Heaven Society - Week 7 (Hyouka)

JLCitadel

-snip-

I totally understand why you feel that way :D

As of now there is no season two, there is only enough content for a movie or a 13 episode season, the author takes quite a long time writing the novels.

I'll have a review written after work explaining some of the points in the anime. I did initially mention it wasn't something for everyone :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I totally understand why you feel that way :D

As of now there is no season two, there is only enough content for a movie or a 13 episode season, the author takes quite a long time writing the novels.

I'll have a review written after work explaining some of the points in the anime. I did initially mention it wasn't something for everyone :P

Hmm alright.

Well " it wasn't something for everyone" kinda aplies to all anime´s  :P

Hmm alright.

Well " it wasn't something for everyone" kinda aplies to all anime´s   :P

Hmm true, but this one in particular I feel has quite a bit of differences compared to most anime series. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Hmm true, but this one in particular I feel has quite a bit of differences compared to most anime series. 

I understand what your saying although i cant agree (not yet at lest), afterall It´s different for everyone :D

So after re-reading my opinion i changed my perspective abit.

I do agree it was great but i FEEL like it could have been better, so much more! I´ll have to check out the novel because i feel like thats where i can fully grasp it. The anime adaption feels like a teaser for me and keeps telling me there is more. 

This anime is like a Tip of an ice berg and that is not enough for me.

Edit:....rereading my post made me think i said the same thing 3 times but with different words 

jSFywBu.gif

The Novel is still a work in progress right? Or is it the Manga?

The Novel is still a work in progress right?

Correct. 

Hmm... well anything I say about the series is going to be somewhat biased. This is the one anime that got me back into watching everything I've seen for the past 2 years and relighting the fire that is "interest" in this story telling entertainment medium referred to as anime. 

Correct. 

Hmm... well anything I say about the series is going to be somewhat biased. This is the one anime that got me back into watching everything I've seen for the past 2 years and relighting the fire that is "interest" in this story telling entertainment medium referred to as anime. 

How can someone be biased about something that has crated content for 90% of their posts lol. If people didn't think you had a bit of a biased opinion on this anime I would be surprised. 

How can someone be biased about something that has crated content for 90% of their posts lol. If people didn't think you had a bit of a biased opinion on this anime I would be surprised. 

Just throwing that out there to prove I'm sane. 

There's no need to sugar coat anything you say about the series because I'm here. :P

A bit slow getting going again but I'm just on the episode of the hanging man's shadow and the atmosphere is nothing short of incredible beautiful score some fun new characters and some more character development. Such a great episode. My only complaint about the series so far is the fan service slips here or there they are never subtle enough to not break me out of the mood. It's no rosario or Gundam seed but its distracting me xD

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

A bit slow getting going again but I'm just on the episode of the hanging man's shadow and the atmosphere is nothing short of incredible beautiful score some fun new characters and some more character development. Such a great episode. My only complaint about the series so far is the fan service slips here or there they are never subtle enough to not break me out of the mood. It's no rosario or Gundam seed but its distracting me xD

Haha funny enough I found the fan service in Hyouka to be little or non-existent and that's one of the reason I liked it so much. 

FXLIplz.jpg

EDIT: Oh and the fan service that was there wasn't the extremely bothersome and obnoxious type. Well to me at least.

Haha funny enough I found the fan service in Hyouka to be little or non-existent and that's one of the reason I liked it so much. 

-snip-

EDIT: Oh and the fan service that was there wasn't the extremely bothersome and obnoxious type. Well to me at least.

I guess Chitanda in all those different outfits for photos was the only kind of fan service. I kind of wanted the fact that Oreki had seen the photos to be developed a little more, but oh well. 

FXLIplz.jpg

It's a very small amount I'd say the majority is just a few frames from closing credits but the series is one I just become absorbed in I'm a bit to hyper sensitive to it as well.

I think the series carries itself so well it's one of the few things I can complain about even if it's minor :P

Edit:

Just seen your edit xD yes the fan service is very minor I just notice it and it breaks the atmosphere for me.

As I said it's nothing like the jiggles in Gundam seed destiny or rosario where it is essentially a feature of the show (as much as it's a guilty pleasure series to me)

The atmosphere is so well crafted I just feel it isn't needed.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I guess Chitanda in all those different outfits for photos was the only kind of fan service. I kind of wanted the fact that Oreki had seen the photos to be developed a little more, but oh well. 

Haha I agree. 

Haha I agree.

Updated my post just seen your edit xD

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Updated my post just seen your edit xD

I definitely agree, but if that happened it wouldn't be a Kyoani production. And it would seriously be out there on its own because well... how many anime's out there don't have a pinch of fan service? xD

Oh i get it... this was all just a trap and the story just ends.... there better be more coming.

Anyways If this doesn't have a second season it would have been better if his hallucination was said out loud but i thought that the other times he did that as well.

Oh i get it... this was all just a trap and the story just ends.... there better be more coming.

Anyways If this doesn't have a second season it would have been better if his hallucination was said out loud but i thought that the other times he did that as well.

A trap? I don't see how it was a trap lol.

There were only two times he's had that sorta experience really, episode one and the last episode. 

A trap? I don't see how it was a trap lol.

There were only two times he's had that sorta experience really, episode one and the last episode. 

I'm calling it a trap because it pulls you in and just stops before getting anywhere lol

I think he did it more then just 2 times (I did just watch 22 episodes in 2 days but i could be wrong) If nothing else things he thought but did not say were in there alot

I'm calling it a trap because it pulls you in and just stops before getting anywhere lol

I think he did it more then just 2 times (I did just watch 22 episodes in 2 days but i could be wrong) If nothing else things he thought but did not say were in there alot

I actually thought they way they ended it was good, of course I felt trolled in the beginning too.

Full review coming up! I'll explain some of the points in the anime that may have been overlooked :P

I actually thought they way they ended it was good, of course I felt trolled in the beginning too.

Full review coming up! I'll explain some of the points in the anime that may have been overlooked :P

I would love to hear what you have to say about it. Also don't get me wrong i really liked it, just if it ends there it will be a let down.

I would love to hear what you have to say about it. Also don't get me wrong i really liked it, just if it ends there it will be a let down.

Hopefully we'll see a movie or another season. The author needs to get more books out~ he's slowwwww

Hopefully we'll see a movie or another season. The author needs to get more books out~ he's slowwwww

He can take all the time that is needed for writing I'm sure as long as me and you are both active on this forum when it comes out i will find out about it. The only real problem I think i will run into is I will forget about the anime before the next thing comes out since it took 11 years to go from novel to anime the first time although i think it would be faster then that. One problem is that it seems the trend has been just to kill an anime after a season. I don't know if this is in hopes of driving manga/book sales or if they just have bad ratings.

He can take all the time that is needed for writing I'm sure as long as me and you are both active on this forum when it comes out i will find out about it. The only real problem I think i will run into is I will forget about the anime before the next thing comes out since it took 11 years to go from novel to anime the first time although i think it would be faster then that. One problem is that it seems the trend has been just to kill an anime after a season. I don't know if this is in hopes of driving manga/book sales or if they just have bad ratings.

Worst case you'll just have to read it :P

Should I watch it subbed or dubbed?

Subbed, I don't believe there is a dubbed version of Hyouka at the moment.