What headphone religion do you follow?

BaconComputing

I personally let all of the brands coexist, except Bose and Beats. Share yours below!

Beyerdynamic and Soundmagic currently.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Asking us to choose one, but you'd choose them all...ok.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Asking us to choose one, but you'd choose them all...ok.

Well, many members of this forum are more experienced with the different brands than I am. I'm a new-ish audiophile kind-of.

I personally let all of the brands coexist

Wow, thanks so much for letting all of the brands thrive in the market! Without you, we wouldn't have the audio products that we have today!

i want Sennheiser's HD650, but im using V-Moda M-100's, these are not bad, not at all, its just i want both but at the time i had more need of the V Moda ones :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

None really BUT I really dig AiAiAi's TMA-1 designs

im rocking panasonic earbuds. they arent great, at all, but they will do, until they break, then i will get E10's

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i chose all because u let me

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I've seen these kind of poll many times, with other products/brands, but till this day, I still fail to see the actual point of these kind of polls (unless it's purely for fun and/or killing time only). Why would you wanna be a specific brand's fanboy (that's what these kind of polls are all about, if you think about it), when there are so many good products from various brands to choose? Wouldn't it be better to to base opinions/judgments on individual products instead of the brands?

For example, if I choose Sennheiser. Then, say in the future, Audio Technica release a product that's far better than its Sennheiser counterpart, meaning compared within the same price level in Sennheiser line, the Audio Technica's product is far better, and it turns out I like it a lot. Should I not get it, because it's NOT Sennheiser? If I should not get it, wouldn't it be plain stupid? If I do get it, then what's the point of this poll then?

whatever on special, you might as well rename the title to what audio fanboy are you

I honestly haven't gotten my hands on enough cans to be able to say for sure one brand is dominant. It's why at the moment, I can only recommend Sennheiser, because its the only company I've had enough experience with. I'm using Sennheiser HD 595's at the moment and love the comfort since I have a sensitive crown. I'll be looking into getting a pair of HD 650's as well has some DT 880 premiums.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Religion-talk is against the forum's CoC, mmmkay.

Edit: jk - I don't think anyone should worship any particular headphone company because they all have both bad and good products, but to each their own.

Religion-talk is against the forum's CoC, mmmkay.

Do not back seat moderate. Report an offending post using the report button located at the bottom right of each post. Please do not make posts in the thread or send messages reprimanding other users about rulebreaking, this may be considered off topic/spam. Let the moderation team deal with the situation via the report button.

Do not back seat moderate. Report an offending post using the report button located at the bottom right of each post. Please do not make posts in the thread or send messages reprimanding other users about rulebreaking, this may be considered off topic/spam. Let the moderation team deal with the situation via the report button.

hApP9Zg.gif

whatever fits my preference

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Audio Technica

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Right now my favorite headphones are my modded Fostex but I also use AKGs as my open headphones. Those would probably be my favorite brands and Beyerdynamic following that. After that, Audio Technica, Shure, CHC, and V-moda would probably tie and Sennheiser following that. No experience with Phillips or JVC but I do want to try some Fidelio X1s. Not really interested in JVC. Bose is 2nd last and Beats is the worst. I also want to try Hifiman HE400 or HE500 so not sure where to put that in the list. 

My favorite brand is Sennheiser, though I use headphones from other brands as well. Currently I've got:

Sennheiser HD650 w/ Cardas cable, HD598, IE80

AKG K450, K66

Soundmagic E10

House of Marley Smile Jamaica

Koss PortaPro

One brand that I'd be interested in trying is Grado, haven't had a chance to test them anywhere yet.