EA ban reason not provided

Hello everyone,

i would like to share an experience i had with EA hoping I'm not the only one.

I never used EA much, the only reason why i interacted with it was because of Xbox game pass

Out of nothing in August 2023 i recive an email saying that my whole account was banned permanently, no reason given. 

So, i appealed. They reversed the ban instantly. And i kept going on with my life, not using EA much anyway.

In September of the same year, still out of nothing, still with no reason given, they ban me again. 

I appealed and they did not unban me, and i understand that i may have done something wrong or against ToS. But guys... what exactly?

I don't cheat, insult, hack or whatever, i don't use their services more than trying Battlefield.

I made many appeals to that ban, not to be unbanned, but every time, i was asking to know the reason why I'm banned.

I recently even contacted the EA Answer HQ to have a response but again i had no reply on what i was asking for.

So, months after i have no idea why i can't use their services anymore, they don't want to read the messages i send.

Am i asking for something stupid? Is it ok to ban without giving a reason? I don't know... maybe I'm wrong.

Basically out of luck. EA's gone haywire with their banning, at points seeming it like a bot does the banning. If they don't respond to you at the first support email, you're basically out of luck.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

What exactly do you mean by "banned" ?
You mean you're banned from using EA services at all ? Like you can't use the store or play your other games?

Or banned only from Battlefield?

Are you actually banned or suspended?

In any case, there's nothing we can do. LTT forum members are not affiliated with EA (obviously). But if you're banned, it means they found something that you did to be bad. Cut your losses and move on to a better game. Preferably outside of EA's trash platform.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-locked-or-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Why did my account get banned or suspended?

We’ll ban, suspend, or sanction accounts when we see any inappropriate content or evidence of cheating. We’ll also take action against any account that posts vulgar, threatening, or harassing content in any EA game or on any EA website.

Cheating includes but isn’t limited to:

• using third-party software, such as aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats to gain an unfair advantage over other players
  • performing in-game exploits or abusing glitches or bugs
  • stat padding (abusing game features in an unintended manner to artificially stack on scores)
  • win-trading or otherwise manipulating in-game ranking systems with the collaboration of others
  • using software or cheat tools that disconnect other players from the EA servers.

To avoid your account being banned or suspended, always follow the complete rules of conduct in EA’s User Agreement.

• A ban is when we remove your access to a game, part of a game, or your EA Account for an extended period of time. We'll normally ban your EA Account due to repeated or extreme violations of our Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct. Account bans are typically permanent.

Spoiler

6. Rules of Conduct

ⓘ We want you to have a good time playing our games. So we expect you, like all players, to respect EA, our employees and representatives as well as your fellow players. This means, for example, obey the law, don’t cheat, don’t be offensive, don’t hack our software, don’t spam or bot, don’t lie to EA or our players. Those are the highlights. Read the full list of what not to do in the Rules of Conduct.

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Violate any law, rule or regulation.
  • Interfere with or disrupt any EA Service or any server or network used to support or provide an EA Service, including any hacking or cracking into an EA Service.
  • Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an EA Service or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
  • Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
  • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player or any EA employee or representative that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated. We won't tolerate any unwanted conduct against any EA employee and representative because of their affiliation with EA in EA Services or anywhere else.
  • Contribute UGC or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
  • Publish, post, upload or distribute UGC or content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute.
  • Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
  • Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
  • Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an EA employee or representative.
  • Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.
  • Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
  • Make use of any payment methods or refund systems to access, purchase or refund EA Services for fraudulent purposes, or without permission of the authorized owner, or otherwise concerning a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.
  • Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access EA Services for any purpose such as scraping data, abuse EA Services, account creation, or copying material.
  • Modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
  • Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools (such as "auto", "macro", hack or cheat software), or use exploits, bugs or problems in an EA Service to gain unfair advantage.
  • Engage or assist in cheating or other anticompetitive behavior (such as boosting, collusion, and match or matchmaking manipulation).
  • Use or distribute counterfeit software or EA Content, including EA Virtual Currency.
  • Attempt to use an EA Service on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by EA, or otherwise intentionally obfuscate your network connection or location or other metadata to gain access to an EA Service, make purchases, or otherwise access an EA Service.
  • Sell, buy, share, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third-party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.
  • Use an EA Service in a country in which EA is prohibited from offering such services under applicable export control laws.
  • If an EA Service requires you to create a "username" or a "persona" to represent yourself in-game and online, you should not use your real name and may not use a username or persona that is used by someone else or that EA determines is vulgar or offensive or violates someone else's rights.
  • Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an EA Service.
  • Use information about users publicly available in any EA Service (e.g. on a leaderboard) for any purpose unrelated to the Service, including to attempt to identify such users in the real world.
  • Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.

