Gamers underrated on this forum?

Go to solution Solved by Legion,

This is the best post in the entire thread that sums up my feelings perfectly.

Thanks ^^ I could have structured it better though but I was typing as thoughts came to me and didn't really format it properly :P

So i was thinking about it, this is a great forum, full of good and caring members, but we are just not using it's full potential...

Look arround, you will see gamers EVERYWHERE, and they are taking a major part of this forum. But how are we returning the favour?

Bunch of unofficial servers.

PC gaming subforum.

Really Linus? Gaming section became a mess, everybody just dumping their random topics into it... Why shouldn't we members manage it?

Many unofficial Platoons and servers, and no one is using them. Not many people know for the existence of the "Unoficiall servers thread" in forum news and info subforums!

So many people aren't even giving attention to it.

Well, this is my idea.

1. We should add a tab on the forums top navigation called gaming.

There should be information about the servers, maybe even a shout box

2. We should make a seperate official steam group for all the gamers, that would be active and be managed by tested users who are willing to help this forum.

3. We would need a subforum for announcments of all the servers that we have.

4. We should use full potential of all unofficial Minecraft and DayZ servers.

5. We should host more servers, I have a server up and running, and no one is even on it, it just makes the idea #4 more usefull.  I was thinking about hosting the Battlefield 3 and 4 servers, and Call of duty servers which are popular, people are filling 24 and 32 slots number constantly, and the servers are very cheap most of the time.

6. Donations, if we are going to host servers, we need money, there are 1500 members online everyday, and they should pay only few cents each to make the servers up and running. The donations should be managed by administrators.

7. Clan wars

What's cooler than that? 32 v 32 against another clan in Battlefield, blow that skyscraper up Linus! Or even scheduling Minecraft Faction wars between the members of the forums itself, which would be scheduled either on the forum calendar or in the Gaming tab I talked about earlier

I think people should implement this kind of system. It would be really cool and make the gamers happier. If this happens, I will take a full-time job of managing the gaming clan, and many's people servers should be used on the forums. Because, they would be a part of LTT, and have more players. 

I will probably make a sketch of how the tab should look like.

Also I thought about splitting the gaming community into two parts. NA and EU part, and they could have wars between themselves? Not a war, but a competition.

On the Gaming tab there should be a featured member of the week where someone can post his ballin montage of the awesome kill he made! As I said there should be a calendar, and even time zones changer.

What are your suggestions for this kind of stuff?

Wasn't this posted the other day?

Yep, but I told the admin to delete it, wanted to start the thread again and better this time

I think it would be fun. 

I would never have to Solo-Que in CS:Go again :o

Haha, sure, everyone vote please!

This sounds like a good idea however I don't think it will happen anytime soon

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

This sounds like a good idea however I don't think it will happen anytime soon

It won't happen anytime soon if we don't up our attitude! We can make it happen, come on!  Vote and maybe Linus sees it :D

It's a nice idea, but it will take a huge amount of work. Everything will likely have to be done by the community, as it's too much for LMG to handle multiple servers and such on their own. 

Also please read the post before voting!

I like the idea of BF3/4 servers.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I don't think you're taking into account that people lose interest very quickly.

I myself have hosted MANY events, servers, and I host a 24/7 teamspeak for LTT + friends.

People like the idea at first, 30+ people come for a day or two of gaming, then everybody but a select few lose interest and go off to do whatever they were doing before hand.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Soooooooooo much work.

It might be nice, but it sounds like everything you want is already there, it just needs someone to organise it.

You don't need an extra subforum or anything, just for people to keep their threads maintained and well advertised.

I don't suppose you've considered that, ya know, there might not actually be that many people who wanna play; rather than a lack of players because they don't know where to find other players.

I'm sure all the people who want to be a part of multiplayer clans and games like this know how to be, and probably already are.

I just think that's a smaller part of the community than you think it is.

I don't think that the changes your suggesting will make much difference, and it's a huge amount of money and work.

My 2 pence, just use the gaming and l4g section more effectively. You don't need a whole new subforum and shakeup.

It's a nice idea, but it will take a huge amount of work. Everything will likely have to be done by the community, as it's too much for LMG to handle multiple servers and such on their own. 

This.

Especially with focus on their new channel, I doubt this will come in a timely manner. I may want it to, but it likely won't. 

I've wanted a special podcast from Linus and Slick to talk about whatever their little hearts desire for months now, and that would only take thirty minutes to an hour every other week, yet I understand that they do have a lot of things on their plate. 

Something we all need to remember is that Linus has a child, he has to be a father before he has to be a husband (err- his wife want it the other way around, but, I'd imagine this is how it goes), a husband before a Tech Youtuber, and a Tech Youtuber before a Forum Administrator. (something to keep in mind when creating requests such as this)

I bet you that if you could create, design, and host a website for it, get a few game servers up and running, and establish a large fan base, they would have no problem integrating a button on the top of the site for it (so long as you retain the LTT affiliation). 

//ccap

i would love if we would get a bf4 server for this forum.

with a thread where you could vote which maps and this stuff.

good idea!

i would be willing to donate!

Yeah, I'm just hoping we're not gonna have an admin like "oooooh you can't use AWS because it's too good, ooooh, you can't use Stinger because it requires zero skill, oooooh, pickup weapons are op"

I bet you that if you could create, design, and host a website for it, get a few game servers up and running, and establish a large fan base, they would have no problem integrating a button on the top of the site for it (so long as you retain the LTT affiliation). 

I bet you we can do that

q

Not to mention when you think about the sheer number of people, not all of them will get along very well.  Out of everyone that get's on my TS, probably.. 5 of them out of the 30 or so don't get along with the rest of the "group". I wish everybody could get along, but unfortunately people are raised differently, and sometimes don't see eye to eye.

I agree about the thing with "if they wanted to be, they probably would be already" which IMO is true, quite a bit of people are active on my ts+ the other unnoficial TS.

We tried running a bf3 & 4 server as well, they worked great for a few days.. Then everyone just loses interest.

For awhile I was hosting a bukkit MC server for like 3 weeks, first 3 days 20+ people were on everyday, then the numbers slowly go downhill.  Idk if it's because of schoolwork, or because they just lose interest or what.

I think another issue is cliques, sure there may be a big group of 50-100 people, but realistically people tend to break off into smaller groups of 5-10 with close friends, because they may be annoyed of other people in other "cliques" or in the group as a whole.  When people split off into smaller groups, they end up not doing what everyone else wants to do, or just not doing anything all together it seems like.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think another issue is cliques, sure there may be a big group of 50-100 people, but realistically people tend to break off into smaller groups of 5-10 with close friends, because they may be annoyed of other people in other "cliques" or in the group as a whole.  When people split off into smaller groups, they end up not doing what everyone else wants to do, or just not doing anything all together it seems like.

Or you can look at it the other way: we can build up large groups from small ones.

I'm for a bigger gaming section, with clear separation. 

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or you can look at it the other way: we can build up large groups from small ones.

Except for the problem that arises from that, they'll usually end up going back to the smaller group with their "close-knit" group of friends.

Except for the problem that arises from that, they'll usually end up going back to the smaller group with their "close-knit" group of friends.

No, I mean for events or something. I have no issues with people playing in smaller groups most of the time.

I don't want to go too much towards the gaming direction. I joined for tech and hardware, not games. While I have no issues with gamers at all, I fear for the general conversation on the forum if there is a heavy focus on gaming.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

This.

Especially with focus on their new channel, I doubt this will come in a timely manner. I may want it to, but it likely won't. 

I've wanted a special podcast from Linus and Slick to talk about whatever their little hearts desire for months now, and that would only take thirty minutes to an hour every other week, yet I understand that they do have a lot of things on their plate. 

Something we all need to remember is that Linus has a child, he has to be a father before he has to be a husband (err- his wife want it the other way around, but, I'd imagine this is how it goes), a husband before a Tech Youtuber, and a Tech Youtuber before a Forum Administrator. (something to keep in mind when creating requests such as this)

No, no, no. Did you even read the post? I know linus has a child, i know he has a life, and i know he can't do this much stuff. I suggest that people who are willing to help (me included) make this possible and manage it.

I don't think you're taking into account that people lose interest very quickly.

I myself have hosted MANY events, servers, and I host a 24/7 teamspeak for LTT + friends.

People like the idea at first, 30+ people come for a day or two of gaming, then everybody but a select few lose interest and go off to do whatever they were doing before hand.

I don't find that true, especially here in Croatia, if someone makes something good, people will just sky rocket into it. But i partially suggest that this is correct. Last time I checked Linus had 800k subsribers, and yet only 100k watch him on regular basis.