LTX 2024 WILL HAPPEN!

Mooistheroo

I would love to see LTX continue, and I think that the 3-5 year route is the best option for that, if it was going to happen, make it a big gig once every few years, blow the budget and the lid off the whole thing, yes, it's a big event to host, but it is also a cornerstone of the community that they have built, one which obeviously people care deeply about. Including Linus himself.

I have never gone to LTX, and likely never will, since the finances dont make sense for me, but I would love to at least have the option of going, instead of it becoming just another thing I wanted to go and do, but never got to do in time.

I write software, ride motorcycles, and contradict myself. The last statement was a lie. Developer behind The WAN Database.

I wish I didn’t live across the U.S. I have school and can’t afford a plane ticket to Vancouver. 

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

7 minutes ago, EllieCat said:

I wish I didn’t live across the U.S. I have school and can’t afford a plane ticket to Vancouver. 

there are low cost ways to travel.  I took a bus from Toronto to Texas and it was a lot cheaper than a plane ticket.

23 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

there are low cost ways to travel.  I took a bus from Toronto to Texas and it was a lot cheaper than a plane ticket.

I’m under 18 and can’t travel.

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

On 10/4/2023 at 2:31 AM, SansVarnic said:

Honestly this would be the best route as planning these things unless you do it as a full time gig is a very taxing thing to do.

Didn't they hire a full time events coordinator exactly for that reason?

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2023 at 6:12 PM, EllieCat said:

Not just a plane ticket. Ive heard the enhanced license program is being discontinued, meaning you would also need a passport. Those are $100+. Not to mention the state department has a back log on them, so wait times are a lot longer.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not just a plane ticket. Ive heard the enhanced license program is being discontinued, meaning you would also need a passport. Those are $100+. Not to mention the state department has a back log on them, so wait times are a lot longer.

do you guys not keep up on your passports?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, Failure 101 said:

Many of us dont have one. I dont. Because Im poor, the only country I can afford to go to is probably Canada but up til now all you needed was an Enhanced license. Before when I was a kid all you needed was your birth certificate to cross the boarder.

6 hours ago, Failure 101 said:

It's a thing in the U.S.  Not many people here have them.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, Donut417 said:

I can’t go to get a passport because it expired…8 years ago. Plus I can’t afford it. Because I am a teenager.

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

Just now, EllieCat said:

Plus I can’t afford it. Because I am a teenager.

Many places will hire at 15 years old. Just saying. Ive been working since I was 15.

22 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Many places will hire at 15 years old. Just saying. Ive been working since I was 15.

No I’m 13

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

On 10/3/2023 at 6:31 PM, SansVarnic said:

I can see LTX becoming more of a every 3 to 5 year thing. Honestly this would be the best route as planning these things unless you do it as a full time gig is a very taxing thing to do. More time between LTX's would give the team more time to plan and prepare then a year. Way better.

I was going to say let's NOT do a yearly event. Would probably cost Linus too much money (& headache) to do it over & over. LTX would easily burn out quickly, and we don't want that to happen like some other famous expos we've heard about on the internet... image.jpeg.0881a136bdfe82503bb6abc13a63ccf6.jpeg

🔧 Project: DIVINITY 🔧

[Parts List Updated]

⚙️ Currently on a mission: Full-time 12-hour shifts ⚙️

🕒 Patience is a virtue! Your response is in the works. 🕒

11 hours ago, ReidOnly said:

I was going to say let's NOT do a yearly event. Would probably cost Linus too much money (& headache) to do it over & over. LTX would easily burn out quickly, and we don't want that to happen like some other famous expos we've heard about on the internet... image.jpeg.0881a136bdfe82503bb6abc13a63ccf6.jpeg

Soo your agreeing with me then...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Soo your agreeing with me then...

Yup, clicked the wrong message to quote from, lol! Running on fumes of sleep over here 😅

🔧 Project: DIVINITY 🔧

[Parts List Updated]

⚙️ Currently on a mission: Full-time 12-hour shifts ⚙️

🕒 Patience is a virtue! Your response is in the works. 🕒

On 11/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, EllieCat said:

I can’t go to get a passport because it expired…8 years ago. Plus I can’t afford it. Because I am a teenager.

do your parents buy it? also, isnt it kinda required to even live in the us?

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

10 minutes ago, djksm said:

Dont need a passport to go state to state. Back in the day all you needed was a birth certificate to enter Canada and after 9/11 they changed that to at least an enhanced drivers license / state ID (Land crossing only, not via Plane).

14 hours ago, djksm said:

It's pretty common for a lot of Americans to have expired passports. Plenty of people just never travel outside of US. My 30yr old friends are taking an international cruise and they renewed their passports for the very first time.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

14 hours ago, djksm said:

Why would it be required?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

45 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

It's pretty common for a lot of Americans to have expired passports. Plenty of people just never travel outside of US. My 30yr old friends are taking an international cruise and they renewed their passports for the very first time.

Naw man. A lot of Americans don’t have a passport at all. In the 35 years I’ve been on Earth I have never needed one, so I’ve never even applied for one. My sister is the only one in my family that has one and that’s due to her job. 

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Dont need a passport to go state to state. Back in the day all you needed was a birth certificate to enter Canada and after 9/11 they changed that to at least an enhanced drivers license / state ID (Land crossing only, not via Plane).

They do have the Passport card that you can use for travelling into Canada/Mexico by vehicle. You don't need a passport book and can just show them the passport card. Significantly cheaper too.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

14 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

They do have the Passport card that you can use for travelling into Canada/Mexico by vehicle. You don't need a passport book and can just show them the passport card. Significantly cheaper too.

Or an enhanced license. Though I heard that they will be discontinuing that due to issues. 

The only ones in the US that require passports are those that do travel and just about every one living in Missouri (yes this is true).

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 12/4/2023 at 8:53 PM, djksm said:

I can’t. School is busy and we just went to Florida which is really expensive.

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

Didn't they specifically say LTX 2024 wouldn't be happening? And that they wanted to rework how they schedule them? This thread should probably be renamed or locked because it's just spreading wrong info

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