Disappointing Sequels

When a game comes out with great potential, you say "wow they can really build off of this, I would totally invest in their next rendition of this game". You are just ready, excited to get your grimy hands on that damn game. you pop in the disc (now a days download the thing unless you pre-load it) and play it, getting past those stupid tutorials because you already know most of the game. You play through those "x" hours, desperately searching for one decent moment where you could of had all but the slightest of fun. Disappointing sequels SUCK. the most disappointing sequel I have ever experienced was Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2, as the story was actually interesting, and the combat was entertaining and absolutely epic, just bringing down the star destroyer will always stick with me. the sequel came along, being short and the premise being boring and just downright annoying. put any of your bad sequel experiences down below, share the grief, let it all out.

Mass Effect 3. It was all I hoped for up until that stupid freaking star child popped up. Ruined the entire series.

i didnt like zelda twilight princess 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Smuggler's Run 2, by far

The original was loads of fun, the second just took everything bad with the first and amplified it, whilst removing the fun-ness

It's an old one for me God of war 2 on PS2 absolutely terrible but the first one was boss!

Banjo Kazooie nut's and bolts, such a great game when i was a kid, and the new one was absolutely awful in comparison to the classics. 

Bioshock 2 wasn't worth the plastic my copy was made out of.

And my copy was digital.

LOL thanks for replying and sharing my topic linus :D

Every Call of Duty after the first Modern Warfare, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter X Tekken (if that counts as a sequel), and Fallout: New Vegas.

They all have had great beginnings. Call of Duty should be evident to everyone.

Bioshock 2 was boring, uninteresting and didn't have good plot progression, making it seem that they just put puzzle pieces together that don't fit properly to make it.

SFxT had on-disk day-one DLC and overall couldn't hold up to SSF4 and Tekken 6 for the pacing and fighting style.

Finally, New Vegas had absolutely nothing that came close to how epic Fallout 3 was. It's a good game, just not nearly as great. Sure, the fighting system was better, but that doesn't make up for anything in my books.

Metro: Last light, if you didn't pre order the game, they've taken out the ranger mode and put it on a dlc for 5$ with just only the mode and in game items. it really sucks because metro:2033 have that game mode. 

Every Call of Duty after the first Modern Warfare, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter X Tekken (if that counts as a sequel), and Fallout: New Vegas.

They all have had great beginnings. Call of Duty should be evident to everyone.

Bioshock 2 was boring, uninteresting and didn't have good plot progression, making it seem that they just put puzzle pieces together that don't fit properly to make it.

SFxT had on-disk day-one DLC and overall couldn't hold up to SSF4 and Tekken 6 for the pacing and fighting style.

Finally, New Vegas had absolutely nothing that came close to how epic Fallout 3 was. It's a good game, just not nearly as great. Sure, the fighting system was better, but that doesn't make up for anything in my books.

yeah, capcom has seriously gone down hill ever since

Doom 3 and Duke Nukem Forever. Do I have to say anything else

FX-6300 @ 4.1 MHz; Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo; XFX Radeon 7870 Core Edition; Arock 970 Extreme 3; Corsair CX600; Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 @1600MHz; Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Zalman Z9 Case

Asus U43F-BBA7; i5-460M @ 2.53GHz; Crucial 8GB(2x4GB) @1333MHz; Intel 520 120GB SSD

LOL thanks for replying and sharing my topic linus :D

I love how he uses his forum like an ordinary user, rather then some supreme overlord.

Resident Evil 5 went full action and killed the RE series for me

Oh god, how could I forget this one. It's terrible because they waterd it down on purpose thinking generic easy to play shooters just make way more money

Metro: Last light, if you didn't pre order the game, they've taken out the ranger mode and put it on a dlc for 5$ with just only the mode and in game items. it really sucks because metro:2033 have that game mode. 

YES, I watched the angry rant from angryjoe on that, makes me furious, I want to wait for the reviews, but I have to be punished? come on

sim city anyone?

CPU : Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2Ghz Motherboard : MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU : MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5 @ 950/1300MHz RAM : Crucial BX Sport 16 GB DDR3-1600 @ 2000MHz PSU : XFX 850W XXX Edition  Storage : Intel 520 Series 120 GB / Samsung 840 Series 240 GB / Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB  Case : Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i

crysis 2.  crysis 1 and warhead were the best in the series.  I miss them...

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

FarCry 2

I liked the first one and third but that second one was very meh...

And well CoD after the first Modern Warfare.

Lots of disappointing games now that I think about it.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I miss Counter Strike 1.6 , Source and Go suck :(

The Godfather 2 is horrible! I remember playing the first one, it was really good, I liked it a lot, but they did whatever on the second one... EA -_-

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64