Heaven Society - Week 7 (Hyouka)

JLCitadel

Subbed, I don't believe there is a dubbed version of Hyouka at the moment. 

Oh, I'll give it a try :) Normally I prefer dubbed but we'll see

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

fixed.

I don't know if I would call that fixed as much as corrected to a more biased view point. I have nothing against dubs myself and think they can be done well, however a lot have been done badly.

I don't know if I would call that fixed as much as corrected to a more biased view point. I have nothing against dubs myself and think they can be done well, however a lot have been done badly.

The Garden of Words dub seemed pretty good. :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yeah its like 1 out of 1000 that are good.

But then again its down to personal opinions as well, i like the Dub of Gundam SEED and im sure not many would agree.

I would love to hear what you have to say about it. Also don't get me wrong i really liked it, just if it ends there it will be a let down.

What more do you want to see out of it? There are a bunch of anime that sorta end that way so I have come to accept it many times. At least its not as bad as a anime where multiple seasons are planned but only one is done so there is just a gaping hole at the end.

He can take all the time that is needed for writing I'm sure as long as me and you are both active on this forum when it comes out i will find out about it. The only real problem I think i will run into is I will forget about the anime before the next thing comes out since it took 11 years to go from novel to anime the first time although i think it would be faster then that. One problem is that it seems the trend has been just to kill an anime after a season. I don't know if this is in hopes of driving manga/book sales or if they just have bad ratings.

Make a note in a txt file or notebook about it? That is definitely a long time between the content and the anime for something that didnt have its figurative foot in the anime door. Anime, at least in japan, is made to sustain sales of other things not the anime it self. They dont necessarily kill the anime off in one season, they just only plan one and then only if it does really really good and creates it own following do they usually make another. i would like to point out that Hyouka is 22eps which is "two seasons" now days. The problem with this is if they hard end the first season and a second season happens man is it awakard. This has happened with a couple times over recent years when an anime that wasnt expected to do well and was just a gap filler did amazingly well and created its own unlikely following. The second season then usually just ends up being all about fan service in one for or another.

fixed.

why do you say that?

The Garden of Words dub seemed pretty good. :P

Big name movies usually are.

Yeah its like 1 out of 1000 that are good.

But then again its down to personal opinions as well, i like the Dub of Gundam SEED and im sure not many would agree.

I just cant stand Gundam SEED much less SEED Destiny so I wouldnt know.

What more do you want to see out of it? There are a bunch of anime that sorta end that way so I have come to accept it many times. At least its not as bad as a anime where multiple seasons are planned but only one is done so there is just a gaping hole at the end.

Make a note in a txt file or notebook about it? That is definitely a long time between the content and the anime for something that didnt have its figurative foot in the anime door. Anime, at least in japan, is made to sustain sales of other things not the anime it self. They dont necessarily kill the anime off in one season, they just only plan one and then only if it does really really good and creates it own following do they usually make another. i would like to point out that Hyouka is 22eps which is "two seasons" now days. The problem with this is if they hard end the first season and a second season happens man is it awakard. This has happened with a couple times over recent years when an anime that wasnt expected to do well and was just a gap filler did amazingly well and created its own unlikely following. The second season then usually just ends up being all about fan service in one for or another.

I would have been more then happy if they just both said they liked each other and ended it there.

I have saved a bookmark to the wiki for it and at some point i"m sure i will run across the bookmark and look into it (my bookmarks like like 4 years old that i just clear out ever few months). I have started to make the assumption that the anime was more of a marketing thing then anything and that seems to be what i keep running into when watching some anime. They seem to just end and never finish the story where it would make a good end point and this would not be so bad if i could find someway to finish the story but that is not always that easy at the time I'm watching them.

@TheProfosist SEED was good, love some of the designs. Destiny on the otherhand was a mixed bag :S

Its defenetly not the best in the gundam universe but its one of them. Personal favorit is Gundam X, ZZ and Unicorn. I havent watched Counter attack though :( and i did not like Kiddy feeling from gundam Age.

Turn A gundam is also good and very unique.

I would have been more then happy if they just both said they liked each other and ended it there.

There are alot of subtle things in Hyouka that people might not notice on their first watch through. 

Even if they didn't say it out loud you can tell they have a connection. :P

7DS9JLz.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@TheProfosist SEED was good, love some of the designs. Destiny on the otherhand was a mixed bag :S

Its defenetly not the best in the gundam universe but its one of them. Personal favorit is Gundam X, ZZ and Unicorn. I havent watched Counter attack though :( and i did not like Kiddy feeling from gundam Age.

Turn A gundam is also good and very unique.

Unicorn was great and a throwback. I though Gundam 00 had a nearly perfect balance of everything required in a Gundam Anime. AGE was aimed at a different audience. I had it I just havnt gotten around to watching it.

There are alot of subtle things in Hyouka that people might not notice on their first watch through. 

Even if they didn't say it out loud you can tell they have a connection. :P

I agree you can definitely tell they have a connection that is why all i wished for different in the end was a verbalization that the connection and it could have ended at the same point if they or even just he said he liked her instead of just imagining himself saying it.

I agree you can definitely tell they have a connection that is why all i wished for different in the end was a verbalization that the connection and it could have ended at the same point if they or even just he said he liked her instead of just imagining himself saying it.

But then theres no mystery and how easy it really to tell a girl you like her in high school, especially for someone like Oreki. <-- this could be relative

But then theres no mystery and how easy it really to tell a girl you like her in high school, especially for someone like Oreki. <-- this could be relative

Exactly, he go nailed with the same feelings that Satoshi had with his relationship ordeal. In reality how would you have reacted? 

Exactly, he go nailed with the same feelings that Satoshi had with his relationship ordeal. In reality how would you have reacted? 

I understand that which is why if it continues I'm fine with it but I just don't like how it ended if that is the end. 

I understand that which is why if it continues I'm fine with it but I just don't like how it ended if that is the end. 

The story continues in the book :P

Maybe we'll see a movie or a 2nd season someday. 

The story continues in the book :P

Maybe we'll see a movie or a 2nd season someday. 

if it continues in the book I'm happy already now I just need the translated book lol

if it continues in the book I'm happy already now I just need the translated book lol

The small group that was translating the novels was also assisting the translation group I'm a part of with the Hyouka manga, however they seem to have dropped their project. So I no longer get translations for the Hyouka manga. =/

I'm looking around for potential translators who can possibly help with the Hyouka manga translations right now. The manga however is behind the anime *shrugs*.

You can read it here if you want: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/hyouka/c001/

You can also find the novel translaiton's here: http://hyouka-rangers.tumblr.com/

Started to watch this like a month ago and just couldn't get into it, but watched 2 episodes, so I tried and failed.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Started to watch this like a month ago and just couldn't get into it, but watched 2 episodes, so I tried and failed.

Same, I got to the book episode or something (I really tried to enjoy it T.T). I was really disappointed because Hyouka looks amazing in AMV's and I think if the plot was different I would reaaally enjoy it but it's not so I don't :(.

Same, I got to the book episode or something (I really tried to enjoy it T.T). I was really disappointed because Hyouka looks amazing in AMV's and I think if the plot was different I would reaaally enjoy it but it's not so I don't :(.

Yeah after watching Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero, then moving to something like Hyouka it got way too boring for me

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Only the "Hyouka" arc was interesting, the rest was meh.  Such a shame, it was a beautiful show.  What a waste of KyoAni's expertise.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

@MyInnerFred Keep calm! Breath!

This was a expected reaction to be honest, the series didn't get a very high rating in general. I actually felt a bit guilty when it won pick of the week lol, I keep thinking people chose Hyouka simply because they've seen me plaster the gifs of it all over the place.

I'm currently in the middle of helping someone move so back to work for me. xD

Lets make next weeks pick a exciting one! Send your flood of suggestions to @Luclocke and blow up his inbox now~!

This was a expected reaction to be honest, the series didn't get a very high rating in general. I actually felt a bit guilty when it won pick of the week lol, I keep thinking people chose Hyouka simply because they've seen me plaster the gifs of it all over the place.

Oh I'm sure they did pick it because of that.