Disappointing Sequels

Soul Reaver 2 was soooo bad just hake and slash hake and slash in a long corridor , and no boss fights!

The 1st Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain was the 3rd? in a set of games of Kain, but the 1st to stair Razil the soil 

eater ! With gigantic puzzles and riddles great fighting game play and

BIG boss fights. and with a epic story as well, wow just wow !

and to this day 10 years later I still look at the youtube game play story

Grandia 3, because its console only and the story line is not as epic as Grandia 2.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I think Alundra 2 was my biggest letdown, story and game play was very disappointing. If only it was more like the original.

PC Specs: Case - Antec 900; Mobo - ASRock Z77 Pro3; CPU - Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2 Ghz; GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB; RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz; CPU Cooler - Corsait H100i; HDD - 1TB Western Digital Black; PSU - 550W Antec Power Supply

Settlers III ,
I still have both box and cd, and a manual of
The Settlers 2 Gold Ed.
Thank god I read rewievs and played the demo.

Diablo 3 and Assassin's Creed 3

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Metro last light

not even out

Let's see, without thinking too much about it I would say Oblivion, Skyrim, Diablo 3, SImcity, Mass Effect 3, Resident Evil 4/5/6, all tomb raiders between 4 and the reboot, all Final Fantasy after X (which was just decent, but not a disappointment), the latest Medal of Honor and Prototype 2.

If I have to be picky and also include games that I consider good but disappointing I would say Empire Earth, the latest X-COM, anything after IL-2 Sturmovik (ok, 1946 was pretty good :D), Assassin Creed 3, Black and White 2, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action and many more I can't think of =).

Far Cry 3, I thought they would have learnt their lessons from Far Cry 2 but they didn't and kept a ton of annoying stuff in the game. Gave up after a few hours because it felt like I was playing Far Cry 2 but the guns didn't wear out. Bioshock 2 was pretty bad too, had to stop playing it about 2/3 of the way through. HAWX 2 is pretty bad compared to the first, changed it in a lot of annoying ways whereas the first is a game I can play over and over again on co op.

CPU: i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 | Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3206/2430MHz/1.162V (314.14) | Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP White 1600MHz  | Hard Drive: Samsung 840 120GB + Intel 520 240GB + Samsung F3 1TB | Optical Drive: Samsung DVDRW+ | Power Supply: Corsair HX 620W | Display: Dell U2312HM (1920x1080) | Sound Card: X-FI Xtreme Music | Operating System: Windows 7 Pro (x64)

sim city for me and idk if this counts but riptide was a massive letdown 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Dragon age 2

Red Alert 3

Constructor Mob Wars 

The biggest let down i've had in terms of sequels is by far the Modern warfare franchise, after CoD4 being this fresh new sort of fps multiplayer game that was so much endless fun (although it did have it's fair share of problems) came the enormous amounts of hype for MW2 if anyone remembers, people thought that it would take the original Modern warfare and fancy up the graphics engine, fix the problems in CoD4 and pretty much try to 'perfect' CoD4(which would have been the best game ever). But it didn't, what it actually did was create a buttstuff of problems which were some of the most infuriating things i've had to deal with ever: OMA dangerclose noobtubes, Commando lunge, painkiller, final stand, Snipershotgun and machine pistol secondarys, removed juggernaut giving stoppingpower a massive power imbalance, the carepackage and javelin glitch which they didn't fix for like 4 months, nuke boosting and however many problems i left out. It could have been one of the best games ever so easily imo if IW took the time to just put out a few patches to fix MASSIVE problems which is one of the most frustrating parts... anyway i could ramble forever about the horrors of MW2.

And i'm not even gonna begin on how unplayable the lag compensation and balance issues made MW3...

TL;DR CoD4 and WaW were the best and MW2 and 3 make me want to burn things, things that aren't meant to be burnt... because they're absolute trash and a joke to the series

But other then CoD i'm thinking that the DayZ standalone could be a massive let down, mainly because it's taken so long and i don't think anything can quite capture how interesting, fun and new the elements that DayZ originally brought to the table were, but i'm definitely gonna still pick it up.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 was one of my biggest disappointments.

Red Alert 3, it's still pretty fun but making the game change almost every aspect just ruined it. The plot was so stupid. (IMO)

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

Call of Doody - it's a smelly fish, need I say more?

Far Cry 2 - very stale and monotonous

Diablo3 - auction house just ruined it, seriously

Guitar Hero Aerosmith- the only sequels I liked were 2 and metallica, but seriously, why did aerosmith get its own sequel?

lost planet 2 - I had a lot of fun playing the first one through a couple of times, but the 2nd one? nothing really bad, just nothing really good either, just "meh"

any of the tony hawk skateboard games after pro skater 4 with the exception of project 8 - too much like cod, same game everytime with just new maps, very monotonous

Mortal Kombat 3 and up(except for the latest one)

Ninja Gaiden 2 - after about 5 min of the game, i turned it off and never played it again, controls were absolutely horrible combined with the wonky camera angles.  even on sale for $5, I still felt like I wasted my money

Plenty of other games I thought were bad, just that they were the first in the series and don't qualify for this thread, lol

Rock On!

Far Cry 2. Horrible game.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

For me, definitely Skyrim.

I was really looking forward to it, after seeing the first trailer and playing over 2000 hours of Oblivion. I got the game, installed it, started playing, and it was just sort of 'bleh'. The graphics weren't a great improvement, the glitches were rampant to start with, and the game just felt watered down to a simple click, click, drink potion, click, run away from Mammoth. Oblivion was way better, it had a much more colourful world, funner gameplay, and was better written.

Another one would be Fable III, that game was awful, and ran really slowly until I upgraded, then it still required higher end hardware for pretty much no reason. Fable TLC was just so much better.

My PC (codenamed Genesis) - Corsair Air 540, i5 4690k, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1600MHz, 240GB Samsung 840 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler (not in case), EVGA SuperNova G2 750W PSU, Asus ROG Swift PG2789Q monitor, Logitech G502 mouse, and Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard (brown switches)

for me halo 4 was a big let down, they focused to much on the multiplayer rather than the stronger part of the game that is the story,

and if it could be called a sequel, Swtor the way they transitioned to f2p alienated previous subscribers

RE 5/6

Fable 3

Star wars the force unleashed 2, although the first one wasn't that great this one just ruined it

AC 3

Dragon age 2

Diablo 3

Main Rig: 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, 2x4gb of ram @ 1600mhz, P8Z77-M, GTX 760

Crappy old laptop: Toshiba Tecra A6 PTA61E, 2x512mb of ram @ 533mhz, Intel C2D @ 1.83Ghz

Wow, anything after wotlk. Cataclysm sucked and panda was worse....

Diablo 3 was a letdown. hahaha :( wasted $60 of it and few hundred hours of my life. :(
diablo 2 was much better.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

SOCOM Confrontation/SOCOM 4

Agree with this but also adding socom 3. I absolutely loved 1 and 2 playing them competitively. 

Another game for me would be Age of Empires 3.