LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

ย 

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

Even though I didn't make it into the event, it was a reasonably productive run.

Folding time period: 10.5 days

WUs: 354 454

Team rank at start: 1,772

Team rank now: 904

Current overall ranking: 9,907

ย 

I'm happy to be in the Team top 1,000 ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by ObeliskAG
Fixing my bad math

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 (30-40-40-96), Aorus RTX3080 TI Xtreme, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, ASUS XG-C100C, Corsair RM850x, Corsair H115i Pro RGB w/ 2,000 rpm ML fans, Fractal Design Meshify S2, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD 24" 4K

ย 

3 minutes ago, ObeliskAG said:

Even though I didn't make it into the event, it was a reasonably productive run.

Folding time period: 10.5 days

WUs: 354

Team rank at start: 1,772

Team rank now: 904

Current overall ranking: 9,907

ย 

I'm happy to be in the Team top 1,000 ๐Ÿ™‚

Same, since I started 8 days ago:

WUs: 157

Looking forward to officially participating next year

I've still got 3 WUs wrapping up, but here's what I've got. Not bad for a first time, I hope?

ย 

Days: 35

WUs: 669 (nice)

Team rank: 1,022

ย 

(This is on four RTX 3060s spread across two Dell R7910s drawing about 850 watts combined.)

ย 

Nothing left to do now but wait for the final numbers. (And the power bill...) The suspense is killing me!

ย 

image.png.dc357a5ea8333c3d78d2882d3bcd6521.png

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Its gotten really quiet, I can actually hear what I'm watching on the TV again.

ย 

Cursed 2080 blower card, I wasn't going to use it for that very reason but then I got all competitive.

ย 

And now anxiously watching to see if the 5950X still locks up at idle, as that was the rest of the background noise.

Router:ย  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

12 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Cursed 2080 blower card, I wasn't going to use it for that very reason but then I got all competitive.

I have another RTX2080 blower that would like some company. So if you don`t need it anymore, i can add it to my sanctuary for old GPUs.

I'm happy with my results, I have a 10700KF with an RTX 2080, my second pc is an i7 8700 with an GTX 1070ti.

Then I also have my server running with 2x E5 2640 v4, GTX 1080, and a GTX 1060 6GB.

Made aboutย  204,086,999 for the event.ย 

If the price of power was not tripled during certain hours of the day I would have more lol.

16 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Its gotten really quiet, I can actually hear what I'm watching on the TV again.

ย 

ย 

And now anxiously watching to see if the 5950X still locks up at idle, as that was the rest of the background noise.

I think my problem was I couldn't hear what was on the TV and could not hear the fans on my laptop before the competition, so I see no problem folding 24/7 (if I did not have work and other stuff to do)

Thank you everyone, I had a blast. Really close to 25m so my PC is gonna fold just a bit longer then takes a well deserved break. ๐Ÿ™‚
o7 It was an honour to fold with you!!

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! ๐Ÿค 

tbh if i folded 24/7 i would have been much higher up.

but i was folding 12 hours a day.

just due to Florida weather and a 1960s house

MSI x399 sli plusย  |ย AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHzย | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 minute ago, dogwitch said:

tbh if i folded 24/7 i would have been much higher up.

but i was folding 12 hours a day.

just due to Florida weather and a 1960s house

I fold 24/7 and will continue to do so for the coming months due to Berlin weather and a 1900s house.

ย 

It was really fun and thank you to all of you, i had a blast. I am really looking forward to next year!

This was fun. What a luck that i bought almost a new system just 2 weeks before the event(13700k, 4090). It was a great test to see if everything is stable 0-24 for a month. Also good to see that the cablemod 12HPWR cable didnt burned down my house lol. I'll join the next event for sure. See you guys there!

ย 

Bidoof,ย that it's already been 5 weeks since the event began and even longer since the planning began, is surreal. That was fun.

not in the least because Imma finally getย muh veteran badge.ย I was aiming for the silver as well, but thenย google.

