Disappointing Sequels

Super Mario Bros. 2

Just bleh, the whole thing was BLEH.

so true, if only they released the Japanese version of super Mario bros. 2 instead of re-skinning doki doki panic, it might not be on this list

It does seem that EA has had a right beating by everyone at the moment

EA.jpg

It seems Sega has joined on the lets rip the consumer off.

Colonial Marine rubbish. shogun 2 with its broken multiplayer for years.

Now Sega are asking for £45 (steam price) for a pre order of Rome II. Take note on Colonial Marine.

So until you prove otherwise Sega you are in the same boat as EA.

Phenom II @4.1GHz, 8GB Kingston HyperX @1600MHz,

ASUS M4N98TD Motherboard, MSI Power Edition Twin Frozr NVidia 660ti

(I know she isn't top notch but she is bloody good) :wub:

Let's see

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Raccoon City

Black and White 2

Fable 3

Bioshock 2

Sim City

THere all the ones I can think of, there just the ones I have played!

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

Command & conquer 4. Only played it for the story, wanted to know how it ended. Knew it sucked so decided to cheat the whole thing... Got through 2 missions i think and was to bored to continue.

If you cant even be bothered to cheat through a game... Yeah thats bad. Or rather thats EA.

All c&c's after red alert 2 are bad actually... Cuz that was the last one made by westwood and they were the best. Yes i hated generals to cuz that had nothing to do with c&c. Just caried the name.

All cods after 4 as well. Multiplayer has sucked since but also the games themselves... Way to many of them if you ask me. That cow has been milked way to much.

I have no signature

Assassins Creed 3. I still havent played through it to date.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Mass Effect 3. It was all I hoped for up until that stupid freaking star child popped up. Ruined the entire series.

My experience with ME3 was that every time I look at the new version of Ashley Williams I contemplate going back to game 1 and killing her off so I don't have to get yanked back to reality. I can't handle how much they changed her character model. You wouldn't think that it would be a big deal... Total game breaker for me.

Edit: Hit the wrong quote button. But someone said anything after NFS underground 2 was bad.

Most Wanted and Carbon were good. I won't hear anything bad about them. Except for the last boss in Carbon. He was a pain in the butt.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

Fable 2

Gonna get hate for that, but it's terrible compared to Fable TLC

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm gonna go with Dragon Age 2 and Fable 3 (Fable TLC was awesome, never played Fable 2). Mass Effect 3 can go in the list as well, though it's not at the top of my head.

I'm a huge fan of the Legacy of Kain series. Although Legacy of Kain: Defiance wasn't nearly as good as the previous LoK game, I still think it wasn't that bad. Storyline was still great, just minor gameplay flaws (in my opinion). Man, I wish Crystal Dynamic would create a remake or sequel, that series was incredibly good.

As a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, I was seriously disappointed about the "new" MGS: Revengeance. This game has nothing to do with MGS ><

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

SimCity. I was so hyped for that game. But it turned out to be an advertisement platform...

I can't think of any sequels that really stand out in my gaming history.

I think it's more so game franchises that were killed off over time due to multiple games worsening slightly with each addition.

I've got a copy of Metro Last Light. I really enjoyed the first, here's hoping the sequel will be just as good. If not then I might add it to this list.

*After some thinking:

Red Alert 3 completely destroyed what Red Alert 2 had created imo.

Heroes of might and magic 5 +, Can't remember if 4 was good or not.. I remember playing the first HoM on windows 95

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

For me it's Command & Conquer 4... they removed everything that made the franchise popular...

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

Sim City and Medal of honor 2010. 

counter strike source ><

What's wrong with CS:Source? It being a completely different experience from CS1.6 is not a disappointment. Hitboxes on the other hand were, but they were fixed. It is still a great game and should have its own sequel since CS:GO is pretty much the sequel to CS1.6 and not CS:Source.

~meOw! Σ:3

I have to say Assassin's Creed 3. I just thought Connor wasn't that great as a character, the free-running didn't gel well with the underdeveloped environments, and the ending was crap. 

Bioshock 2 wasn't worth the plastic my copy was made out of.

And my copy was digital.

We should have a "Best Game by EA" thread... :D

~meOw! Σ:3

I love the original Carmageddon. 

"If you are not paying for it, then you ARE NOT the customer. You are the product being sold."

"If you are not learning, then you are forgetting."

Surprised nobody has said Prototype 2 yet. Prototype was amazing, with a decent control scheme and UI. Bear in mind that i played on the PC with an Xbox controller because the PC controls are outright shit. The game had a decent plot and interesting gameplay while not being overwhelming. Then 2 comes along with a completely different control scheme and a less aesthetically appealing ui and overall game design. The plot also feels tacked on. I never finished it because the controls were so radically different and hard to use that I never finished.

Dragon Age II tops my list. I remember saving up money to buy it on release, and it was just a huge let down for me.