Gamers underrated on this forum?

Go to solution Solved by Legion,

This is the best post in the entire thread that sums up my feelings perfectly.

Thanks ^^ I could have structured it better though but I was typing as thoughts came to me and didn't really format it properly :P

This is a tech forum, not a gaming one?

It's better for LTT to stay focused on tech trends and PC hardware than to try to do everything. There are plenty of gaming communities out there. LTT is a tech one. I joined for tech interest, not because I wanted to join a gaming board.

This is LinusTechTips,not LinusGamingTips.That's a reason why gaming is underrated on this forum.

It would be a great idea though. D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

No, no, no. Did you even read the post? I know linus has a child, i know he has a life, and i know he can't do this much stuff. I suggest that people who are willing to help (me included) make this possible and manage it.

I wasn't pointing that at you, I was just putting that out there; hence the last paragraph of the post :)

//ccap

There's not really any reason to change anything, to be honest. The gaming subs are messy because people keep spamming the same shit again and again. There's no need for 10 different threads about Watch Dogs, be it about how much it sucks, how awesome it is, which GPU to get for it, etc. 

Make a single thread, name it "Watch Dogs - General discussion" and make everyone post their worthless topics in there. 

Well we could even post some news in gaming that we could take out from the actual PC gaming and Tech News subforums!

I wouldn't mind seeing a minecraft server for ltt. +1 for this idea.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

If there's one underrated part of this forum that would be the mobile devices section.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

If there's one underrated part of this forum that would be the mobile devices section.

Haha, that too, but it would still be better if we focusted just a little bit more on the gaming section of the forums. Server idea is awesome, for most people, thats why I started this thread.

I actually think gaming is "secondary" on this forum. Hardware enthusiasts are the majority here.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The issue with this concept is ROI and the logistics of it. ROI for those whom may be unfamiliar with the term, is the return on investment. There may be say 50 of you who really want this to go ahead and develop however for it to be a realistic thing, we would need more along the lines of 500-1000 people regularly using the servers to make them sustainable. The prime example of this was the IRC that we had running for a while. Ever week there is another person suggesting that we add an IRC tool to the site however we did at one stage and had it up for 6-8 weeks - it was barely used and in the end, removed because of that fact. If there was major interest in the concept then it would be something that we would consider however at this stage, the numbers just aren't there.

The other issue with this is the logistics - we simply don't have the man power to run such a thing. It's all brilliant saying that you would volunteer for doing x job however there are two problems that then arise. After the novelty disappears, not everyone will stick around to help out and we'll be left stretched thin trying to run things. The second issue with manpower is that every staff member on the team has been carefully chosen because we need to realise that we are the public face of a business and that we have to act accordingly. Trying to find enough users who meet the requirements set by Slick and are willing to give up their time is hard enough as it is.

On the complete opposite side of the coin, due to the large community built around Star Citizen, a separate forum will most likely be implemented purely for that but at a much later date closer to the full release.

If you've got any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

The issue with this concept is ROI and the logistics of it. ROI for those whom may be unfamiliar with the term, is the return on investment. There may be say 50 of you who really want this to go ahead and develop however for it to be a realistic thing, we would need more along the lines of 500-1000 people regularly using the servers to make them sustainable. The prime example of this was the IRC that we had running for a while. Ever week there is another person suggesting that we add an IRC tool to the site however we did at one stage and had it up for 6-8 weeks - it was barely used and in the end, removed because of that fact. If there was major interest in the concept then it would be something that we would consider however at this stage, the numbers just aren't there.

The other issue with this is the logistics - we simply don't have the man power to run such a thing. It's all brilliant saying that you would volunteer for doing x job however there are two problems that then arise. After the novelty disappears, not everyone will stick around to help out and we'll be left stretched thin trying to run things. The second issue with manpower is that every staff member on the team has been carefully chosen because we need to realise that we are the public face of a business and that we have to act accordingly. Trying to find enough users who meet the requirements set by Slick and are willing to give up their time is hard enough as it is.

On the complete opposite side of the coin, due to the large community built around Star Citizen, a separate forum will most likely be implemented purely for that but at a much later date closer to the full release.

So can you give us a rough estimate on when the full release comes out? Just a really, really, rough update.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well they are 45 members voting yes for this, and i think that people voting no do probably want this idea to happen but they too, just like you realize that it's hard, there are many people who like this idea, and many times it happens in forums, succesful clans like ar51 and 3xp did it (some on the forums probably don't know that) so i don't know why a huge forum shouldn't? But indeed, we need more man power, hey, got a stupid idea. What if we recruited people for the job? There are many people in the PC gaming subforum.... I think that we need to try this and abort it if it doesn't work.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that he wants Linus to personally visit him and wax his pc gaming master race chest.

img_7203_glorious-pc-gaming-master-race.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I think what the OP is trying to say is that he wants Linus to personally visit him and wax his pc gaming master race chest.

img_7203_glorious-pc-gaming-master-race.

That would be ni.... Wait, what?????

Soooooo, should we do it?

To long, didnt read.

Its a tech forum, not a gaming forum. End of story? 

To long, didnt read.

Your comment is unneeded, if you want to be a normal person, you would read the whole post before being a f... firetrucker.

It's primarily a tech forum not a gaming forum.

i like this idea!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Your comment is unneeded, if you want to be a normal person, you would read the whole post before being a f... firetrucker.

Oh sorry for participating in a TECH forum.

Game informer, GameSpot, IGN...those are gaming forums. Go there if you want to be immersed in gaming.

Game informer, GameSpot, IGN...those are gaming forums. Go there if you want to be immersed in gaming.

And what is Slick benchmarking all the time? GAMES Okay, why are most of the times computers being bought for? GAMES What is the stuff mostly being reviewed at big events? GAMING READY DEVICES Why is new tech invented for? For efficent work  and better GAMES!

It's not that I want to be a morron about it, but forcing someone to switch forums and being sarcastic just because you don't like someone's idea? Sorry, but 60 percent of people who voted like the idea, 40 percent of them don't like it. But people who don't like the idea made a certain statement about why we shouldn't do a such thing, they didn't force me to go over to IGN. Sorry sir, I can't give two fks if you are commenting about something and how you do not like it, if you don't give a proper statement why we shouldn't do a such thing. Maybe it's impossible for this forum, but you don't need to be a pissed off grandma about it.

Okay, why are most of the times computers being bought for? GAMES 

Work**

The gaming forum is fine as it is. 

Changes would require too much effort to maintain. Currently the subforum is managing fine. 

You don't see much trolling. Slick has said they don't really want another subforum, he was even hesitant about the Star Citizen one and wants to get rid of it or at least make it less public.

To long, didnt read.

Also this comment doesn't help in the slightest. 

If average sized posts are too long for you to read don't you think you should rethink your time on forums if you don't feel like reading?

I do agree with you though Night it is a tech forum as such we shouldn't have subforums for every little thing.

I was against the anime club having its own forum and and I'm against sub dividing the gaming forum even more.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Work**

The gaming forum is fine as it is. 

Changes would require too much effort to maintain. Currently the subforum is managing fine. 

You don't see much trolling. Slick has said they don't really want another subforum, he was even hesitant about the Star Citizen one and wants to get rid of it or at least make it less public.

Also this comment doesn't help in the slightest. 

If average sized posts are too long for you to read don't you think you should rethink your time on forums if you don't feel like reading?

I do agree with you though Night it is a tech forum as such we shouldn't have subforums for every little thing.

I was against the anime club having its own forum and and I'm against sub dividing the gaming forum even more.

Thanks ^^ I could have structured it better though but I was typing as thoughts came to me and didn't really format it properly :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

And what is Slick benchmarking all the time? GAMES Okay, why are most of the times computers being bought for? GAMES What is the stuff mostly being reviewed at big events? GAMING READY DEVICES Why is new tech invented for? For efficent work  and better GAMES!

It's not that I want to be a morron about it, but forcing someone to switch forums and being sarcastic just because you don't like someone's idea? Sorry, but 60 percent of people who voted like the idea, 40 percent of them don't like it. But people who don't like the idea made a certain statement about why we shouldn't do a such thing, they didn't force me to go over to IGN. Sorry sir, I can't give two fks if you are commenting about something and how you do not like it, if you don't give a proper statement why we shouldn't do a such thing. Maybe it's impossible for this forum, but you don't need to be a pissed off grandma about it.

Calm yo tits. Geeezzzz man. its like the worlds going to end with you.