It's coming, finally. GTA 6 trailer date before GTA 6 trailer

filpo
14 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

Yes but with the money and resources the GTA V and Online has afforded Take 2 and Rockstar you'd have though their play testing department would be mighty.  Not just a few of the Devs gathered around a Dominos and a bottle of Pepsi

With such complex games, there is no amount of playtesting that can account for all the stuff people will try and do with the game later. Hell, they can test a mission and looks fine for the intended path, but player can do something just a bit differently and it'll break things. Such obvious example was in Borderlands 3 where you're suppose to follow some NPC's to a loction right after mission starts. But if you don't and you decide to wander around and later follow them up to the marked location, the mission is broken and you can't even continue with the game. Play testers will just account the mission from start to finish and observe how things work. It didn't cross anyone's mind that people might wander off with intend to finish it later. Good mission designer should account for that in an open world exploration game, but still, there's tons of stuff that can go wrong. GTA is no exception. You have a massive world with tons of events and missions, you just can't account for everything.

Another problem is that playtesters, even if doing tsting in systematic way, may not approach it in same way as players who then find the bugs on release. We're talking small bugs that can and will happen, not big bugs where game is in perpetual state of being just broken as whole, like Redfall was on release with things just randomly glitching all over the place. That's not something that was overlooked, that was just there and no one tested it or they did and decided it's fine. It was just a horrible decision for a "halo" product that Microsoft hyped for the Xbox. Imagine if Gran Turismo which has always been a halo game for PlayStation was in such horrid state...

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

With such complex games, there is no amount of playtesting that can account for all the stuff people will try and do with the game later. Hell, they can test a mission and looks fine for the intended path, but player can do something just a bit differently and it'll break things. Such obvious example was in Borderlands 3 where you're suppose to follow some NPC's to a loction right after mission starts. But if you don't and you decide to wander around and later follow them up to the marked location, the mission is broken and you can't even continue with the game. Play testers will just account the mission from start to finish and observe how things work. It didn't cross anyone's mind that people might wander off with intend to finish it later. Good mission designer should account for that in an open world exploration game, but still, there's tons of stuff that can go wrong. GTA is no exception. You have a massive world with tons of events and missions, you just can't account for everything.

Another problem is that playtesters, even if doing tsting in systematic way, may not approach it in same way as players who then find the bugs on release. We're talking small bugs that can and will happen, not big bugs where game is in perpetual state of being just broken as whole, like Redfall was on release with things just randomly glitching all over the place. That's not something that was overlooked, that was just there and no one tested it or they did and decided it's fine. It was just a horrible decision for a "halo" product that Microsoft hyped for the Xbox. Imagine if Gran Turismo which has always been a halo game for PlayStation was in such horrid state...

The stuff you bring up is valid but I mean broken as in you load up the game, try to play, and it just crashes for no apparent reason. Had this happen with Resident Evil 6, ended up giving up on the game and have sworn off Capcom games. OR if it's an online game the servers just have strokes. 

Furthermore, some of us dont have the extra data to download some of these games to just turn around and have to download 300 gigs worth of updates. 

To an extent I think there are better off releasing games as "Early Access" and working from there. Because if I see Early Access, I expect there to be issues. I also can make the choice on if I want to purchase said title in that state. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

It's going to be interesting to watch this all play out. This is most likely the most expensive game ever made (and second might not be even close, unless we're talking the entire lifecycle of WoW or something), but does it really exist to be GTA6 or Online 2? The risk is that if it's really two games in one (and not handled very carefully), it'll ruin both aspects from design conflict. Though with the amount of money they've invested into this, it's entirely possible to just make two games on the same map from within the same engine.

It's going to be wild that this game might not be profitable until nearly the 10 million unit mark. Sure, it's GTA and it'll go beyond that by a lot, but it'll be interesting to see it all play out. I don't think it can go badly enough to actually hurt their net profitability, but there's weird scenarios where they basically kill a cash cow of Online. We do exist in an era of extremely dumb decision making with billions of dollars, so, while it is unlikely, stranger things happen.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The stuff you bring up is valid but I mean broken as in you load up the game, try to play, and it just crashes for no apparent reason. Had this happen with Resident Evil 6, ended up giving up on the game and have sworn off Capcom games. OR if it's an online game the servers just have strokes. 

