Project Farm's LTT Stubby Screwdriver Review

9 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

Good try except the only logo showen in the thumbnail is the LTT logo no other manufacturers logos are showen and the LTT shorty driver is the only one mentioned in the title

True, but that does not change the testing methodology and it does not distort the results of tests to favor a screwdriver or the other. It's as transparent as it can get. This was also the case with the normal LTT screwdriver. And @poochyena pointed out a reason for this. And of course, like in any other case with PF's reviews, it is viewer suggested. And given the coverage LTT has, the viewers definitely wanted to see the LTT screwdriver(s) tested and they were interested in both of them, above any other screwdriver, I think. No matter what, I doubt that somebody would make a purchase, based solely on the title of the video or the thumbnail. I see nothing bad, in the presentation. Nothing nefarious and no ill intent from PF. 

13 hours ago, poochyena said:

Do the other brands have big youtube channels that, if mentioned, would bring in significant amount of views?

The only right answer is NO logos should of been used nor should any brand of been featured in the title thanks for playing get your toaster on the way out the shill door

44 minutes ago, angelwolf71885 said:

The only right answer is NO logos should of been used nor should any brand of been featured in the title thanks for playing get your toaster on the way out the shill door

yikes

On 8/20/2023 at 1:13 PM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

That sata one looks like a total steal 

the milwaukee's also good:
I found the full size + stubby in a kit at HD for like 30$ or something, which was a deal

4 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

THEY MENTIONED A NAME BRAND!

SHILL ALERT!!!!!

FWIW i found the most bang for the buck Milwaukee...

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

It looks like the LTT stubby is (holistically, also depending on which categories that you find most relevant) better than anything cheaper and cheaper than anything better, which is a good place to be in. The single major losing category is the amount of rotation in locked position. This seems more or less in line with the full-sized screwdriver. 

On 8/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, angelwolf71885 said:

My issue was purely with the 2 issues I pointed out the LTT logo being the only manufacturer logo in the thumbnail and the title only mentioning the LTT Shorty and that it was embargoed to coincide with the release to specifically drive sales…i have ZERO issue with a colab for a proper test of a product…i do have an issue with a review to coincide with the release of a product this isn’t the tech wprld where the GPU or Chipset is some trade secret and review embargoed

i 110% enjoyed Project Farms review of both products and it was conducted fairly i take issue with reviews just for the sake of marketing like the thumbnail title and release date was meant for

So you don't think project farm should take advantage of a brand that most on youtube will know of and be more likely to click on a thumbnail of a video with the timing that will bring in the most views and be most useful to people? 

9 hours ago, angelwolf71885 said:

Look there are plenty of YouTubers out there who would rather not have to make clickbait thumbnails and titles but the YouTube game can be unforgiving. If adding a certain logo to the thumbnail or title allows the video to reach a wider audience and gain better traction on YouTube then that's not really a problem. What would be an issue is if the content of the video was inaccurate or biased which in the case of the project farm video is highly unlikely.

Once again I made it about a third of the way through the video before I had to turn it off, I don't know whether it's the need to CONSTANTLY SHOUT EVERYTHING AT ME or the fact it's so repetitive (there's no need to repeat the name of the screwdriver 69 times in the space of a minute), but I'd rather shove an LTT screwdriver deep into my ear canal than sit through it!

Having said that, I still think a screwdriver is a very subjective thing that you need to try out in person before committing to, some of the most comfortable screwdrivers I've ever used have been cheap supermarket own brand ones, and the more expensive drivers I haven't been able to grip!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

On 8/23/2023 at 10:34 PM, ShardsSuperior said:

It looks like the LTT stubby is (holistically, also depending on which categories that you find most relevant) better than anything cheaper and cheaper than anything better, which is a good place to be in. The single major losing category is the amount of rotation in locked position. This seems more or less in line with the full-sized screwdriver. 

This is actually really weird. Locked mode is normally just the ratchet blocking both rotation directions. This means the categories "rotation in locked position" and the "how many 50° turn for 360°" test basically the same characteristics of the ratchet.

That the results are all over the place suggests some problems with the testing methodology.

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 12:10 AM, HenrySalayne said:

This is actually really weird. Locked mode is normally just the ratchet blocking both rotation directions. This means the categories "rotation in locked position" and the "how many 50° turn for 360°" test basically the same characteristics of the ratchet.

That the results are all over the place suggests some problems with the testing methodology.

it's testing how much rotational wiggle there is in the ratchet when it's locked.

If there's wiggle, it will take more than 7.2 turns to get to 360. it's a legitimate test.  

3 hours ago, tkitch said:

it's testing how much rotational wiggle there is in the ratchet when it's locked.

If there's wiggle, it will take more than 7.2 turns to get to 360. it's a legitimate test.  

Both test do test for the same thing: play in the ratcheting mechanism.

A screw driver - as the name suggest - needs to drive a screw. Which it can only do while the ratchet is locked. It's irrelevant for play of the mechanism what happens if you turn it the other way. It will either slip (ratcheting) or it will lock again. It can't do both, so play should be identical.