SwiftKey is now free forever

TopWargamer

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/11/swiftkey-android-keyboard-free/?ncid=rss_truncated&utm_campaign=socialmedia_fb&utm_source=socialmedia_fb&utm_medium=fb

Of the third-party keyboards available on the Google Play Store, SwiftKey is among the oldest and most well-known. And although it's getting its iOS8 app ready for the fall, it certainly isn't forgetting the platform that helped the $4 app get its big break. With today's update, SwiftKey's premium Android keyboard is now permanently free of charge. This is great news for fresh users, and the loyal folks who've previously purchased the app won't be left out of the update: Legacy customers will get a $5 theme ten-pack for free. Additionally, the refresh also comes with a SwiftKey store (with 30 themes available at launch), a number row and over 800 emoji. Many of the features in this update were offered as part of a beta, so it's refreshing to see them added into the final product.

Wow, that's awesome! No more 30 day trials or straight out piracy. You can get the full version of SwiftKey for free, with no time limits, and it'll be free forever. I just bought the keyboard too (through Amazon's appstore, cause of free Amazon coins) but it's not a big deal. So for all of you who wanted to use SwiftKey before, go download it now!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey

COMIC SANS

I think soon we'll see it on iOS8.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

OT: your Avatar looks like the pacman from the Original Xbox game. 

OnT: I think I may get it and see how it runs on my phone

OT: your Avatar looks like the pacman from the Original Xbox game.

It's actually from the Pac-Man Smash Bros. trailer that was released a few hours ago, hah.

COMIC SANS

I think soon we'll see it on iOS8.

I hope they charge the IOS users then :D

isn't swiftkey just like swype on Samsung devices?

I bought mine and don't regret it. Been using it for about 6ish months now. What a shame I can't use it at all anymore because I did this:.....

10308152_763816576992099_763029204560113

I bought mine and don't regret it. Been using it for about 6ish months now. What a shame I can't use it at all anymore because I did this:.....

10308152_763816576992099_763029204560113

Aw, what a shame. The DNA is a good phone too (except for the battery life). Use to have a DNA (employee edition) before I got my G2.

COMIC SANS

Aw, what a shame. The DNA is a good phone too (except for the battery life). Use to have a DNA (employee edition) before I got my G2.

I'll probably watch Linus's livestream where he repaired his wives.

Although now that I don't have a phone, I realize how little I cared when I actually had one :P 

I don't regret purchasing swift key easily one of the better apps worth my money.

I bought it twice, one of the most best useful apps over there. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

SwiftKey was actually worth the money.  Nice seeing it go free so it's more accessible to the people who couldn't buy it then.  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I had the trial for a week but i absoluteley hated it. Might give it another try, maybe 1 week is too short.

who cares...

I'm glad it comes as stock in WP8.1

Well, It used to work on my phone, but now it's listed as incompatible.. Soooo I guess that I'll have to take everyone's word for it. Being the best and all that.

Well, It used to work on my phone, but now it's listed as incompatible.. Soooo I guess that I'll have to take everyone's word for it. Being the best and all that.

You could find the APK online and side load the app.

COMIC SANS

SwiftKey is the first thing I bought for my HTC one and the only thing I use daily. It's more than paid for itself.

Such an amazing thing they have decided to give it away for free

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Hell to the yeah! Downloading right now :D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

You could find the APK online and side load the app.

Chur, on it.

Thanks for the heads up, loved this app when I trialed it but it was too big for my very geto smart phone. Then I got an S3 and have been using Samsungs swipe keyboard, but I just don't like it as much. Couldn't justify paying for a different version of something I had for free though! But now...

I've been using SwiftKey since the beginning. I've sworn by it since my HTC Desire. I swear by it, I've owned both the phone and the now redundant tablet version.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Is there any way to turn off predictions AND autocorrect? I bought swiftkey but i don't use it because i cannot stand autocorrect.