Furthermore, some of us dont have the extra data to download some of these games to just turn around and have to download 300 gigs worth of updates. 

To an extent I think there are better off releasing games as "Early Access" and working from there. Because if I see Early Access, I expect there to be issues. I also can make the choice on if I want to purchase said title in that state. 

Killing Floor 2 for example was released as Early Access and I jumped on it because I was Killing Floor 1 fan and I didn't quite expect Early Access game to be so polished. I've played it since day 1 of Early Access and never had any bugs with it at all. It was quite surprising actually because I expected issues and there just weren't any. Maybe small glitches, but nothing obvious.

Just now, RejZoR said:

Killing Floor 2 for example was released as Early Access and I jumped on it because I was Killing Floor 1 fan and I didn't quite expect Early Access game to be so polished. I've played it since day 1 of Early Access and never had any bugs with it at all. It was quite surprising actually because I expected issues and there just weren't any. Maybe small glitches, but nothing obvious.

KF2 is defiantly a great game, have many hours in it. Baldur's Gate 3 was another one released in early access that turned out good. My friend had 400 ish hours in it during early access, now has close to 900 hours. But thats my point, they could just release the game as early access and let those people who want the game now test it instead of releasing it to the masses and it being super broke. 

24 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

but does it really exist to be GTA6 or Online 2?

This is key. Rockstar would be insane from a financial standpoint not to prioritize online 2 because of the sheer amount of money that GTA online is making them. 

Just look at how activision prioritizes Warzone over "core" CoD multiplayer and I would expect Rockstar to do the same resources wise. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

This is key. Rockstar would be insane from a financial standpoint not to prioritize online 2 because of the sheer amount of money that GTA online is making them. 

Just look at how activision prioritizes Warzone over "core" CoD multiplayer and I would expect Rockstar to do the same resources wise. 

But on the other hand, some much time and money has been spent by users on the current online, are they going to make people start from scratch? Or will they just add in the ability to fly to a different city if you own both games? 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

But on the other hand, some much time and money has been spent by users on the current online, are they going to make people start from scratch? Or will they just add in the ability to fly to a different city if you own both games? 

Answer is yes. Also yes. The amount of virtual s**t people buy is so insane that everyone is building games around this, not games that are great in its core and happen to have that as extra. Which is just sad.

I bought cosmetics before, but for different reasons. In Killing Floor 2 on Steam market because they looked cool and cost up to max 3€. Usually 1€ or even less. That's somewhat reasonable. I've also paid around 30€ for Natural Selection 2 supporter pack which gave me unique skins and I think extra icons next to name to show I'm a supporter. I did this because the game went into community maintained operation and I really liked and played the game a lot back then so I supported it this way. I still don't regret it even though I haven't played it for years now.

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

They will expect people to start from scratch. I doubt they can link the two games, GTA V is just too old now. Can you imagine flying 10 years, and two console generations, back in time, once you have played the new game?

Trying to shift its online audience over could go wrong. It will almost certainly be releasing with less content than its predecessor has now. Red Dead Online didn't work out, Rockstar's last online offering. I would be surprised if it flopped, but given how game releases (BG3 aside) have gone recently, not that surprised.

My big hope is that we still get a proper single player GTA VI, and not just a short little token story, with all the effort put into online.   

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

They will expect people to start from scratch

My friend invested a considerable amount of time in to GTA online and if he had to start over he would just say fuck GTA. Plus looking at what happened with GTA 5, it will be like 2 years before it hits PC.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

My big hope is that we still get a proper single player GTA VI, and not just a short little token story, with all the effort put into online.   

Online is where they make money. They will do the same with GTA 6. They will try to sell the shit out of shark cards.

I think the mess Red Dead Online became, with what? Four??? different currencies? Proves that GTA Online was an unrepeatable fluke.  Just like how From Software never really captured the magic of Dark Souls 1 PVP again in the later games

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

48 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

I think the mess Red Dead Online became, with what? Four??? different currencies? Proves that GTA Online was an unrepeatable fluke.  Just like how From Software never really captured the magic of Dark Souls 1 PVP again in the later games

I don't think GTA online is an unrepeatable fluke. GTA is one of, if not the biggest, IP in gaming.

However, the scope for them to blow it is huge. If they get too greedy, too early, before the audience is locked in, they've blown it. If the game is an unfinished, buggy mess at launch, they've blown it.  And judging by recent gaming executives decision-making...

