SwiftKey is now free forever

TopWargamer

Never heard of it. Also don't really see the need for it. The word suggestions built into Samsung Phones is very good. I can see its use on a tablet, but a phone? Not convinced.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Personally I liked the full version of Swype after using the free version of it on my old Samsung phone. I tried the week of Switftkey but missed my Swype so I bought the full version to see if it was much better. And for the most part it is, but whenever I go into landscape and tap the letters it locks up and dies on both my Galaxy S3 mini and my Shield. So I recently downloaded Google's keyboard. Which is actually pretty good for the most part except I can't customize the look (no big deal but nice to have) and then some words don't like to be said even after the swear filter is turned off. And it just gives me other problems. Was gonna buy it but since it's free i've gone ahead and downloaded it. Lets give this another shot shall we?

I'll probably watch Linus's livestream where he repaired his wives.

I'd love to see that! I need to repair my wives, too.

Nice.  I've been loyal to Swiftkey for many years - it is the best keyboard on the market!

I'm glad they did it. Even though I paid for it as well, it wasn't a lot (like 0.90€ on a promo or something), and by making it free, it'll make it available for a lot of people who should use a better keyboard.

Ok I'll give it another go although I'm really happy with htcs standard keyboard on the m8.

I wonder why they made it free.. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I'm typing this with SwiftKey. :D

EDIT: Damn this is a good keyboard, it's not often that you find something better than what you've got and free, y u hide from me thus far?

I tried it today and did not like it. I find TouchPal X to be much more accurate when it comes to prediction.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

That is great, It's the best keyboard I've used hands down. Worth every cent as everyone here seems to agree. Nice that they have offered a free theme pack for the people that did decide to buy it when it was pay to use as well very thoughtful of them.

My one complaint from switching from iOS to android was that the predictive typing didn't work. Now I am free to type well! YAY

Pilates

I just downloaded it and it's slow and sluggish

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Just got SwiftKey and it's pretty cool, haha. It's got a way better word detection.

I love swiftkey but I've found myself using touchpalx even more, it has a bunch of cool built in features swiftkey doesn't(such as swipe up for emojiis).

Why does this app need to read my phone calls? Seriously people check permissions. I'll be using cm privacy guard but I'll keep you up to dare how frequent it uses these permissions.

Tried it over 9 months and absolutely loved it. I'd been delaying getting it for so long and had ended up in actually using my phone less because of how much I dislike the regular keyboard.

So happy this is happening :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Just downloaded it on my MotoX. It's slow and laggy, frooze a few times. Uninstalling an going back to google keyboard.

This is the only keyboard I've used extensively on my S3.

Tried out others but none matched both the swyping experience and the word prediction.

Love it and the new themes were all I needed. Glad buyers got a pack of free themes.

Why does this app need to read my phone calls? Seriously people check permissions. I'll be using cm privacy guard but I'll keep you up to dare how frequent it uses these permissions.

It reads phone status not phone calls.

The only one that could be seen as invasive is read text  messages. This is so it can scan them to find out how you type and give better predictions.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I just got it. Thanks for the heads up. So far, it's way better than the stock keyboard. Works like a charm on my Moto x.

I think soon we'll see it on iOS8.

well, they did say they were starting on the IOS app for this fall....

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

well, they did say they were starting on the IOS app for this fall....

With extensions in iOS8 they don't need an app

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

this is awesome! swiftkey, for me, is the best 3rd party keyboard. 

best feature for me? the swipe to delete a word feature!  :D

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I got the app when Amazon had it on for free for a day.  Best thing ever.

Glad it's gone free now as well.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus