How to disable FEMA alert on Pixel 6 Pro

Lurking

Is there a way to disable that useless alert that seemingly everyone in the US got today? That feature is grayed out and enabled on my phone (see screenshot).

It went off in the office for everyone except one guy with an iPhone. So there must be a way 

And yes, I muted that alert immediately without even reading it. I just read it now hours later in notification history while trying to disable it. As I suspected correctly, it was totally useless.

Screenshot_20231004-203344.png

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

It says "can't be turned off" right there next to the switch.

Maybe there's some way to do it if the phone's rooted, but honestly how many nationwide EAS alerts are you expecting?

4 minutes ago, Lurking said:

As I suspected correctly, it was totally useless.

It was a test

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Lurking said:

everyone except one guy with an iPhone. So there must be a way 

Airplane mode. That guy probably just didn't have service for one reason or another. 

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

honestly how many nationwide EAS alerts are you expecting?

The last one I got was 4 years ago, so I'd say once every 4 years is enough to not care about. 

11 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It says "can't be turned off" right there next to the switch.

Maybe there's some way to do it if the phone's rooted, but honestly how many nationwide EAS alerts are you expecting?

It was a test

They may get the idea to do what they do on radio stations where they force their alerts frequently over regular programs. Usually just one old person who got lost. 

Recently my podcast app also started with some government messages about child labor and notifying police.... 

I just don't want my life being intruded by. It was quite loud. What if I'm driving and suddenly hit the brake or do something else because I think something happened around the car?

I know what is written there. But I'm sure whoever made my phone can do it. There may be a secret way 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Airplane mode. That guy probably just didn't have service for one reason or another. 

The last one I got was 4 years ago, so I'd say once every 4 years is enough to not care about. 

dont need service it will go off anyway.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

How? Is there some other communication besides WiFi or cell/data? 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Lurking said:

How? Is there some other communication besides WiFi or cell/data? 

yes there always a backdoor... in china they can turn on your tv.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Haha, this is some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever seen. If you hit the brakes in a panic because of a sound like that, and can't differentiate it from a sound outside the car, you shouldn't be driving.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

55 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

I had my phone on airplane mode as it went out as we were preparing to taxi out of the gate for my flight this afternoon and it indeed did mute the notification, but probably 75% of the planes phones went off from it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I had my phone on airplane mode as it went out as we were preparing to taxi out of the gate for my flight this afternoon and it indeed did mute the notification, but probably 75% of the planes phones went off from it. 

so is that because people dont put it in plane mode? or some mute it well some dont?

i use a phone as an mp3 player with no sim and i had one go off something about some one missing..

there many thing we dont no about your phones like getting your gf data by putting your sim in an old phone... 🤷‍♂️

On 10/5/2023 at 1:30 PM, dizmo said:

Haha, this is some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever seen. If you hit the brakes in a panic because of a sound like that, and can't differentiate it from a sound outside the car, you shouldn't be driving.

It's like honking and you pay attention to. Or while driving you try to look at the phone and mute the darn thing and during that second you could miss something important. Maybe 20 million people driving right at that moment. You don't think at least a few will at least twitch? Especially on a fast Interstate and every single driver potentially making a sudden move or at least being distracted at the same second 

If they want to alert people on their phones, we should be able to opt out. That's what the toggle is for. Just needs to be enabled. I don't need to know when it rains or there is wind. I probably will see that.

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

no way to test without testing. I work nights so the alert woke me up... as its supposed to if there is an emergency worthy of using the system for. Sucks when its just a test but better than nothing when its real, just ask hawaii how that goes...

On 10/5/2023 at 2:13 PM, Lurking said:

It's like honking and you pay attention to. Or while driving you try to look at the phone and mute the darn thing and during that second you could miss something important. Maybe 20 million people driving right at that moment. You don't think at least a few will at least twitch? Especially on a fast Interstate and every single driver potentially making a sudden move or at least being distracted at the same second 

If they want to alert people on their phones, we should be able to opt out. That's what the toggle is for. Just needs to be enabled. I don't need to know when it rains or there is wind. I probably will see that.

not saying it cant scary you or cant be used for something "els" like in china keeping people from leaving...

has not happen as far as i no. but for places that live in danger it can save lives...

something like north creeya saying like every week there going to attack now that would not be fun...

