Apparently WAN is still going to happen. So much for "halting production"

image.thumb.png.3d7aa9c36289cffe899b40be5eb07e61.png

What a horrendous idea....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika said:

What a horrendous idea....

I completely agree.

I think the WAN show should go ahead and with LLD as usual. A quick comment to say they won’t be discussing the issues as they’ve said how they will address them and then publish any findings. To make it easier for Linus not to be drawn in to anything I’d also suggest no chats open so he doesn’t get drawn in to anything controversial or outright lies even. And a shorter wan show too but that run has to keep going 

1 hour ago, Gazzzzzzzzzzer said:

I think the WAN show should go ahead and with LLD as usual. A quick comment to say they won’t be discussing the issues as they’ve said how they will address them and then publish any findings. To make it easier for Linus not to be drawn in to anything I’d also suggest no chats open so he doesn’t get drawn in to anything controversial or outright lies even. And a shorter wan show too but that run has to keep going 

I am pretty sure some fans will be ok missing one wan show because of current situation currently but yes I would like them to talk about the issues once the investigation happens to hear the whole story. Because it could turn into a he said or she said situation leading it to add more flames to the fire on the forums or on other places on the internet.

You mean the podcast where Linus nearly gets cancelled every week? As much as I love watching it, it'd be irresponsible of Terren to let that happen.

Also, too many of the merch messages will be about the other issue, which they should not address publicly especially before investigation.

EDIT: Looks like its happening. Terren better be sitting right next to Linus.

1 hour ago, NomBread said:

I am pretty sure some fans will be ok missing one wan show because of current situation currently but yes I would like them to talk about the issues once the investigation happens to hear the whole story. Because it could turn into a he said or she said situation leading it to add more flames to the fire on the forums or on other places on the internet.

Investigations like this don't take a week or a month. Usually it's a multi-month ordeal. 
It's better to just rip the band-aid off. Sure it may be a weird WAN show, but it's better to get it out in the open. Easier to move on when there is not a scythe hanging over your head.

18 hours ago, Rackneh said:

Is tomorrow gonna break the WAN streak?

Production has been halted, if they decide to do one anyway do you guys think Linus will adress things or is he gonna ask to have patience until the investigations are over?

It would be fair to assume they're not even sure yet if nothing has been announced.

18 hours ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

If it's true they only care about money then they will 100% have wan show this week with everything that's going on.

What lol? How does that make any sense. I’m genuinely curious about why so many people think they only care about money. You really think any sane businessperson would invest millions into the Labs project like Linus has? We all know it’s not going to be very profitable, and even Gary has admitted that (I spoke to him at LTX). 

18 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I hope they do WAN Show tomorrow, but spend the entire couple hours having a serious public acknowledgement and roundtable discussion about their process issues, and the ideas they've been formulating over the course of this week to correct them. Really make it live up to the "analysis" the A stands for. At a minimum, everyone who appeared in the "what do we do now" video should appear. Show us they're finally taking feedback seriously, and not just because of the backlash.

I don't think they are ready for that. All the notifications from the channels about there not being a video today (Techlinked, Gamelinked, etc...) Said until next Wednesday or whatever "AT LEAST".

If the situation calls for it they could continue working on fixing everything.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

19 hours ago, Rackneh said:

Is tomorrow gonna break the WAN streak?

Production has been halted, if they decide to do one anyway do you guys think Linus will adress things or is he gonna ask to have patience until the investigations are over?

To everybody speculating that they will or might do WAN Show... Absolutely not. Here's why:

On Friday they don't release an LTT video, they instead do WAN Show. It's that video for the day. And it absolutely counts as "Production", they have "Producer Dan" and even a "writer" or smth a while back. 

No way they do WAN Show this week.

And if there ever was a valid enough reason to miss it, it's this. If they are taking it seriously so they wouldn't host it.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

5 minutes ago, VicBar said:

To everybody speculating that they will or might do WAN Show... Absolutely not. Here's why:

On Friday they don't release an LTT video, they instead do WAN Show. It's that video for the day. And it absolutely counts as "Production", they have "Producer Dan" and even a "writer" or smth a while back. 

No way they do WAN Show this week.

And if there ever was a valid enough reason to miss it, it's this. Of they are taking it seriously so they wouldn't host it.

I rewatched the apology and Yvonne's segment specifically worded it as  "effective immediately all YouTube video production is on pause"
(video embed is time-coded)

So if they want to be "um akshually" about this, if they don't livestream it on YouTube and they don't upload it, they are still keeping their word *shrug*

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I would like to see old style friday stream from time before wan show, when Luke was still under nickname "Slick" and production values were truly garbage. Except this time only with said Luke because Linus is currently, even thought face of the channel, a liability. 

Wrong topic sorry

Edited by fenna
Error

3 minutes ago, fenna said:

Emily Young

@EmilyAYoung1 

I'm trying to stay out of everything publicly but I'm pushing for change internally.

I don't want to speak for Madison unless she wants me to, and I don't want to say anything as an LMG employee that might jeopardize the impartiality of whatever investigation happens.

7:35 PM Aug 17, 2023

As Emily said They Need to change.

Quickly than ever.

And Remember that Madison doesn't have to prove anything to anybody.

That's It.

Emily made a follow-up reply. She is specifically talking about the production processes.

I guess EVERYONE at LMG doesn't know how to read the room correctly when they say things vaguely.

Screenshot2023-08-18at3_13_30AM.jpg.54e1cc2599765932556aa8324e2bec71.jpg

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Emily made a follow-up reply. She is specifically talking about the production processes.

I guess EVERYONE at LMG doesn't know how to read the room correctly when they say things vaguely.

Screenshot2023-08-18at3_13_30AM.jpg.54e1cc2599765932556aa8324e2bec71.jpg

I post in the Wrong topic sorry 😕

5 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Apparently WAN is still going to happen. So much for "effective immediately all YouTube video production is on pause"

terminally online techbros often need a high dosage of read-the-room

Jam on through to the other side

The WAN show is probably not too demanding on the team - there are no Benchmarks, Experiments, B-Roll-Recordings, or Videocuts and the "script" is mostly just a bullet-point list of topics.

Heck, they could even limit the WAN show to a single topic (the obvious one) and use it to address the current state of the internal investigations. Maybe we even see an apology. 

LMG needs to grow up - it has gotten too big for a simple "Friends" or "Trust me bro"-Mentality. It needs to become more corporate and professional. 

It would be interesting to see how they approach this if the WAN show were to still continue; there's no way they cannot address the multiple elephants in the room and Linus should be well prepared from his PR, HR and Legal team with what he can and cannot disclose. After all, it was his words on the WAN show that kicked this all off. 

12 hours ago, Drazil100 said:

I think if they do WAN Show they should do one without sponsors and disable merch messages for the show. I also think they should have Dan get a list of the hard questions and comments from the YouTube comments, the forum, X, and Reddit and do a Q&A to that.

That is possibly the worst thing they could do. Linus, live answering questions that he will get emotional about. He will say some stupid shit and fuel the fire that already has burned LMG to the ground.

9 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Apparently WAN is still going to happen. So much for "effective immediately all YouTube video production is on pause"

I think thats sarcasm

19 minutes ago, leadattic said:

That is possibly the worst thing they could do. Linus, live answering questions that he will get emotional about. He will say some stupid shit and fuel the fire that already has burned LMG to the ground.

The stupid shit is already out in the open about as much as it can be. We already know his bad take on steve's video from his original forum response. I really doubt there would be much more he could add to that that would surprise anyone. Luke being there would also help in keeping him in check.

Linus has always addressed his controversies head on and it's something people have come to expect from him. Right now there are tons of people who just want to beat him down for all of this. I think the BEST course of action would be to accept it in full and let the haters get their frustration out. No attempt at recouping profits or subs, no pushing merch, no pushing sponsors, just letting the audience beat on them for a while and trying to be as transparent as possible.

This problem isn't going to get much better next week. Eventually Linus is going to have to show his face on a live stream. May as well rip the band-aid off and get it over with so that next week's WAN Show can be normal.

I think they should go on with it.  It's 3 guys time and it's the podium.  WAN is why I am here and I appreciate it's candid nature.  Off the cuff takes will sometimes be bad but if that port hole were to be closed off is that what you really want?  It's certainly not what I would want.