What kind of performance should I expect on my pc?

DoubtingCastle

So, I can't really find benchmarks of my pc specs with current games so I do not know if my performance is normal for my system. In Overwatch on Ultra settings (not epic, which is the highest preset) I range from 240-330fps depending on whats happening in game, most of the time I am around 280 - 300 fps. In the new warzone I get around 130-140 with most of the settings turned on high but its very hard to get stable frames in that because its so poorly optimized. In Fortnite I get around 200-300 frames on Dx12 and with everything turned on low expect view distance which is set to epic. These are mostly the games I am playing right now and just want to make sure this seems right.

Pc specs:
Ryzen 9 5900x
rx 6750 xt
Asus thor 850 w 80+plat
2x8 gb ddr4 3600mhz (will be upgrading to 32gb)
asus b550 f gaming

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

seems fine , if your screen isn't a higher freshrate than those games then it wouldnt really matter anyway so you should be good to go.

bro
Deja vu. Even if the screen refresh rate is lower then the FPS provided by the GPU, the higher the fps, the lower the latency overall still. 
the refresh rate of the screen just tells you how often you get a new frame, not how far in the past that frame is. 

Anyways, in terms of OP, None of those frame rates seem significantly out of line with what is expected.

25 minutes ago, starsmine said:

bro

I'm not a bro

26 minutes ago, starsmine said:

f the screen refresh rate is lower then the FPS provided by the GPU, the higher the fps, the lower the latency overall still. 

I don't consider that small of a tolerance to be of significance compared to an actual low framerate problem

You should be getting top tier performance.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

1 hour ago, RoseLuck462 said:

You should be getting top tier performance.

What does that even mean.

10 minutes ago, DoubtingCastle said:

Getting 250-300 fps is

Do you really think you'll notice any difference if it would be 400 ? 😛 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, DoubtingCastle said:

It means it’s more than good enough, no need to upgrade 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

6 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Getting 250-300 fps is

Do you really think you'll notice any difference if it would be 400 ? 😛 

Most people can’t even tell the difference between 60 and 80.

38 minutes ago, Milesqqw2 said:

I’m just saying I want to make sure the system is running as it should, I do not plan to upgrade.

decent 1080p performance on most game medium to max settings depending on the game. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 12/23/2023 at 9:35 PM, DoubtingCastle said:

I’m just saying I want to make sure the system is running as it should, I do not plan to upgrade.

Do you have any reason to suspect your computer isn't performing as it should? If not, then don't worry about it.

Don't be the type of person I talked about in this post: 

On 6/15/2023 at 10:59 PM, LAwLz said:

There should be a word for a "computer hardware hypochondriac". A person that constantly monitors their temperatures, frames per second, RAM usage and so on, and then right away start troubleshooting if they notice something that MIGHT be out of line.

For example start trying to replace the thermal paste if they think their temps are slightly higher than they should be, or they check their laptop's or phone's battery health every week to keep track of it.

People who look for and try and diagnose things they wouldn't even have noticed unless they specifically looked for issues.

If everything seems to be working fine, then chances are everything most likely works fine. If you're getting like 300 FPS then I don't even see why you would be questioning your performance numbers.

First of all, if you are getting those kinds of numbers then clearly everything is fine. Computers generally don't "partially work" like a car can do. If you had some issues with some component then you wouldn't be getting those numbers, or you would experience things like crashes. 

Second of all, even if computers could be in a state where you might only be getting partial performance out of it (let's say things are thermally throttling) then why does it matter if you are already getting 300 FPS? Even if there was an issue (which it doesn't seem to be), you don't even have to fix it because you are already getting ridiculously high-performance numbers.

Stop worrying about your PC and enjoy the games instead.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:55 AM, Milesqqw2 said:

Most people can't see 60. I consider 30 fps to be great. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

You won't even be able to run Solitaire at 30 FPS with a setup like that.

/s

It's fine, don't worry about it. 😉

I sold my soul for ProSupport.