I was given a vision of the future...

Actually it was just a very vivid dream and the "End Times" are near. But, its more like an end to war, poverty, hunger, etc. Not the end of the world 'apocalypse', 'Jesus is coming back' type thing.

Anyway my dream was Freaking AMAZING!!! So here's how it went down. I was sitting at the table with my mom & dad, and none other than captain Kathryn Janeway herself (Kate Mulgrew) stopped by and wanted to give us a tour of Hawaii. I know, seems odd, but stick with me.

So we get into her SUV and she says 'its just a brief ferry ride to Hawaii, it won't take long'. As we're driving to the ferry port, I look up and notice..EARTH. Yeah, We were living on the friggin moon! But the surroundings looked like we were on Earth, Cities, skyscrapers, simulated oceans, etc. As we were in traffic, we ended up passing completely through a statue in the middle of the road. When I asked about it, Kate said "That was called Ghosting". Apparently, there was technology available to allow cars to 'phase' and pass through other objects without harming any passengers, which meant an end to severe & fatal car accidents.

When we get to the ferry, I told everyone that I had to go pee. It took about two minutes to get to the restroom and pee, and by the time I was done, someone came in looking for me telling me that we had arrived on Earth. We get to our final destination shortly afterwards, and it was tech heaven. This is what I saw & understood...

1. Everything I was being shown was a glimpse of what was to come 100 years from now. It was essentially Utopia. No War, No Hunger, No Poverty, No Pollution, No disease, No intolerance or indifference.

2. All windows are made of a special glass that turn them into computers. Any type of media can be displayed on this glass via a bluetooth-like wristband that contained unlimited amounts of data. The glass can also display anything that is going on in the solar system in real time. If an individual wants to have privacy, the media can be transferred to a tablet device.

3. Not only was Social Networking a thing, but it was an essential part of life. Imagine what we do online now, but expanded much further. Everything was connected to your social media account. I was ecstatic to post a message to twitter about all that I had seen. Which is probably why I'm posting this dream on here. LOL

4. Gaming still existed, in the form of consoles. Now before you get all mad & upset, people built their own consoles to their own specs like we do PCs. There were no massed produced consoles and there was nothing exclusive... every game was playable on the DIY console.

5. All vehicles ran on a networked power source. No matter the size or type of the vehicle, they all had the same horsepower, Top speed, torque, etc. No idea on what the fuel for this came from or how it was made, but I do know that it was a renewable energy source.

Anyway, That was the dream I had..as vivid, kooky, weird, and spectacular as it was. Not sure why I posted this, maybe I just had to write it down somewhere so I could remember it.

I invite your thoughts on this.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

At first I was like "aw man. Jehovahs witnesses are infecting the forum" but then I read it. The no war no hunger etc. thing might not be true. Too many corrupt governments will still exist. I can't even remember what i read now...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

How much Doctor Who did you watch yesterday?

YOYDXEY.gif

did you really expect us to read all of that? try 4chan

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

what?

no cylons ?

no Captain  star buck ?

that future sucks

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

YOu know what?... I'll have what he's having.... :mellow:

Details separate people.

And that's why an utopia is an utopia...

The only way we could live in perfection is if we all had infinite value and knew that.Then people wouldn't try to be better than others because infinite is infinite,there's nothing more than infinite.And if we knew we were of infinite value,then we wouldn't need technology to make our lives better.We'd just live in the nature.

I've had some dreams about the future too,but they were usually referring to the next day or something happening in that week.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Lol.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

4. Gaming still existed, in the form of consoles. Now before you get all mad & upset, people built their own consoles to their own specs like we do PCs. There were no massed produced consoles and there was nothing exclusive... every game was playable on the DIY console.

1289.jpg?new=1

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Unfortunately, I do not get BBC America where I live... so no Dr. Who.

Gaming/Editing PC: AMD FX-8350 | CM Seidon 120V Liquid Cooler | Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600| Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE | PNY XLR8 240GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Corsair 600W ATX Semi-Modular PSU | Thermaltake Chaser A71 | LG 25UM64-S 25.0" 2560 x 1080 Display | CM Storm Devastator Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

Unfortunately, I do not get BBC America where I live... so no Dr. Who.

Netflix has Doctor Who.

lol_5.jpg

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Netflix has Doctor Who.

True.

I know the future. In 100 years each and every one of you will see blackness because you're dead.

The rest of the world will most likely stay the same corrupt shithole, but with advanced tech for more efficient ways of blowing each other up.

ae792c01aa7f0ae3bbd9c413bbfe77f1.png

I know the future. In 100 years each and every one of you will see blackness because you're dead.

The rest of the world will most likely stay the same corrupt shithole, but with advanced tech for more efficient ways of blowing each other up.

Well we kinda already can blow someone up efficient enough that we are afraid to do that.

Although predicting what the future will be would look really silly in 100 years, just look at what people thought 2000 would be like in 1900. (the ideas were right, but the implication... heavens)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

2. All windows are made of a special glass that turn them into computers. Any type of media can be displayed on this glass via a bluetooth-like wristband that contained unlimited amounts of data. The glass can also display anything that is going on in the solar system in real time. If an individual wants to have privacy, the media can be transferred to a tablet device.

This can actually be done by coating the surface with the recently discovered material graphene (one atom thick graphit). It's stronger than diamond, 200x stronger than steel, practically completely clear to see through and conducts heat and electricity better than copper. Coating glass or plastic in that material will make it possible for us to make screens (that are thin and bendable if so desired) virtually everywhere and make really slim and light computers. Using it in batteries will also greatly reduce recharge times because it conducts electricity so extremely efficiently. Furthermore, we can use it to make our planes and other vehicles lighter and stronger. Only problem: it's hard to mass produce right now but it'll come.

And that's why an utopia is an utopia...

The only way we could live in perfection is if we all had infinite value and knew that.Then people wouldn't try to be better than others because infinite is infinite,there's nothing more than infinite.And if we knew we were of infinite value,then we wouldn't need technology to make our lives better.We'd just live in the nature.

I've had some dreams about the future too,but they were usually referring to the next day or something happening in that week.

Energy is a huge source to conflict and a lot of research is looking into using fusion to create energy in vast fusion plants. The process is difficult to stabilize and currently takes up more energy than it produces, but once the technology is mature it should be able to produce clean and cheap energy in a (as far as I understand) self-sustainable process.

I have an idea that the medical development will be able to keep people alive and healthy for far longer. In a 100 years I'll be 120 and that's perhaps too much to expect but I like to think that if I get old and sick 

they can "fix me". I don't know.

A lot of diplomatic work is going on to further unite the world. Progress is slow but watch what has happened in the western world in the last 100 years - now go back 200 years.

Pfft.. The fact that you think the world will last another 100 years is admirable....

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Pfft.. The fact that you think the world will last another 100 years is admirable....

The fact that when you die, your opinion will no longer matter, just as it didn't now.

Includes me and others here.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

The fact that when you die, your opinion will no longer matter, just as it didn't now.

urgh.. I can't wait for my 27 inch monitor and new glasses to arrive.. I can barely read that minimal text  -_-

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

urgh.. I can't wait for my 27 inch monitor and new glasses to arrive.. I can barely read that minimal text  -_-

;)

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

I believe it was Churchill who said, "Do something worth writing or write something worth reading." There are a lot of dead people whose opinions influence us today. ;)

I believe it was Churchill who said, "Do something worth writing or write something worth reading." There are a lot of dead people whose opinions influence us today. ;)

Yeah look where that got us...

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Guys when Im gona go sleep today I wana have an awesome, wacky dream. Do you know how to achieve one?(im actually kinda serious how do i make it so i dream of something awesome)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Guys when Im gona go sleep today I wana have an awesome, wacky dream. Do you know how to achieve one?(im actually kinda serious how do i make it so i dream of something awesome)

There are ways to make yourself have a lucid dream (a dream where you know that you're dreaming) but I'm not sure how to achieve this. Good thing Google exists.