How do I know does my motherboard supports USB-C?

So Im planning to get a new build, which consists of a 12400f and a MSI Pro H610M-E. The case Im buying has an USB-C port on the front panel. But I don't know does the motherboard supports it? Anyone can give me guidance or answers?

USB-C is just the type of physical connector the case has.

You need to look at how that port is connected to the motherboard, i.e. which type of internal plug the case has. Then have a look at the motherboard's internal USB headers, check if they're compatible. Check the motherboard's detailed specs: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-H610M-E-DDR4/Specification

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

It does not. The header used for case usb-c headers are usually called usb 3.2 headers and you'll usually find those on B660 and higher end chipsets. PCPartPicker has a filter for that: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#S=2,4&sort=price&s=40

It looks like this:

main-qimg-6cb9ed8ce601f0020d0d102f672590

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Read the manual

Intel Core i9 10920x CPU; ASUS ROG Strix x299-E Gaming II Motherboard; 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz Quad Channel Kit; EVGA RTX 2070 Gaming 8 GB; 2 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 SSD; 1 TB WD Blue SATA SSD; 2x 6 TB HGST DeskStar NAS Hard Drives; Corsair Hydro H150i RGB PRO XT All In One Cooler; Corsair RM1000i 1000 Watt PSU; Corsair Commander Pro Lighting & Fan control; 4x Corsair HD120 RGB 120 mm fans - Intake ; Lian Li 011-Dynamic Razer Edition cube case, Windows 11 Pro 23H2

Most of the time on PC Part Picker it will tell you what IO the board you picked supports. When you've picked one (I assume you have already) scroll all the way down the page, and you will be greeted by compatibility charts for your CPU, GPU, PSU, etc. (including IO)

2 hours ago, Soap0807 said:

then is it possible to have a converter to convert the usb A header to usb C?

Yeah, it's possible, it's just that the Type C port will be slower than it should be.