How to block robolox in my router

My little bro keeps on playing only roblox beside me building him a good new pc enough to play AAA games in 60 fps in 1080p. I understand that his friends only play roblox. But he refuses to atleast try online fps games or story games and even refues to install steam. So i want him to stop playing that stupid game for like 2 weeks how do i block the website and app in my router's URL filtering thing. I did but it aint working. I do t want to use open dns

No need to be an elitist about gaming. Everyone can just play what they think is fun.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Go outside and touch grass, nerd.

46 minutes ago, Mukundkannan said:

My little bro keeps on playing only roblox beside me building him a good new pc enough to play AAA games in 60 fps in 1080p. I understand that his friends only play roblox. But he refuses to atleast try online fps games or story games and even refues to install steam. So i want him to stop playing that stupid game for like 2 weeks how do i block the website and app in my router's URL filtering thing. I did but it aint working. I do t want to use open dns

Make sure to talk to them and explain other options! If he isn't causing any harm to himself (or the wallet) then I do not see the big deal.

However if you need to, and have the authority to make decisions for your brother, please edit the Windows host file to block the website locally on the computer instead of messing up the router.

1 hour ago, Mukundkannan said:

I understand that his friends only play roblox.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when he out grows Roblox it will be another game like Fortnite. My son has a very nice PC, and it was Roblox, then Fortnite. It's because that's what's all the kids play and all his friends play. They all get in the games and hang out. 

There are multiple servers you have to block for Roblox. I have a list, as I've done it when my son was grounded. However, I would rethink your plan, as all you will do is isolate them from their friends, make them resent you, and the games you try and make them play. 

Your brother will try other games as he gets older, you will just have to wait it out if he doesn't want to try them now. 

maybe he makes moeny on it? 🤷‍♂️ but ya you can play for free and with friends 🤷‍♂️

reminds me of good times me playing with my friends on quake 2 and using 2 lan lines and my mom and sister yelling at me to get off... 👍 as one was for 56k and other was on the phone with friend good times... 

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

[ Moved to Networking ]

If he wants to play Roblox, and he's not spending all of the family's money on DLC and in-game currency or getting roped in by nefarious individuals, then let him play Roblox. It's probably what all his friends are playing.

Policing what your little brother does isn't your job. That's your parents' job. If they don't see a problem with him playing Roblox, and they're not going to block it, then we're not going to tell you how to ruin his fun.

Besides, blocking it will only backfire on you. He'll resent you for taking his favorite game away and shut down any suggestions from you even harder.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Somehow multiple different users suddenly try to stop their kids from playing roblox for no reason other than "wanting him to play other games". Somehow I have a feeling it's the same person asking the same question multiple times, even though the answers are always the same: Let him play the games he wants to play and don't force your own favourite games or hobbies onto your kids.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

You know I had another thought, have you tried playing Roblox with him? Perhaps a way to bond with him. He may end up wanting to play your games to as well with you, at least if you don't force it on him. Either way it's a chance to spend time together? 

• 2 weeks later...

Did they ask for a PC? You sound oppressive if you are the only one allowed to make choices, and bully if you would go around and deny them something. Are you their legal guardian? Are you the one paying for the internet? Those two are the only questions which determine if you have right to do anything here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/14/2024 at 11:24 AM, Mukundkannan said:

he refuses to atleast try online fps games or story games and even refues to install steam.

Based kid.

Online FPS and steam are cesspools.

Now as for the question, block the IP addresses, domains and CDN related to it, not the website. You can't "block the app" but you can prevent it from connecting. What's your router? this is obvious but prevent physical access to it, kids know they can reset the config by inserting a toothpick through a hole in the back.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.