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

not saying it cant scary you or cant be used for something "els" like in china keeping people from leaving...

has not happen as far as i no. but for places that live in danger it can save lives...

something like north creeya saying like every week there going to attack now that would not be fun...

I'm not even sure what danger it is for. If there is a flood, you had the rain hours or days before. If hurricane, you have days or at least hours before it reaches you. Forrest fire you also know hours or days before. Nuclear missiles? What are you gonna do about then? And it still would be some bureaucrat or politician deciding when to warn and what to command to do. Will that advice really save lives? The warning will come too late, give the wrong advice or just be a false alarm. And if for some reason the alarm is timely and correct (doubtful), no one will believe it anyway and just go on. 

Or some people will panic and get in danger that way. People in a stadium will trample over each other in a panic stampede because there is a fire 50 miles away. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Lurking said:

I'm not even sure what danger it is for. If there is a flood, you had the rain hours or days before. If hurricane, you have days or at least hours before it reaches you. Forrest fire you also know hours or days before. Nuclear missiles? What are you gonna do about then? And it still would be some bureaucrat or politician deciding when to warn and what to command to do. Will that advice really save lives? The warning will come too late, give the wrong advice or just be a false alarm. And if for some reason the alarm is timely and correct (doubtful), no one will believe it anyway and just go on. 

Or some people will panic and get in danger that way. People in a stadium will trample over each other in a panic stampede because there is a fire 50 miles away. 

i watch alot of youtube and there alot of proof that they dont turn on say wind sirinos to proven panic. the point of them...

wind often the level is dumed down. even thow there damage there still and acceptable loss. (dont no why people live in florda...🤷‍♂️) i guess it would be cheap to liver there?

anyway its about all im going to say about it. can you hack the phone maybe... can you do it probly not. i no ifixit was kinda there thing and place that do hack phones. i had my phone hacked to use another carryer but it didn't work... 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i watch alot of youtube and there alot of proof that they dont turn on say wind sirinos to proven panic. the point of them...

wind often the level is dumed down. even thow there damage there still and acceptable loss. (dont no why people live in florda...🤷‍♂️) i guess it would be cheap to liver there?

anyway its about all im going to say about it. can you hack the phone maybe... can you do it probly not. i no ifixit was kinda there thing and place that do hack phones. i had my phone hacked to use another carryer but it didn't work... 🤷‍♂️

You probably are right. No one will take them serious. At my work we have a fire alarm every few weeks (often some construction dust causing it) and no one is in any hurry to go out. Managers have to go around and pull people away from finishing their email 🙂

Most natural catastrophes you know way before impact  Earthquakes may be sudden. But you would notice those anyway. For active shooter that system likely is too wide (should alarm only in that building it happens). Asteroid and nukes you can't do anything about. 

And the 2 times it was used in Hawaii was fake, and/or useless. 

I'm not doing a traditional hack or new OS. I was hoping there is a secret developer option where you punch in "*1267&&" to disable it.

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

so is that because people dont put it in plane mode? or some mute it well some dont?

i use a phone as an mp3 player with no sim and i had one go off something about some one missing..

there many thing we dont no about your phones like getting your gf data by putting your sim in an old phone... 🤷‍♂️

It's because it wasn't in airplane mode. Even if you turn all data off it still talks to home base. Wife had her wifi and cell data off on hers but not airplane mode and it went off on hers. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, Lurking said:

You probably are right. No one will take them serious. At my work we have a fire alarm every few weeks (often some construction dust causing it) and no one is in any hurry to go out. Managers have to go around and pull people away from finishing their email 🙂

Most natural catastrophes you know way before impact  Earthquakes may be sudden. But you would notice those anyway. For active shooter that system likely is too wide (should alarm only in that building it happens). Asteroid and nukes you can't do anything about. 

And the 2 times it was used in Hawaii was fake, and/or useless. 

I'm not doing a traditional hack or new OS. I was hoping there is a secret developer option where you punch in "*1267&&" to disable it.

ya i lived in an apartment were my fire alarm would go off from boiling water... i would disable it and the lan lord now and then would do a checkup and give me a letur of why it was disabled... but shes was one of thows that complained when people didn't use the coine washermashean... when down the road you get a full size for probably the same amount...

and accused me of braking in to it to take the moeny because i was not a doctor who made good moeny...🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, Lurking said:

Is there a way to disable that useless alert that seemingly everyone in the US got today?

No, it's permanently enabled by Federal law and cannot be removed or turned off.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER