I have three microchip implants, AMA

2 minutes ago, PacketAuditor said:

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible with some custom hardware

People would wonder why you kiss your door though...😆

That's given me some imagery I didn't want.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

6 minutes ago, PacketAuditor said:

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible with some custom hardware

People would wonder why you kiss your door though...😆

Oh, the world would just need to adapt to meet the needs of this technology. Readers at 6 feet off the ground.

Actually with my height, a vulva piercing would be at just the right level for a reader at door-handle level...

57 minutes ago, da na said:

Oh, the world would just need to adapt to meet the needs of this technology. Readers at 6 feet off the ground.

Actually with my height, a vulva piercing would be at just the right level for a reader at door-handle level...

So THAT'S what Trump is doing.....

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

No questions,

But I've wanted one for a few years

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 hours ago, PacketAuditor said:

AI host + Stock video sallad:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.712779751e84f3c576693b8c7ef2a0f5.png

I'm willing to bet the script was also AI generated. 😆

10 hours ago, PacketAuditor said:

Nothing in this post is medical advice or sponsored content.

Sure it isn't, just ask Amal Graafstra, the founder of the biggest non-medical implant company... 😆
image.png.41666e7f22cb520c2446c5cda6640754.png

image.png.73edebfef17ee8174834ba86fdf18642.png

giphy.gif

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Cool if it works for you tho, same for ppl who are into digital money/payments, crypto or smart... doorlocks? well, apparently that's a thing.

Not into that kind of stuff even if it's good or doesn't connects to the internet, for reference I'm also against fake boobs and other surgeries that aren't life-saving, not a matter of tech. Could be normal to have that kind of body implants in a few decades tho.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

7 hours ago, Erioch said:

Most modern cars won't let you lock the keys in the car

we had a 1960s plymouth that also had that feature , the keys could not be locked in the car ever.

in order to lock the door , the key had to be turned in the outside keyhole thus preventing the key from being in the car when locked. Couldn't even lock the door then close it because the lock would pop up if you tried. Dont know why every car isn't like that , peak mechanical design.

35 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

AI host + Stock video sallad:

Yeah, I did think this video was quite strange lol. I probably would have used some better marketing material but that's just me.

35 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Sure it isn't, just ask Amal Graafstra, the founder of the biggest non-medical implant company... 😆

Not sure what you are saying. The market is quite small. Do you know of another company that moves more volume in the space? To my knowledge they are the world’s largest retailer of chip implants for humans.

Not sure if this was meant to be a "gotcha😆

But using their private sales figures and approximating how much other companies in the space likely sold, they estimate only about 250,000 implanted people worldwide.

Just now, PacketAuditor said:

Not sure what you are saying. The market is quite small. Do you know of another company that moves more volume in the space?

And you know how much volume they move? 😄

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

17 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

And you know how much volume they move? 😄

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but no? I don't have access to their books nor am I affiliated with them at all.

image.png.8dbff3e182c7a00f87dc2e7e752cc1df.png

image.png.493c79552288cb554bf5f4ded4a7921c.png

"The biggest" doesn't mean they sell hundreds of thousands of units per month. It just means exactly what I said, they are the biggest non-medical implant retailer. Again, not sure what you are trying to prove lol. I have been in the space for quite a while and have no doubt they are the biggest player in the space by a long shot.

It is interesting to hear your experience with this tech. 

I think most people including myself would prefer a smart watch or ring with similar functionality except for the "never gets lost" part. Also the need to have multiple microchip implants definitely seems less than ideal.

Would a smartwatch that requires fingerprint authentication be just as secure? 

4 hours ago, PacketAuditor said:

People take that risk willingly with piercings all the time, or unwillingly when they get a cut.

Yeah, this seems pretty tame compared to a lot of body modifications.  That rabbit hole is not for the squeamish.

17 hours ago, PacketAuditor said:

The UIDs and keys can all be updated! And if EMV gets approved, any payment cards will be tokenized much like Google/Apple pay, and are objectively better than a traditional card with just static data.

Neat, then it's mostly my phobia for needles that's getting in the way of me getting one 😂

17 hours ago, PacketAuditor said:

Haha, there actually are some people who install magnets in their tragus, the little flap in front of the ear. While they can't hear the radio you can hear power supplies, chargers, power stations, etc.

Personally I like fingertip sensing magnets and think they're a little more useful.

That sounds awful, I can already hear most powersupplies coil whine along with tinnitus 💀

Got pretty close to doing the small magnet in my finger some years back but the primary source of the magnets was ebay and I wasn't old enough to drink so I'd have absolutely nothing decent for painkillers 😂

Might look into it again, in a not potato and scalpel in a shed way this time

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 hours ago, TheLANguy said:

It is interesting to hear your experience with this tech. 

I think most people including myself would prefer a smart watch or ring with similar functionality except for the "never gets lost" part. Also the need to have multiple microchip implants definitely seems less than ideal.

Would a smartwatch that requires fingerprint authentication be just as secure? 

In theory I could do all of the applications I've mentioned so far with just the Apex Flex. But yes, ideally one implant I agree. For me it's not a huge deal as I am quite enthused by this stuff anyway lol.

And yes, I think that would effectively be just as secure, just not quite as convenient. I guess in theory someone could scan your watch and use your finger while you're sleeping, a PIN might be more secure technically, or both.

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Neat, then it's mostly my phobia for needles that's getting in the way of me getting one 😂

Haha yeah, it's intimidating. But the first time I got stabbed by the 3mm injector for the glass tag form factor, I was pleasantly surprised, it only felt like someone pinched me and held an ice cube on my hand for a few seconds.

And there are a lot of different chips and implants, some with changeable UID, some without. The fancy Javacard ones get even more complex. So just DYOR. 🙂

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Might look into it again, in a not potato and scalpel in a shed way this time

If you are serious about a magnet I will say there are only two that I feel comfortable recommending. The glass encapsulated injectable DT xG3v2 (better for lifting but can still sense, not ideal for fingertip placement), and the titanium encapsulated DT Titan (better for sensing but can still lift, ideal for fintertip placement). Sadly the Titan is out of stock currently and awaiting a new production run. There are some other ones available, but they are coated with silicone or parylene which is not ideal, they will experience coating failure, whether it takes 5 or 40 years.

I have a Titan in a bottle I am waiting for my installer to source some lidocaine before I shove it in my finger.

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b319cab3a007b487c273231288ac1d.jpeg

1. Do you know the whereabouts of John Conor?

2.Have you seen minority report?

Seriously though, I would never advocate for this. I see tech fail everyday. I see credentials get compromised often. 

In the end, it's your choice. Thanks for sharing.

I personally love the concept of this tech. Would not be of use for me right now though. The only use i would get from it would be NFC payments and possibly biometric electronics access.

To the ones who worry about the possible security issues:

nothing is ever totally secure

Banks, credit card companies, hell even grocery stores have access to more of your information than your willing to consider putting in yourself. How many financial and health care institutions have been compromised just in the last 5 years.

Sure tech compromising/hacking capabilities advance sometimes faster than the protections, but how many people dont use computers/electronics because of it? Or even bother to change their passwords when compromised. Sure there are some...

Ooops...anyhow i thinks its some cool stuff.

Out of curiosity what sort of costs are associated with these things?

On 3/28/2024 at 2:25 PM, StarsMars said:

1. Do you know the whereabouts of John Conor?

2.Have you seen minority report?

Seriously though, I would never advocate for this. I see tech fail everyday. I see credentials get compromised often. 

In the end, it's your choice. Thanks for sharing.

1.  Who?

2. Yes

Luckily my credentials are literally never exposed to the NFC interface 🙂

And even if they were somehow compromised, I can just change them, something you cant say for biometrics...

On 3/29/2024 at 6:29 PM, Jmz_P said:

Banks, credit card companies, hell even grocery stores have access to more of your information than your willing to consider putting in yourself. How many financial and health care institutions have been compromised just in the last 5 years.

I am not sure what you are getting at with this. No data stored on an implant is static data like a credit card, it can be changed.

Sure tech compromising/hacking capabilities advance sometimes faster than the protections, but how many people dont use computers/electronics because of it? Or even bother to change their passwords when compromised. Sure there are some...

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

Out of curiosity what sort of costs are associated with these things?

The devices range from ~$50-350 and installation is usually ~$25-200 per device. All depends on the form factor and capabilities.

I am actually getting a bit more difficult installation this afternoon which is a sensing magnet in my fingertip, it will cost me $250 for installation.

• 2 weeks later...

so at the end of the day is there ANY reason at all for people to actually get these other than they are desperate to get people to pay attention to them? any actual, practical, real reason that isn't just "hey look at me!"? based on all the posts that seems to be the sole reason.

1 hour ago, itchie said:

so at the end of the day is there ANY reason at all for people to actually get these other than they are desperate to get people to pay attention to them? any actual, practical, real reason that isn't just "hey look at me!"? based on all the posts that seems to be the sole reason.

Do you feel that way about all body modifications?

On 3/20/2024 at 8:37 AM, PacketAuditor said:

I use these as my house and car keys. I only carry a phone with me, no wallet or keys. I also use these to login to my computer. They can also be easily used on some models of safes, and many devices can be retrofit to support these with a simple relay.

Sounds like they are working for you. However, I don't see them as a solution to any problem I have. Carrying a wallet and keys is such a non-issue, spending time and resources to solve that problem seems unnecessary to me.

-kp

On 3/29/2024 at 10:29 PM, Jmz_P said:

To the ones who worry about the possible security issues:

Yeah but if my CC gets compromised, or even my phone or PC to a point the tech is dangerous to use, I don't need minor surgery to fix it.

As for the magnet in the fingers, knowing how annoying it can be for things to grab onto the LTT screwdrivers that I wasn't intending, not sure I'd be happy with this happening with my finger.  I mean how do you a build a PC without it nipping your finger all the time?  Even if the magnet distance makes it weak, I've handled enough magnets to think it may not be a great idea having another strong magnetic force acting on the one embedded in your body.  I'd had my fingers stuck between two magnets ripped from a HDD before.  Not to mention the problems if you urgently need an MRI for some reason.

I want to remind everyone that microchip implants is something that NO ONE should be comfortable with nor should be considered. We don't need this to become a trend and catch on. 

Big NOPE from me. I have more thaughts on this, but if I share them I might get banned for hurting people's feelings.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

36 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

I want to remind everyone that microchip implants is something that NO ONE should be comfortable with nor should be considered.

Why?

36 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

I have more thaughts on this, but if I share them I might get banned for hurting people's feelings.

Coward.  Put up or shut up.

18 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Why?

You don't see the security risk.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches