Project Farm's LTT Stubby Screwdriver Review

He shouldve tested Hammering a screw into wood or something. Just to make him understand importance of testing properly 

If You want the results  (There were two destruction test didnt end up in the ranking Bcz It is not designed to do that You cannot test somethink that its not designed to do and make a verdict on that) 

image.thumb.png.fd74d2cdf83d82ce8532fb40587f29af.png

The Wera was overall one of the worst performers. Would have thought it'd be in the top 5.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I dislike stubby screwdrivers. I can understand grabbing the main one, but a stubby, I'd go for the SATA. LTT's did good, but it's a stubby. At $16 that did good in my books for one I'd likely use once a year. 

33 minutes ago, Loopers said:

I dislike stubby screwdrivers. I can understand grabbing the main one, but a stubby, I'd go for the SATA. LTT's did good, but it's a stubby. At $16 that did good in my books for one I'd likely use once a year. 

Same, but I might still buy the stubby, it's one of these tools that I don't need it as often but when you do, a good stuby is just making life easier.

Most jobs that seem hard are only hard because you don't have access to the right tools.

16 minutes ago, socialbeaver said:

Same, but I might still buy the stubby, it's one of these tools that I don't need it as often but when you do, a good stuby is just making life easier.

I agree. I personally have the Stanley stubby, which I bought on a flash sale, at a local store in my country, years ago, for the equivalent of $5. I do not use it often, but it proved so handy when I needed such a screwdriver. I'll probably buy the LTT stubby, just because it is one of those tools that will probably last me a lifetime, and because the normal LTT screwdriver has proven exceptional to me. Given the shipping nightmare, to get to my country and my hometown, I think I'll wait for it to be listed on Amazon, like with the normal screwdriver. Hope that will be a thing, being sold on Amazon. Same cost overall, 10 working days delivery to my doorstep. 

36 minutes ago, socialbeaver said:

only hard because you don't have access to the right tools.

So true. lol

Tight space and modifying turbo on car. That was fun trying to contortion myself with whatever I had on hand at the time to tighten a clamp

Seems worth the buy, results were not too surprising with how well the original screwdriver did..

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

It looks good, but I just don't really like ratchet screwdrivers. A good quality normal screwdriver is much cheaper and much more sturdy.

2 hours ago, socialbeaver said:

Most jobs that seem hard are only hard because you don't have access to the right tools.

Most of the time when you use stubby, you're already so tight place that it would be better to get "Skewdriver", basicly offset adapter that gives you bit over 90-degree corner to your screwdriver/power drill with 1/4" heads.

I have old passes down set but it seems that SpecTools are still a company so https://spectools.com/product/skewdriver-high-capacity-model-p9801hc/ there you go. Have been saving me quite many times when even stubby drives are way too huge or I just couldn't get enough power to the stubby thing.

I take issue with 2 things in the project farm video

1 the LTT logo being featured in the thumbnail while no otjer manufacturers logos are featured in the thumbnail 

2 at the end he thanks LTT for letting him buy the screwdriver early ( he did pay full price ) but it seemed more like a feature our screw driver and promote our product type video

even that it came in 3rd and was kinda alright this doesn’t sit well with me specially when LMG posted a floatplane  message that they intended to launch the screwdriver on Friday but due to current events that wasn’t happening anymore this review seems more like a promotional video given the timing 

The most interesting thing about this to me is the price on the swiss driver.  I had no idea it was that cheap.  The big brother one is obviously the best, but maybe not worth double an already expensive ltt driver.  But the swiss stubby being only like 20% more makes it way more reachable if you need something bulletproof.

We already knew the ltt stubby was gonna be great compared to the cheap ones and pretty in line with its price, it's the same mechanism as the big brother.

5 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

1 the LTT logo being featured in the thumbnail while no otjer manufacturers logos are featured in the thumbnail 

2 at the end he thanks LTT for letting him buy the screwdriver early ( he did pay full price ) but it seemed more like a feature our screw driver and promote our product type video

even that it came in 3rd and was kinda alright this doesn’t sit well with me specially when LMG posted a floatplane  message that they intended to launch the screwdriver on Friday but due to current events that wasn’t happening anymore this review seems more like a promotional video given the timing 

I kinda felt that way, but they are both youtubers, so I think its reasonable to collab.

9 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

The review was made exactly in the same manner as the review for the normal screwdriver and as Project Farm always states at the end of the video, this review as well, was viewer suggested. Project Farm releases videos every Sunday. Given that the stubby was supposed to release on the 17th, the review was scheduled to be released on the 20th. Like with the normal screwdriver, it was put on sale (pre-order) on the 30th of August 2022 and Project Farm's review came on the 4th of September. The only thing that did not coincide now, was the release of the screwdriver, for obvious reasons. In my opinion, I don't believe that Project Farm should have postponed releasing the review. The testing methodology, data collection, etc are pretty solid. To me, personally, it does not seem like a promotional video or an endorsement video for LTT and/or (one of) their products.

9 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

You're just nitpicking at this point. Project Farms did an amazing job (as always) testing the products and gave an unbiased opinion on the products. He did the review and had it scheduled to go live at his normal time for his videos to go live. He probably doesn't keep up with youtube drama so he didn't bother holding off on the video. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Looks good. A lot of it depends on whether you want to use this a lot. I already got the regular one, and 60 bucks for those rare cases where I need a short one, definitely ain't worth it. Mind you, if they offer a precision set, with you know the bits and like a long-ish thin bit holder, it might be useful, but otherwise I just don't see enough use cases for 60 bucks.

If you don't have a ratcheting screwdriver yet, it might be worth it, or if you really use these a lot. If the price had been lower, I would pick one up, but at 60 I rather just spend 10 more and get the regular one. And yes, I do get that this one is hardly cheaper, the costly parts are all still there.

10 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

It's a fair comment, that is also one reason why you should get more than one source for reviews.

But having said that, I think the video was as usualy with project farm well done.

4 hours ago, socialbeaver said:

It's a fair comment, that is also one reason why you should get more than one source for reviews.

But having said that, I think the video was as usualy with project farm well done.

9 hours ago, poochyena said:

I kinda felt that way, but they are both youtubers, so I think its reasonable to collab.

6 hours ago, Alex T88 said:

The review was made exactly in the same manner as the review for the normal screwdriver and as Project Farm always states at the end of the video, this review as well, was viewer suggested. Project Farm releases videos every Sunday. Given that the stubby was supposed to release on the 17th, the review was scheduled to be released on the 20th. Like with the normal screwdriver, it was put on sale (pre-order) on the 30th of August 2022 and Project Farm's review came on the 4th of September. The only thing that did not coincide now, was the release of the screwdriver, for obvious reasons. In my opinion, I don't believe that Project Farm should have postponed releasing the review. The testing methodology, data collection, etc are pretty solid. To me, personally, it does not seem like a promotional video or an endorsement video for LTT and/or (one of) their products.

5 hours ago, weez said:

You're just nitpicking at this point. Project Farms did an amazing job (as always) testing the products and gave an unbiased opinion on the products. He did the review and had it scheduled to go live at his normal time for his videos to go live. He probably doesn't keep up with youtube drama so he didn't bother holding off on the video. 

4 hours ago, socialbeaver said:

My issue was purely with the 2 issues I pointed out the LTT logo being the only manufacturer logo in the thumbnail and the title only mentioning the LTT Shorty and that it was embargoed to coincide with the release to specifically drive sales…i have ZERO issue with a colab for a proper test of a product…i do have an issue with a review to coincide with the release of a product this isn’t the tech wprld where the GPU or Chipset is some trade secret and review embargoed

i 110% enjoyed Project Farms review of both products and it was conducted fairly i take issue with reviews just for the sake of marketing like the thumbnail title and release date was meant for

The only thing I found strange in the video was the fixed gear slop test. it feels like mine is nowhere near as bad as he showed. I'm tempted to set up my own rig to test.

3 hours ago, R_M_Renfield said:

The only thing I found strange in the video was the fixed gear slop test. it feels like mine is nowhere near as bad as he showed. I'm tempted to set up my own rig to test.

Manufacturing tolerances.

If you buy the same drivers and perform the same tests, you're not going to get the same results. This is why Project Farm shouldn't be used as an objective reference because true scientific studies would uses multiple copies of each driver to avoid the chances of golden samples of one brand being compared against sloppy samples of another brand which would result in misleading performance differences.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I just wonder what kind of wizardry PB Swiss uses with their magnet. The LTT driver (standard one) is pretty strong in my experience. The PB Swiss regular and stubby has dominated both respective tests for magnetic strength.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

19 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

My issue was purely with the 2 issues I pointed out the LTT logo being the only manufacturer logo in the thumbnail and the title only mentioning the LTT Shorty and that it was embargoed to coincide with the release to specifically drive sales…i have ZERO issue with a colab for a proper test of a product…i do have an issue with a review to coincide with the release of a product this isn’t the tech wprld where the GPU or Chipset is some trade secret and review embargoed

i 110% enjoyed Project Farms review of both products and it was conducted fairly i take issue with reviews just for the sake of marketing like the thumbnail title and release date was meant for

Youtubers doing Youtube things. It's rare for him to call out a certain brand, but it does happen (see below). But in this case he definitely wants those extra clicks.
Is it completely unfair? Well it's a product a lot of people want to know about, and those people generally won't find his channel. I watched his channel a ton when I was deciding on a battery power brand, but you usually don't encounter his channel.

Now any 'normal' person looking for a short ratcheting screwdriver like this, will find his channel, and they likely won't have a big brand preference. But LTT fans will just want to buy this one, so if pushing the LTT name and logo helps push this video between your regular Youtube feed, that is a massive win for him, but also for possible buyers, because they will get exposed to quality testing.

So I don't feel like it's cheap clickbait, but he does use what he can to get as many viewers as possible. But I'm super biased, because I think he's channel is a must watch when you buy tools.

image.png.bc81c6e7e29fcf69fd377b00a3417696.png

Good try except the only logo showen in the thumbnail is the LTT logo no other manufacturers logos are showen and the LTT shorty driver is the only one mentioned in the title the ATF fluid test you mentioned shows in the thumbnail 4 different logos and at the end draws broader conclusions on if 3rd party manufacturers are any better then OEM that could be drawn about any other ATF OEM because you can delete the OEM ATF and just focus on the 3rd party fluids pips battery’s ect my issue is purely that the LTT brand was the only logo mentioned in the title and only one showen in the thumbnail all others drivers are nameless and faceless 

3 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

my issue is purely that the LTT brand was the only logo mentioned in the title and only one showen in the thumbnail all others drivers are nameless and faceless 

Do the other brands have big youtube channels that, if mentioned, would bring in significant amount of views?