21 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

I don't think GTA online is an unrepeatable fluke. GTA is one of, if not the biggest, IP in gaming.

However, the scope for them to blow it is huge. If they get too greedy, too early, before the audience is locked in, they've blown it. If the game is an unfinished, buggy mess at launch, they've blown it.  And judging by recent gaming executives decision-making...

Not to mention over half the exec dev team have walked away from Rockstar at this point.  Sure, They'd have had quite a bit of input in this title.  But what about future titles?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

On 11/8/2023 at 9:15 PM, WereCat said:

Lets hope it's better than GTA remasters

The remasters were pretty good. The price wasn't justified tho.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, TetraSky said:

I fully expect this to be a trailer for a game that will release in 2025 or further away. It seems to be the trend these days. Showing trailers for a game that won't come out for more than a year.

Those are rookie numbers.

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012, had it's first teaser trailer in 2013 and was released in 2020 in an unofficial beta-like state. Only in 2023 it was patched to the point where people generally call it "fixed". So i wouldn't hold my breath. That's 11 years between the announcement and the finished game.

But alas, you can't make people happy. They're enraged when the game has a broken release in a year. Just like they're enraged if the only half-broken game comes out in 3 years.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

54 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The remasters were pretty good.

Eventually

• 3 weeks later...

OMG looks like Rockstar released the trailer earlier than planned. They set a YouTube premiere for tomorrow afternoon but it got released

just minutes ago. Well done Rockstar!

Spoiler alert: It's coming in 2025.

4 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

OMG looks like Rockstar released the trailer earlier than planned. They set a YouTube premiere for tomorrow afternoon but it got released

So based on GTA 5, 2025 is likely consoles and the PC version will be 2027. Hopefully they are not that stupid but you never know.

11 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

So based on GTA 5, 2025 is likely consoles and the PC version will be 2027. Hopefully they are not that stupid but you never know.

My guess would be 2026 but let's hope they'll surprise us with a shorter timeframe. But anyway it's not a deal breaker for me considering that we'll be playing it for another 12 years or so. It just gives you more time to save for your Titan RTX and even make kids to play the game with. 

On 11/12/2023 at 1:24 AM, Donut417 said:

Online is where they make money. They will do the same with GTA 6. They will try to sell the shit out of shark cards.

GTA 6 Online will be way more predatory on a level we've never seen before. Take2 is right now nr 1 scum on the earth, big enough for me to avoid GTA 6 as I'll never pay for it, until it's given away for free on Epic Games store, if it'll survive survive that long. Was the reason I've still avoided RDR2. Vote with your wallets. We'll see how long I hold out, at least for offline GTA.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

13 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

2025 was disappointing.  Early 2024 release date would have been peak hype.

I think it will launch on PC/PS5/XBOX on day one, because PC is a bigger platform and more similar to consoles architecture. 

13 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

FFS, now we gonna have to listen to hyped people theorizing for 2 years about a game that they don't know what the actual game will be like.

(Yes, I'm predicting it will be near the end of 2025 atleast, either by design, or by numerous delays) 😛

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

FFS, now we gonna have to listen to hyped people theorizing for 2 years about a game that they don't know what the actual game will be like.

(Yes, I'm predicting it will be near the end of 2025 atleast, either by design, or by numerous delays) 😛

GTA 6 won't be delayed. Take2 and Rockstar have enough prestige of a gaming company to work for that they'll easily crunch out 100 hour work weeks from their employees. 

And the hype speculation won't help either. Sure for Cyberpunk the False advertising was an issue but people expecting a GTA 4 game, GTA 5 competitor but better from unchecked speculation made the fallout way worse cause all the sudden a normal scope was no longer enough.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

26 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

2025 was disappointing.  Early 2024 release date would have been peak hype.

I think it will launch on PC/PS5/XBOX on day one, because PC is a bigger platform and more similar to consoles architecture. 

It's not coming to PC on day one. The launch date is only for consoles with no mention of a PC release.

12 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

It's not coming to PC on day one. The launch date is only for consoles with no mention of a PC release.

https://www.take2games.com/ir/news/rockstar-games-announces-grand-theft-auto-vi-coming-2025
source

just because they announced consoles doesn't mean anything about PC, as often there are agreements with the console makers to get the PR.  Only time will tell, you may be correct, but you may also be speculating.