ⓘ To enforce these rules, we may monitor your activity and remove any UGC. If you don’t follow these rules, we may warn you, suspend you, ban you permanently or place other restrictions on your EA Account, games, or related services.

If you or someone using your EA Account violates these rules and fails to remedy this violation after a warning, EA may take action against you, including revoking access to certain or all EA Services, Content or Entitlements, or terminating your EA Account as described in Section 8. In case of severe violations, EA may take these actions without issuing a prior warning. Some examples of severe violations include, but are not limited to: promoting, encouraging or engaging in hacking, selling EA accounts or entitlements (including virtual currencies and items) without EA’s permission, extreme harassment, or threatening illegal activities. When practical, EA will notify you of the action it will take in response to violations of these rules or breach of this Agreement.

Specific EA Services may post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.

If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to EA using the "Help" or "Report Abuse" functions in the relevant EA Service, if available, or contact Customer Support at help.ea.com.

EA may, in its discretion, monitor or record online activity or Content on EA Services and may remove any Content from any EA Service at its discretion. Remember that your communications and your UGC in an EA Service are public and will be seen by others.

Your use of EA Services is subject to EA's Privacy and Cookie Policy at privacy.ea.com, which is incorporated by reference into this Agreement.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What exactly do you mean by "banned" ?
You mean you're banned from using EA services at all ? Like you can't use the store or play your other games?

Or banned only from Battlefield?

Are you actually banned or suspended?

In any case, there's nothing we can do. LTT forum members are not affiliated with EA (obviously). But if you're banned, it means they found something that you did to be bad. Cut your losses and move on to a better game. Preferably outside of EA's trash platform.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-locked-or-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Reveal hidden contents

Whole account banned and this is how it looks in the EA help page:

And yeah, i know nothing can be done, i just wanted to share it.

image.thumb.png.a391ca206216f8acc4465eb370bab05c.png

Edited by TriangleWasTaken

8 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Basically out of luck. EA's gone haywire with their banning, at points seeming it like a bot does the banning. If they don't respond to you at the first support email, you're basically out of luck.

How can a company like EA manage it that bad? 

25 minutes ago, TriangleWasTaken said:

Its EA its been on a streak of being voted worst company 😛

I have gotten banned 7 times? I think in the last 5 years. I havent played any ea game for like 3 years yet still got banned multiple times after.

Every single time it seemed to be weird access to my account from outside so they thought instead of lock just ban.

Literally haveny bought an ea game since titanfall 2 last thing I played was that game and that was it.

You probably got flagged for subscription fee evasion or something like a lot of users that had ea access through gamepass. Happened to me too. I cancelled my gamepass because free trail ran out but appearantly that doesnt stop ea acess. So I was seen as charge back payment evasion.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I have gotten banned 7 times? I think in the last 5 years. I havent played any ea game for like 3 years yet still got banned multiple times after.

Every single time it seemed to be weird access to my account from outside so they thought instead of lock just ban.

Literally haveny bought an ea game since titanfall 2 last thing I played was that game and that was it.

You probably got flagged for subscription fee evasion or something like a lot of users that had ea access through gamepass. Happened to me too. I cancelled my gamepass because free trail ran out but appearantly that doesnt stop ea acess. So I was seen as charge back payment evasion.

Im relived to see that somebody else is in a similar situation but omg EA wake up XD

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

its hp then ea then windys...🤔 i liked windys vlaue menu... oh well...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

that's a thing? I've had two gamepass trials and have used EA access with it, and never got banned for it... I wonder if it's platform dependant. I was exclusively on PC. No console. Did everything through the xbox app.

Ah but then again, I also went and cancelled my trial before it ended. Maybe that's a possibility. Like if you don't stop the trial, you get enrolled in the full thing. But if you don't have a linked credit card, it might not work, which sends your account in the payment evasion ?

All speculation on how bad EA can be.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TriangleWasTaken said:

Gotta ensure minimal running costs with maximum profit for the investors

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Ah but then again, I also went and cancelled my trial before it ended. Maybe that's a possibility. Like if you don't stop the trial, you get enrolled in the full thing. But if you don't have a linked credit card, it might not work, which sends your account in the payment evasion ?

All speculation on how bad EA can be.

Dont have a working card on it and cancelled the day before.

Some people have it some don't. Its pretty random.