Im going to Dreamhack Summer 2014 and I need help

Ploooopp

So I'm going by bus (Swebus) and I am not sure how to pack my computer or anything. It's my first time going and im kind of nervouse, I dont want to accidentally forget something and then regret it when im there. 
Any suggestions on things that I should bring with me? 

Also, any good tips?

Thanks in advance!

So I can put anything here?

I would wrap the case in some kind of tape to form a sling in which to carry it if it doesn't have handles, then I'd carry the monitor under my other arm and have all the wires and peripherals in a backpack along with my other supplies.

If possible pack it in the original box with the original packing foam.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

First. Make a list
Then. Pack all your peripherals into a big bag of some kind.

If you can. Tie the monitor and case together to make them a single unit.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Take graphics card out.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Take graphics card out.

Yeah take the GPU and HDD out since those are the only things that are likley to be damaged.

But if you are certain you will forget something write down a list of stuff you need starting right now and add to it whenever you remember something else you need. Then the day you leave make sure you have everything. Have fun at DHS for me!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I agree, make a list, doublecheck it before leaving. Don't forget your cables, at least two power cables (monitor and PC), people tend to forget those, and the Ethernet cable although DH might provide those. Bring your DVI cable.. If you can, get yourself a cheap backup keyboard and a cheap backup mouse. If you're strapped for space, you can use your clothes to pad the things you're carrying... it's less than ideal, so it's just an idea.

Also, you might want to carry the monitor and its stand separately. The monitor itself can be wrapped in a towel and placed into a big backpack. You can tape a piece of cardboard to the front of the monitor.

Important:

PC

Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Headphones
Mousepad
DVI cable
Power cables
GPU (if taken out of case)

I don't know if people sleep at DH but
Toothbrush and toothpaste are always good
Menthos or some breath stuff
A refillable water bottle
Snacks (meh, I don't really)

I would wrap the case in some kind of tape to form a sling in which to carry it if it doesn't have handles, then I'd carry the monitor under my other arm and have all the wires and peripherals in a backpack along with my other supplies.

I have a corsair C70, so I'll carry it from the handles on it.

First. Make a list

I'm going to put my periphirals in my Bag of Holding, I'm going to tie them together and put my pillow between them.

Take graphics card out.

Well the thing with that is... My Gpu is kind of screwed to my case, in form of a Kraken G10... So it'll be quite difficult and annoying to get it out of there :/

Yeah take the GPU and HDD out since those are the only things that are likley to be damaged.

But if you are certain you will forget something write down a list of stuff you need starting right now and add to it whenever you remember something else you need. Then the day you leave make sure you have everything. Have fun at DHS for me!

Where would I put my HDD? Considering it's srewed into the harddrive bay.

I agree, make a list, doublecheck it before leaving. Don't forget your cables, at least two power cables (monitor and PC), people tend to forget those, and the Ethernet cable although DH might provide those. Bring your DVI cable.. If you can, get yourself a cheap backup keyboard and a cheap backup mouse. If you're strapped for space, you can use your clothes to pad the things you're carrying... it's less than ideal, so it's just an idea.

Also, you might want to carry the monitor and its stand separately. The monitor itself can be wrapped in a towel and placed into a big backpack. You can tape a piece of cardboard to the front of the monitor.

Important:

PC

Monitor

Keyboard

Mouse

Headphones

Mousepad

DVI cable

Power cables

GPU (if taken out of case)

I don't know if people sleep at DH but

Toothbrush and toothpaste are always good

Menthos or some breath stuff

A refillable water bottle

Snacks (meh, I don't really)

Thanks, i'll be reffering to this list before leaving :D

I'm going to put my periphirals in my Bag of Holding, I'm going to tie them together and put my pillow between them.

Depending on if im free during dreamhack you might see me around there.

I haven't been at elmia when it hasn't hosted the "Bilsport performance and custom motor show".

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Depending on if im free during dreamhack you might see me around there.

I haven't been at elmia when it hasn't hosted the "Bilsport performance and custom motor show".

So I'm going by bus (Swebus) and I am not sure how to pack my computer or anything. It's my first time going and im kind of nervouse, I dont want to accidentally forget something and then regret it when im there. 

Also, any good tips?

Thanks in advance!

If either of you want to get me a signature or two I would love you dearly :P I can't go -.-

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Well the thing with that is... My Gpu is kind of screwed to my case, in form of a Kraken G10... So it'll be quite difficult and annoying to get it out of there :/

Where would I put my HDD? Considering it's srewed into the harddrive bay.

Well that shouldn't matter then because its the heatsink's weight that creates the problems.

As for the hdd, i think an antistatic bag and as much padding as you can possibly get preferably with something strong an ridgid (like a box )  halfway between the padding and the other stuff.

like this:

|hard thing | padding | HDD

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

If either of you want to get me a signature or two I would love you dearly :P I can't go -.-

Sure, i'll get me and my friends to sign a dirty napkin then I can send you a picture of it or something :D (That does suck.)

Well that shouldn't matter then because its the heatsink's weight that creates the problems.

As for the hdd, i think an antistatic bag and as much padding as you can possibly get preferably with something strong an ridgid (like a box )  halfway between the padding and the other stuff.

like this:

|hard thing | padding | HDD

I shall consider this!

First. Make a list

I just saw your signature thingy. Want to fight? I like self driving cars, I think they are the future, and I am certain that we wont be driving cars in the near future, but cars would merely be a way of getting to place A to B without having to move your arms.

I just saw your signature thingy. Want to fight? I like self driving cars, I think they are the future, and I am certain that we wont be driving cars in the near future, but cars would merely be a way of getting to place A to B without having to move your arms.

I don't want to fight and i've done my best in order to not fight anyone on this forum.

As a car enthusiast i'll keep driving my own car. And when i see that self driving cars are safe,intelligent and don't look like crap i'll accept them being on the road. But i still won't stop driving my own car.

I don't want to fight and i've done my best in order to not fight anyone on this forum.

As a car enthusiast i'll keep driving my own car. And when i see that self driving cars are safe,intelligent and don't look like crap i'll accept them being on the road. But i still won't stop driving my own car.

You my friend, have my respect. Never liked the idea of self driving cars really, just wanted you to get a bit mad :/ I would rather see flying cars that I can drive myself.

You my friend, have my respect. Never liked the idea of self driving cars really, just wanted you to get a bit mad :/ I would rather see flying cars that I can drive myself.

And you are very brave. Trying to get someone mad that might go to the same place that you're going  ;)

As for flying cars. We're getting closer :D. There are already functioning hoverbikes! http://www.hover-bike.com/

And you are very brave. Trying to get someone mad that might go to the same place that you're going  ;)

As for flying cars. We're getting closer :D. There are already functioning hoverbikes! http://www.hover-bike.com/

I know! But I wouldn't get the first version of it, i'd wait for the 3rd or 4th installment of the amazing hovercars :D I'm an optomist when it comes to flying stuff

Also, any good tips?

Thanks in advance!

hall c smells like aids

hall c smells like aids

I'm in D hall... How does Aids smell like?

I'm in D hall... How does Aids smell like?

sweat and tears of noobs

sweat and tears of noobs

Well I'll make sure not to touch C hall then.