Outdoor heat dump ideas?

Rusty Proto

With computers, at least for now, pushing space heater TDPs, and all that heat, by default, being dumped into the room, essentially also acting as a plug in space heater, I am thinking about designing a heat dump loop to water cool a computer and dissipate all the heat outside for my next build. Lowest temps outside will be 0F on an exceptionally frigid day and 110F on a burning hot day. I'm expecting to run insulated soft tube through the wall for this build, and for now, thinking about using automotive antifreeze for the fluid for now. I definitely want a pair of no leak quick connects, akin to hydraulic hoses, which seal on both the intake end as well the discharge end when I disconnect them from the computer. What I am trying to decide on is if I would be better to use a heat exchanger to separate the computer loop from the main heating loop, or if I want to run it all as one big loop. I am also expecting to use a radiator outside that would be overkill with its own fan, though I'm thinking an automotive radiator may be so drastically above and beyond my needs that I'm wondering if I could go cheaper. I am also intending to mount the outdoor radiator roughly horizontal.  Anyone have any ideas on some products to use?

Or you can also just not get space heater components/undervolt and take a couplr % performance hit for DRAMATICALLY lowered power consumption?

I mean a 3090 for example could easily run 100w+ less with 0-3% perf loss.

If this is a gaming pc a 7800x3d is like an 80w system.

You can easily push your system to only be like 300-400w heatload at the most if you make some wise parts decisions , put in an hour of work and still have a high end system.

1 hour ago, Rusty Proto said:

heat exchanger to separate

Always. The outside is dirty keep it away. Also no need to worry about mixed metal oopsies much.

be so drastically above and beyond my needs that I'm wondering if I could go cheaper. I

Cant go much cheaper than a junkyard radiator the price of near free.

I am also intending to mount the outdoor radiator roughly horizontal. 

Why not just vertical? Horizontal seems like more space waste.

Also if you do this build it its own little weather proof AND shadowed little enclosure/roof. Its to make sure stuff doesnt get uv murdered, weather damaged and heated up by the sun

41 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why not just vertical? Horizontal seems like more space waste.

Also if you do this build it its own little weather proof AND shadowed little enclosure/roof. Its to make sure stuff doesnt get uv murdered, weather damaged and heated up by the sun

There's also that i could, in my case, integrate a horizontal rad into my existing building structure, and it remain somewhat hidden and fairly well protected and shaded, vs constructing a new enclosure to shade and protect a new vertical setup that would be in full view. I imagine that automotive rads down't handle being turned horizontal very well.

34 minutes ago, Rusty Proto said:

There's also that i could, in my case, integrate a horizontal rad into my existing building structure, and it remain somewhat hidden and fairly well protected and shaded, vs constructing a new enclosure to shade and protect a new vertical setup that would be in full view. I imagine that automotive rads down't handle being turned horizontal very well.

Ehh its fine really. However what would the specs of this system even be?

May quite simply just be WAY better of an idea to just have the pc in a different room and run a couple of cables.

Defo gonna be like WAY cheaper.

Seems a lot better to get an AC unit for the room. Then your also at a comfortable temperature, and freezing won't be a issue either. 

7 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Seems a lot better to get an AC unit for the room. Then your also at a comfortable temperature, and freezing won't be a issue either. 

Yep.

Somebody on TPU however managed to pull something like what the OP has been pondering off:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/geothermal-cooled-3080-power-limit.295792/

Linus also did something similar as well, originally intending to heat his pool with his computers, and then later converting it to use a PT Cruiser rad for awhile, although the linked TechPowerUp thread used geothermal energy similar to Linus's pool idea.

there build on here about an rad out side. you can buy aluminum rads if your using antifreeze. antireeeze is not as good as water for cooling thow.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links