ย 

Now the curtains fallโ€ฆ and the various actors get into altercations over the prize. /jk

"The most important step a man can take. Itโ€™s not the first one, is it?
Itโ€™s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar."
โ€“Chapter 118, Oathbringer, Stormlight Archive #3 by Brandon Sanderson

ย 

ย 

Older stuff:

Spoiler

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

ย 

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

ย 

I only folded on my RX 5700 XT, but I will be back next year and maybe I will have a better GPU then, can only wait and see.

ย 

I didn't do 24/7, still don't live on my own and had an exam week in the event. (Plus wanted to game some).

But I managed:

23,2 million points

167 WUs

ย 

Based on day 34 I am above rank 250, good enough for what I have.

ย 

I will get a new folding month badge tho, that is nice ๐Ÿ™‚ (nowhere close to point badge)

โ€œRemember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.ย 
It matters that you don't just give up.โ€

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

I fold 24/7 and will continue to do so for the coming months due to Berlin weather and a 1900s house.

ย 

It was really fun and thank you to all of you, i had a blast. I am really looking forward to next year!

near 100 humid and 70 to 80s weather.. that was at night time to.

MSI x399 sli plusย  |ย AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHzย | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

9 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And that's a wrap ladles and gentlespoons

ย 

Sorry for the delay in this, I got stoned and started listening to Lo-Fi and lost track of time. That is, we are over, yes there is a mix up with the end date so a show of goodwill we are reducing the min days requirement down to 19, so no one misses out due to my mistakeย 

ย 

Thank you all for everything you've done this year, honestly I am truly humbled at the great number of people who joined us for this event. Wanting to help others with no direct reward to themselves is a most noble pursuit and one worth celebrating. So have a beer, a smoke, or hell have what may be your first real gaming session in 5 weeks tonight, because you have done yourselves proud.ย 

You dropped this, King! ๐Ÿ‘‘ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ

Thanks of course to the entire Team behind FoldingMonth!

ย 

I had a blast and so did my 7900XT and 2060KO with a combined 190m+ points. I will still continue on full throttle until Christmas to help beat Curecoin ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gbย G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVOย - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA -ย Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Proย - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550Wย -ย Fractal Design R5 -ย 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) -ย 6x4TB WD Redย (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf -ย 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

ย 

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 -ย O2 Amp/DAC Comboย -ย 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

ย 

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Usefulย Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear //ย PSU Tier Listย 

That really was a fun event! My first folding experience for ltt. Did strong in the beginning and then slowly fell behind haha. But for last 24 hours I got every piece of hardware I could get my hands on to fold. I wonder how many places I made up in that time. Anything above rank 140 for the event would be awesome. Thanks all!

5 hours ago, Schnoz said:

I...uh...am not dumping nearly 4kW of heat into my un-air-conditioned place this summer lol.

just move your stuff to a datacenter, can confirm it definitely helps cooling the house!

-Phoenix-ย  -VouwFabriek-ย -SolidNAS-ย 

BlackMacย Woody Clack Virtualityย Lil'Ladย Plot-Deviceย Boerderij

all your proteins are belong to us.

10 minutes ago, Gree6 said:

First Folding went well. Pretty hot in here now.
see yas in the next event o7

see ja in the summer sprint, be ready to get toasted in that one ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

-Phoenix-ย  -VouwFabriek-ย -SolidNAS-ย 

BlackMacย Woody Clack Virtualityย Lil'Ladย Plot-Deviceย Boerderij

all your proteins are belong to us.

Alright now I can say it's been awesome folding with yall! Can't wait for summer, I wont miss sign up this time ๐Ÿ˜…

My Folding Stats

ย 

Current Rigs

Raspberry Pi 5 8GB, Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero...I like Pi

Fractal North,ASRock Riptide B550, Ryzen 7 5700X, 6700XT with custom CPU/GPU loop.

ย