Why 4k TV is useless for humain

First of all, humain eye can only see 76/38/25 PPI(pixel per inch) at 1/2/3m.

Here, we'll compare UHD(3840x2160) vs. FHD(1920x1080)

On a 55" tv:

the spatial resolution for a FHD is 40PPI and for the UHD is 80PPI

So, we can see a difference at 1 meter, at 2 or 3 meter, both will look same.

On a 65" tv:

the spatial resolution for a FHD is 33PPI and for the UHD is 67PPI

So, at 1 meter we can see a great difference. At 2 meter, only a little difference

Now we'll see wich tv size we need (for humain eye) to have the perfect spatial density (25PPI) at 3 meter.
With my magical formula, my result was 353" for 8k, 176" for UHD and 88" for FHD

ps: i'm french

Is the OP a console gamer trying to defend 720p?

Resolution is just a number.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Is the OP a console gamer trying to defend 720p?

Resolution is just a number.

His french 

First of all, humain eye can only see 76/38/25 PPI(pixel per inch) at 1/2/3m.

Here, we'll compare UHD(3840x2160) vs. FHD(1920x1080)

On a 55" tv:

the spatial resolution for a FHD is 40PPI and for the UHD is 80PPI

So, we can see a difference at 1 meter, at 2 or 3 meter, both will look same.

On a 65" tv:

the spatial resolution for a FHD is 33PPI and for the UHD is 67PPI

So, at 1 meter we can see a great difference. At 2 meter, only a little difference

Now we'll see wich tv size we need (for humain eye) to have the perfect spatial density (25PPI) at 3 meter.

With my magical formula, my result was 353" for 8k, 176" for UHD and 88" for FHD

ps: i'm french

People will believe this because it has numbers in it to make it look complicated as you glance through it.

Its complete shit.

If 4k was useless why does it look better than our 'current' HD screens?

Also, the entire point of getting higher PPI screens is that you DONT see the pixels. Youre kind of missing the point of 4k.

People will believe this because it has numbers in it to make it look complicated as you glance through it.

Its complete shit.

Because we're lying, it's a placebo effect.

You've obviously never beheld 4K.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Its complete shit.

Also, the entire point of getting higher PPI screens is that you DONT see the pixels. Youre kind of missing the point of 4k.

you want my formula?

1.use the pythagore formula for calculate the number of diagonal pixel

2. divide the diagonal pixel by the size of your tv

you'll have PPI

why FHD oled TV look better than 4k?

I've seen a 4k tv and I can tell the difference. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

you want my formula?

1.use the pythagore formula for calculate the number of diagonal pixel

2. divide the diagonal pixel by the size of your tv

you'll have PPI

Yes I know how do calculate PPI.

What about the rest of my post?

Like there hasn't been a hundred of these threads before. Have you ever seen anything in 4k compared to 1080p? I doubt it otherwise you would know the difference unless your eyesight sucks.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I have see 3 TV in 4k, all look great.

I have compare 1 4k and 1 FHD side by side with the same movie in blu ray. 4k look better

my eyes have 20/20

not a single part of that article says that the Human PPI is ___, as it never even mentions it. Your post is total BS.

check the graph.

"Résolution à partir de laquelle un œil humain moyen ne voit plus de différence, en points par pouce (dpi)"

reslution until average humain eye cant see the difference, in dot per inch

I have compare 1 4k and 1 FHD side by side with the same movie in blu ray. 4k look better

my eyes have 20/20

I can't trust someone who spells "human" as "humain"

my eyes have 20/20

Then why are you saying that there's no point. The image quality is obviously superior so is this whole thread just to get your post count up or something?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I can't trust someone who spells "human" as "humain"

sorry, humain in french, human in english xD

Then why are you saying that there's no point. The image quality is obviously superior so is this whole thread just to get your post count up or something?

simply because the 4k have a better panel. bluray didnt exist in 4k, only FHD

so both TV play a movie in FHD resolution and the 4k look better because he have better material

not a single part of that article says that the Human PPI is ___, as it never even mentions it. Your post is total BS.

It's in there 

0bc30bc743.png

It refers to dpi, not ppi, do not confuse these 2. dpi is dots per inch, a measurement for print quality, you can't really compare these.

Just strange that the English Wikipedia doesn't have this part. Also, in the French article, there is no single reference to a reliable any source, so someone could just have put that in.

Just strange that the English Wikipedia doesn't have this part. Also, in the French article, there is no single reference to a reliable source, so someone could just have put that in.

that's what I was about to reply with lol

i do agree 4K for TVs is "better than useless" but not by much,

but for computer screens when used for productivity and gaming needs is very useful.

i noticed this when going from 1080p to 2560x1440p there is so much more that you can see and the pixel is so much smaller. 

the OP is missing the point. but 4k TVs dose deliver much better clarity and sharpness when compared to 1080p. that is a fact.

My point was, don't buy a TV at 3000$ because it's a 4k tv.

I'm not completely stupid, I know 4k is better compare to FHD tv. but for the same price, i'm pretty sure we can find a better FHD tv.

dont forget to read this:

http://www.cnet.com/news/why-4k-tvs-are-stupid/

ps: i'm not a troll acount