one game (which many people on this forum claimed they were going to do, which is insane)? They are going to keep an exclusive like Halo. 

Screw begging for the port. Let the Xbox One fail and MS come back to PC gamers kissing their ass. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

So what is the Master Chief collection? A remastering of all the Halo games for Xbox One or just a port? If it's the former Halo 4 should not be getting "remastered" that trend needs to come to a halt.

It comes with Halo CE Anniversary, "Halo 2 Anniversary" (same treatment as Halo CE Anniversary), Halo 3 and Halo 4 all on one disk.

I'd buy it on PC. Always liked Halo, never owned an XBox.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Honestly, I just wish they would release a standalone version of Halo 2's remastered campaign with online co-op enabled on the 360.

It's kind of silly how I can go and play every Halo game on my 360 with a friend on the other side of the country, except for Halo 2.

Back when Halo 2 Anniversary was still just a rumor, we had planned to spend a weekend playing through every Halo game in co-op in chronological order, starting with Reach. But that's not going to happen now, because I have no Xbox 1.

Kind of a dick move on MS/343's part... but I guess they're too busy trying to push those Xbone sales.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Halo CE and Halo 2 came to PC already, I don't see why they won't do it again unless Microsoft says no.

1. Halo CE and 2 have both come out to PC.

2. Oh yeah, huge fanbase. But very little community.

3. Been playing Halo CE on PC since it's release in 2003. I still play to this day.

Yes, I know, semantics semantics. I used to play Halo on the original Xbox and 360 as well, but Halo 4 left a very bad taste in my mouth and MANY others. I dropped the game completely and went full PC, it's almost been 2 years since. I, and a lot of other people, would love to "Finish the Fight" on PC. The Master Chief Collection will do great on Xbox(if you have a Xbone), but I can see in a year or so when the hype dies down and people will just be playing Halo 2 instead of Halo 5(because we all know that Halo 5 is going to be a flop in the long run, and if they don't mess up Halo 2's remake).

I personally won't be buying a Xbone just for this, because I don't like Microsoft and I don't feel like plopping down $400 for something that should have been release on PC years ago. However, I know many pro players will pick it up just for Halo 2 and if the developers keep their promise that they won't touch Halo 2 other than for the graphics, then competitive Halo can come back and thrive, making it a long lasting community again.

If Halo 2's remake is a flop, then maybe Halo 3 will work, but I doubt it. Halo 5 will sell well, but it won't be a game we play for years until a sequel is made just like in the old days. Halo is dead currently, no one is playing it except a select few that can't accept that. This can revive it and hopefully if Microsoft were smart about it, they would release it for PC as well where it can live forever, just like how Halo CE is currently. Still a thriving community.

3. Been playing Halo CE on PC since it's release in 2003. I still play to this day.

Yes, I know, semantics semantics. I used to play Halo on the original Xbox and 360 as well, but Halo 4 left a very bad taste in my mouth and MANY others. I dropped the game completely and went full PC, it's almost been 2 years since. I, and a lot of other people, would love to "Finish the Fight" on PC. The Master Chief Collection will do great on Xbox(if you have a Xbone), but I can see in a year or so when the hype dies down and people will just be playing Halo 2 instead of Halo 5(because we all know that Halo 5 is going to be a flop in the long run, and if they don't mess up Halo 2's remake).

I personally won't be buying a Xbone just for this, because I don't like Microsoft and I don't feel like plopping down $400 for something that should have been release on PC years ago. However, I know many pro players will pick it up just for Halo 2 and if the developers keep their promise that they won't touch Halo 2 other than for the graphics, then competitive Halo can come back and thrive, making it a long lasting community again.

If Halo 2's remake is a flop, then maybe Halo 3 will work, but I doubt it. Halo 5 will sell well, but it won't be a game we play for years until a sequel is made just like in the old days. Halo is dead currently, no one is playing it except a select few that can't accept that. This can revive it and hopefully if Microsoft were smart about it, they would release it for PC as well where it can live forever, just like how Halo CE is currently. Still a thriving community.

Well you learn something every day, interesting post thanks.

What's the population of CE on PC?

I don't play Halo on 360 because fps with a controller for me is like trying to drink water with a fork.

Well you learn something every day, interesting post thanks.

What's the population of CE on PC?

I don't play Halo on 360 because fps with a controller for me is like trying to drink water with a fork.

I can't currently check, out of state on vacation(I know, who goes on the Internet when on vacation??), but when I played last there were around 2,000-3,000 people online. I however don't know if this counts both Halo: Combat Evolved AND Custom Edition...it should though. Not a lot, but for a game that is over a decade old and hasn't been updated except for recently when the Gamespy servers went down and Bungie intervened, then I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Halo 2 had/has a lot of players as well, but I couldn't play it because the keyboard and mouse controls were horrendous. You NEEDED a 360 pad for it, otherwise you'll be in an awkward setup the whole time. Which is primarily why I wish they would release this for PC, so we can actually have a Halo game where the controls felt good, don't get me wrong, Halo CE has decent controls, but Halo 2 is a bit faster paced(at least to me) and requires finer controls.

I can't currently check, out of state on vacation(I know, who goes on the Internet when on vacation??), but when I played last there were around 2,000-3,000 people online. I however don't know if this counts both Halo: Combat Evolved AND Custom Edition...it should though. Not a lot, but for a game that is over a decade old and hasn't been updated except for recently when the Gamespy servers went down and Bungie intervened, then I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Halo 2 had/has a lot of players as well, but I couldn't play it because the keyboard and mouse controls were horrendous. You NEEDED a 360 pad for it, otherwise you'll be in an awkward setup the whole time. Which is primarily why I wish they would release this for PC, so we can actually have a Halo game where the controls felt good, don't get me wrong, Halo CE has decent controls, but Halo 2 is a bit faster paced(at least to me) and requires finer controls.

If an FPS is ported to PC the feeling of the axes/sensitivity needs to feel right, it needs to allow raw input and not do any kind of smoothing or acceleration.

What was horrendous about the controls? Were they just bad binds with no rebindable keys?

What was horrendous about the controls? Were they just bad binds with no rebindable keys?

Pretty much, from what I remember. I don't even think there was another layout you could switch too.

I also believe there was slight mouse acceleration, but it's been a while since I've played. I just know that this was one of the reasons why I didn't play it, and not a lot of games do this to me :/

If I was home I'd try to launch it up and play some singleplayer, but I only have a HP Compaq 6910p at my disposal...

I just hopped on Halo Reach for nostalgia purposes a couple weeks ago and there were around 15,000 players online total. Played a few games of Halo 3 and there were around 10,000.

You are right though, Halo 4 didn't sit well with a lot of people. When that happens, you're likely to see a lot of people migrate to different games. I used to play a LOT of Halo, and then I moved on to Battlefield. I never even purchased Halo 4. I've played maybe 50 matches when I had borrowed the game from my nephew, who did get it. He's like 10, and even he would rather play Reach than Halo 4. :P

Halo 4 separated the Halo fans from the Bungie fans. Turns out... there were fewer real "Halo fans" than we thought.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Halo 4 separated the Halo fans from the Bungie fans. Turns out... there were fewer real "Halo fans" than we thought.

To be honest, I am a huge Halo fan, I've played every Halo(except Spartan Assault) and I have loved every single one, except Halo 4. The campaign was uninteresting and the multiplayer was configured as if it was a CoD game. Halo Wars is more of a Halo game than Halo 4 was. I don't even remember Halo 4's campagin except the ending, however I remember Halo: CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST and Wars. Every. Single. Mission. I still remember the jump spots to get out of maps in Halo 2 and 3's campaign. I still remember the order to do the rings for the IWHBYD skull. I remember button glitches and some superjump spots for Halo 2.

Halo 4? We got nothing. We got the continuation of Chief's story and a barebones multiplayer. This is why I am hoping that Halo 2's remake will succeed, or at least Halo 3. I don't have high hopes for Halo 5 mainly because 343 already proved that they do not know what they are doing with the franchise.

http://www.totalxbox.com/78048/halo-the-master-chief-collection-pc-port-isnt-impossible/
I think this would be a great way for Microsoft to gain market share of PC gamers, and especially retain the ones who like me have switched from xbox to PC.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Halo 4? We got nothing. We got the continuation of Chief's story and a barebones multiplayer. This is why I am hoping that Halo 2's remake will succeed, or at least Halo 3. I don't have high hopes for Halo 5 mainly because 343 already proved that they do not know what they are doing with the franchise.

I don't think you should discount 343 quite yet. Halo 4 was their first game. Halo 5 will really show whether or not they know what they're doing. Learning and changing is a huge part of what makes a good anything let alone game developer. Though, I'm definitely on the unoptimistic side of the fence right now.

Not to ruin your theory, but I think it's about as viable as 99% of HL3 theory's. I highly doubt it. It's an XB franchise at it's heart.  It'd almost be like taking ARMA to consoles.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I don't think you should discount 343 quite yet. Halo 4 was their first game. Halo 5 will really show whether or not they know what they're doing. Learning and changing is a huge part of what makes a good anything let alone game developer. Though, I'm definitely on the unoptimistic side of the fence right now.

Yeah, it really is a "see and wait" type scenario. I guess the game as a whole really left a sour taste in my mouth; uninteresting campaign, spartan ops being a minigame, multiplayer feeling & looking like CoD and DLC being exported left and right while the community died.

Really hoping Halo 2 Anniversary is gonna have a revival on the community.