PC gaming is on the rise

TechFanboy

Really? LOL! PC GAMING WILL BE THE BEST OF THEM ALL!! 

It's just a face palm for me that they even Compare PC to consoles... i mean they each have the technology but why? The answer is simple, PC WILL  BE FUTURISTIC...AWESOME MOTHERBOARDS & Stuff xD  :)  :)  :)  and PC is for Mature & Proffesional Hardcore Gamers.. SO HAIL TO PC 

http://www.techspot.com/news/57051-pc-gaming-is-on-the-rise-in-the-console-vs-pc-race-it-looks-like-pc-is-surging-ahead.html

Your name is very ironic ;3 just saying of course PC's are superior they can actually be upgraded a console can't until the next release its not a fair comparison at all.

People finally got it.

The new consoles are absolutely not worth it.

And the hype of League of Legends and DOTA 2 is real :D, which probably makes up about 70-80%% of all pc gamers.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

and PC is for Mature & Proffesional Hardcore Gamers..

Given some of the posts I have read around here it would be easy to argue  that maturity and professionalism have little do with hardcore gaming.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And the hype of League of Legends and DOTA 2 is real :D, which probably makes up about 70-80%% of all pc gamers.

Ironically those are the games that consoles actually could run!

Pilates

Given some of the posts I have read around here it would be easy to argue  that maturity and professionalism have little do with hardcore gaming.

hahah i agree... just sayin my point hahha =))  :)  :)

Oh? But I though resolution was just a number and 30 FPS was all that's needed for the filmic look! Seriously this has been coming for a while: Console publishers are just out of control with their fucking greed and created an unsustainable business strategy of thinking "fuck customers they're dumb thieves who we need to exploit"

-------

Current Rig

-------

I think most of us know this...

Quote me to get a reply!

No it doesn't, it's popular sure but at most I'd say 20%.

Mh I don't know for sure of course, but LoL and DOTA have about 40 Million active players, the next most active community is WoW with about 6-7 Million.

20% would mean that there 200m active pc gamers out there, which I really doubt.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

And today I scolded a friend on Facebook for planning a 4770K + R9 295X2 $3k rig for playing LoL and "overclocking" even though he wasn't planning to get off the stock cooler

the thirst is real

Of course i was expecting this. they released "new" consoles in 2014 that run games on 720p, 792p, 900p at 30 FPS :D  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

console fanboys LOOOOOOOOOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

And today I scolded a friend on Facebook for planning a 4770K + R9 295X2 $3k rig for playing LoL and "overclocking" even though he wasn't planning to get off the stock cooler

the thirst is real

Da heck? Just to play LOL? with a $3 rig? HAHAHAA!! Just get that $3 and give him something else haha!

I don't get that: I know lots of people who tell me about their cars and to me owning anything more than a small engine sedan its stupid, particularly for people like me living in big cities where a car is not even that indispensable at all. But I still don't get upset or offended with people who buy unnecessary cards hell my next door neighbor has a Porsche (hint: I can't even afford AC). But as soon as someone buys a fancy PC it's "All that just for LoL? what an idiot!"

People are interested in PC gaming, that includes rich people and/or folk who just like luxury shit, it's cool it's still more asses in the sits of the PC gaming arena.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't even get why it has to be hardcore gaming.

Professional Hardcore Gamers. Unless you actually compete in proper tournaments you aren't a pro.

I also wouldn't say its a mature audience either has the OP ever seen a chat log from a LOL game.

You don't have to be on PC to be a pro look at the diversity of games at MLG.

Being a pro is competing in things like WCS,MLG,EVO ect.. not spending hours on a game and thinking you are good.

Also awesome motherboards? Yeah they are nice and some look amazing but its like the last thing that is ever praised in a build.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Mh I don't know for sure of course, but LoL and DOTA have about 40 Million active players, the next most active community is WoW with about 6-7 Million.

20% would mean that there 200m active pc gamers out there, which I really doubt.

There are 140 million Steam Users that are active, Not all PC gamers use Steam. I would say so.

PC fans have a right to gloat, as market analysts had been predicting the deaths of both PCs and their games for years.

You mean people who get paid to spew BS? I wish I could get paid for making some junk up, even if it would backfire in my face hardcore. :P

Yet there isn't a month that goes by when i don't think about giving up on gaming because really the last two or three years offering has been lack lustre.

You mean people who get paid to spew BS? I wish I could get paid for making some junk up, even if it would backfire in my face hardcore. :P

You mean the people who don't actually understand jack sh*t about the enthusiast market?

No better than the investors who sued AMD for Llano as bad as Llano was, it was pretty ridiculous.

It's clear that PC gaming has been on the rise for quite sometime thanks to it now being an easier platform to get into, but consoles do offer a good value and have their advantages over PC, and it's just ignorant to pretend they don't. Just as a bit of background, I used to be a console gamer quite some time ago then moved to exclusively playing on PC. I made the switch about in 2008.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Elaborate.

For less money, they offer generally better gaming performance than a small form factor PC for the same price. They generally don't require extra optimization (the stuff is already done) so the PS4 can thrive off of two complete POS Jaguar modules without running into a bottleneck that a A4-3400 + HD 7850 would run into.

For $400, one cannot build a comparable mini-ITX gaming PC without already having parts. The 7850K is pretty much the only APU that can comfortably handle 1080p gaming across the board on decent settings, and that's only with the right RAM and board. mini-ITX stuff is also expensive; when was the last time you saw a Silverstone ML04 build that could handle BF4 1080p easily for just $400?

That being said, consoles really offer a good value only if you value gaming over absolutely everything else (I mean it, everything else). Otherwise the complete POS rest of the SoC kicks in and the PS4 gets humiliated next to everything else that it could possibly be compared to.

I hate it when console fanboys think that 8GB GDDR5 makes a difference when comparing to anything other than the Xbone; it's literally like running a high end discrete card off of an Athlon X2.

Elaborate.

Do I have too :S.

Edit: Oh someone did for me, thanks @tabascosauz!

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Dude look at how many people who took the survey :P 957 isn't really enough to get a clear picture.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz