About WAN Show

Rackneh

does anyone else feel like its not sunday? no WAN show this week, for the first time in 5 years or so. kinda feel empty, a weird thing to miss sure but it was my saturday entertainment.

RIP WAN show streak.

lets hope the new streak lasts even longer.

F.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:32 AM, TheTripleDeuce said:

Oh I doubt they'll skip wan show this week. If it's true they only care about money then they will 100% have wan show this week with everything that's going on.

That being said if they care about the audience they will read the room and won't have Linus on the wan show because they know he will say or do something else (intended or not) and just dig a bigger hole. 

This aged well lol. Mind if I ask your thoughts on the fact they did skip it?

8 hours ago, MercuryRain said:

The quality of the feedback they are getting right now in most of these threads is...well.  non-existent.

To put it succinctly, most of our opinions, questions, and suggestions are worthless and I fully expect them to treat it as such.

A lot of people don't get the amount of utter shit that rolls over you every single day if you're a well known Internet personality and it's in our human nature to ignore positive feedback and focus on the negative. The negative feedback is all over the place though - from utterly useless to just incredibly personal.

I wonder if AI could not be used in the future to browse through negative comments and condense it in succinct points that seem to be recurring grievances. It would be a lot healthier than, for example, Linus manually reading it all because that is just soul destroying and you can tell he takes it a lot more serious than he should.

I looked forward to a WAN show, but I understand why it was skipped.

A WAN show cannot not address the latest allegations for a lengthy amount of time, allegations that cannot be addressed right now due to ongoing third party investigation. It wouldn't be a good look if every merch message asks Linus to address allegation.

The WAN every week is a self imposed deadline, it's a good sign LMG has put their forward down to skip that as well.

Wow, less than 24hrs and i'm torn down for my opinion and given a list of reasons for such. Now I remember why I haven't been on here in years. Guess i'll go back to the real world and get away from such toxic and

semi-bais discussions. The only reason I watch WAN in the first place is Linus's & Luke's back-and-forth commentary, don't need anything to change there but if it does, i'll watch a few too see if its, if not, byez.

Don't bother responding to this post, I won't be coming back to read if you do reply.

4 minutes ago, pschuman21 said:

Don't bother responding to this post, I won't be coming back to read if you do reply.

Okay.

41 minutes ago, pschuman21 said:

Wow, less than 24hrs and i'm torn down for my opinion and given a list of reasons for such. Now I remember why I haven't been on here in years. Guess i'll go back to the real world and get away from such toxic and

semi-bais discussions. The only reason I watch WAN in the first place is Linus's & Luke's back-and-forth commentary, don't need anything to change there but if it does, i'll watch a few too see if its, if not, byez.

No offence intended, but I think you're over reacting just a bit. We all have our opinions and we don't always agree. But we all benefit from a free and open exchange of ideas. This is, after all, LinusTechTips.com so it will, by it's very nature, be pro LMG biased.

As for last Fridays Wan Show I was hoping they would go on air, but I also recognized the situation would have been very awkward at best. I doubt they had had time to formalize any changes, so L&L would not have had anything concreate to discuss in terms of improvements within LMG. I think the result could have been a potential disaster so it was probably better to take a breather and get their act together. One issue I do hope they address specifically relating to the Wan Show is starting the show "ON TIME" moving forward.

I'm looking forward to seeing new LTT content posted very soon. I have kind of felt a disturbance in the online experience this past week with no new LMG videos.

Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. (Jeremy Clarkson)

On 8/18/2023 at 8:01 PM, Fogux said:

OK then, they can act as a regular company and do their corporate PR thing, but then there is no "trust me bro" anymore.

A "bro" wouldn't take a week to tell me what's going wrong and why.

Tell me you've never worked in a professional environment without telling me you've never worked in a professional environment 😂

You do realize that the whole "Trust Me Bro" thing ended up morphing into a fully lawyer vetted, formal warranty policy, right?  That it only lives on as a joke?  In these situations, there are all sorts of contracts and agreements that control what can be said before, during, and after the investigations at the risk of tainting and destroying the whole process, and given that I seem to recall Linus being named in the non-sexual portions of the complaints at least, he's going to have extra rules as someone being investigated.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

12 hours ago, CrowTheRobot said:

Tell me you've never worked in a professional environment without telling me you've never worked in a professional environment 😂

You do realize that the whole "Trust Me Bro" thing ended up morphing into a fully lawyer vetted, formal warranty policy, right?  That it only lives on as a joke?  In these situations, there are all sorts of contracts and agreements that control what can be said before, during, and after the investigations at the risk of tainting and destroying the whole process, and given that I seem to recall Linus being named in the non-sexual portions of the complaints at least, he's going to have extra rules as someone being investigated.

As far as I know Linus isn't banned from doing public adresses yet.

Yeah sure there might have been legal risks going for the wan show, but they can say that for legal reason they can't comment on madison's case and just adress the GN stuff. They took the safe way but it hurts the trust of the viewvers.