What's Microsoft's/Window's modern day equivalent to Apple's free macOS creative apps like iMovie & GarageBand?

What's Microsoft's/Window's modern day equivalent to Apple's free* macOS creative apps like iMovie & GarageBand? For example, from my understanding, software like Windows Movie Maker is no longer a thing in Windows 11? My sister recently switched from macOS to Windows and is looking for a free and easy-to-learn iMovie-replacement.

(*Yes I know they're technically not free since you're paying for them with the Apple tax for hardware and services).

Imove and garage band?

well Imovie Not sure, but there are plenty of movie maker software that is free. One is Hitflim Express, they made a movie with it. There is in fact still windows movie maker still out there it still runs on windows 10 and logically might run on windows 11, you'd just need to find a copy of it on the web. MajorGeeks is a safe site to download software from.  Openshot is another free video editing software as well. Reddit usually is a good place to find additional resources.

as for garage band.... MPC beats and Cakewalk by BandLab is free DAW tools for making music and stuff like that. Though a little more complicated compared to garage band. https://onlinesequencer.net/ 

Online Sequencers is a online site to create music for free. Though limited but it can provide something.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

35 minutes ago, creat0r said:

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

5 minutes ago, SImoHayha said:

There is in fact still windows movie maker still out there it still runs on windows 10 and logically might run on windows 11, you'd just need to find a copy of it on the web. MajorGeeks is a safe site to download software from.

It runs on Windows 11. You could also use the new Clipchamp thing.

image.thumb.png.20359130c1ca1afe6eb634c64398cbf3.png

5 minutes ago, SImoHayha said:

snip

So, there isn't one. Got it. OP asked for a Microsoft/Windows equivalent to those apps. Microsoft does not ship a DAW or video editing tool. You have to get alternatives from 3rd party devs. Microsoft also does not include an offline office suite. Windows is very much a "pay up or shut up" OS for most consumers. You just bought or built your brand new PC and you can't do any work with it out of the box. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

So, there isn't one. Got it. OP asked for a Microsoft/Windows equivalent to those apps. Microsoft does not ship a DAW or video editing tool. You have to get alternatives from 3rd party devs. Microsoft also does not include an offline office suite. Windows is very much a "pay up or shut up" OS for most consumers. You just bought or built your brand new PC and you can't do any work with it out of the box. 

I understand he asked for "Microsoft/Windows " software but in reality windows allows you to install any software you want/require.  And since you're using Windows, you can just find the software you want/require in this case I listed some software he can use because he's using windows. Simple as that.

there's a movie maker type thing built into the video app on windows 10, i presume it's there on windows 11 as well..; but i havent used it in ages so i'm a bit rusty on the details.

i do know i delete "clipchamp" every time i do a windows 10 install 😛

I think Clipchamp is the closest you get when it comes to programs made by Microsoft.

As of more capable, maybe too capable alternatives from other companies, there is the free version of Davinci resolve.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking