About WAN Show

Rackneh
10 minutes ago, Vynlovanth said:

If they did WAN show they’d likely need to shut off merch messages.  I kind of wish they would anyway since that’s what causes them to go so long and go way off topic, only like 1 merch message is ever interesting.  Otherwise the rest are repetitive with similar messages from past shows.  It would just be even worse this week, 99% of the merch messages would be basically the same questions that they shouldn’t even bother to respond to, or something inappropriate to even display.  And that might also make WAN show less lucrative so less of a point for them to bother.  They paused production everywhere else, why make an exception here.

dont they have "merch messages" available for the 24/7 live channel? lol

I don't think having a normal WAN show would be a good Idea, but maybe an 30 minutes to 1h show with Terran and Yvonne where they talk about what they did the last days and maybe calling up all the managers (or reading statements from the managers) that were present in the apology video, each giving a short update on what they have done so far.

It should feel like a pretty boring update, just so they don't add more fuel to the drama. I'd also hold off on any sponsor spots, even if they just do it so none of the bad press surrounding them gets passed on to the sponsors.

I very much doubt that they'll do a WAN show tomorrow. As others have pointed out, there's just no avoiding the current situation right now and the comments would be entirely dominated by people asking questions about it or trolling to stoke the flames. Especially with the Madison allegations, I think it's in their best interests right now to just hold off this week. Let the dust settle a bit more and reassess the climate next week. No matter when it comes back, there will be questions, though. So they just need to be prepared for it and find an appropriate way to address it instead rather than coming back and pretending like nothing happened. 

I wonder if WAN gets the axe. It's a big part of the problem here and negative views. I could see them cutting it altogether 

3 minutes ago, adm0n said:

I don't think having a normal WAN show would be a good Idea, but maybe an 30 minutes to 1h show with Terran and Yvonne where they talk about what they did the last days and maybe calling up all the managers (or reading statements from the managers) that were present in the apology video, each giving a short update on what they have done so far.

It should feel like a pretty boring update, just so they don't add more fuel to the drama. I'd also hold off on any sponsor spots, even if they just do it so none of the bad press surrounding them gets passed on to the sponsors.

ideal WAN show would be without linus (this week), no merch messages, and sponsored by dbrand. no WAN after dark, and main WAN just not even talk about the drama/controversies of the weeks

Just now, suits said:

I wonder if WAN gets the axe. It's a big part of the problem here and negative views. I could see them cutting it altogether 

nah aint no way they axe it, maybe floatplane exclusive but not axed

3 minutes ago, suits said:

I was also wondering that. I could see them drastically changing the format, so it isn't as likely for Linus to go of the rails as much.

Doing a WAN show and talking about anything that's happened would be a disaster, and doing one while just ignoring the elephant(s) in the room would be ridiculous, so I would hope they would take at least a week off. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, pressure said:

image.thumb.png.7f1398973d43d57358a40e3e976b37b7.png

LabsJake (LTT employee) said this in the official LTT discord. So I guess we are getting a WAN show.

It could still go either way. Too early for them to have made a real decision on WAN show imo.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

2 minutes ago, pressure said:

image.thumb.png.7f1398973d43d57358a40e3e976b37b7.png

LabsJake (LTT employee) said this in the official LTT discord. So I guess we are getting a WAN show.

Good to see they have their priorities in line. 🙄

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Rackneh said:

I agree but we don't know who contributed to the toxic work environment, they'd have to have one or two people they KNOW won't be implicated.

Not sure if it is allowed on this forum, but I get the vibe that jake is someone who might be responsible. Sadly it fits his on screen persona.

Maybe they'll do a Q&A with Terren or something. I guess that would be a pretty neutral thing to do that shouldn't cause any harm.

22 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Good to see they have their priorities in line. 🙄

What do you expect everyone at the company of 120 people to act like someone died this week? I'm on Steve's side with this and I believe Madison enough to say that something happened, but come on, you can't expect everyone to behave like they suddenly  have severe depression. That's not how humans work, people aren't robots. 

I love watching the WAN show every week and would hate to see it canceled this week but I don't think they can put Linus in front of the camera right now in a live stream. He can get too emotional and say thing's that might not be the best for the company as a whole. There are a few ways I can see this going.

1. If they do put him on camera, script a quick intro explaining they are not going to discuss or publish questions regarding what is currently going on and being investigated and get Linus' "trust me bro" guarantee that he will not discuss certain topics at this time. Don't allow Linus access to live chat at this time as he can get too emotional and defensive, only allow him access to topics and merch messages that have been curated, then move on to tech news and try to make it as normal a show as possible. (I think this is unlikely as Linus can be too much of a loose canon when it comes to live shows)

B) Have Luke, Dan and Riley do the show this week! Personally, I would love this and believe this would be the safer option right now for LMG. I think there would still have to be a short intro explaining that certain topics will not be discussed or published at this time. No matter what they will be inundated with questions regarding what is currently going on so Dan would be busy blocking merch messages but I think all three of them could navigate the show in a positive direction. (I think this would be a fun interesting show and think it is more likely to occur than option 1)

3) Simply cancel the show this week 😞 They will most definitely lose out on revenue but unfortunately it is the safest option for LMG at this time. (I think this is the most likely scenario)

Whatever they decide to do this week and maybe even next, some of what has occurred will have to be discussed at some point but probably at a later date.

While I like that most controversies are handled in a public fashion some of the claims that have been made are very serious, involve internal investigation and discipline, possibly even litigation, these are matters that simply cannot be discussed publicly.

5 minutes ago, Absentia13 said:

What do you expect everyone at the company of 120 people to act like someone died this week? I'm on Steve's side with this and I believe Madison enough to say that something happened, but come on, you can't expect everyone to behave like they suddenly act like they have severe depression. That's not how humans work, people aren't robots. 

Is it 120 now? There's like 85 on the website, I can't keep up.

Anyway, they said they are pausing video production, so I don't know why WAN Show would be an exception. The potential is there for it to get really ugly with chat and how whoever is hosting responds, and I do think the attitude that "the streak" is really an important thing here is a bit tone-deaf.  I mean, isn't the attitude "A certain amount of content on a certain schedule must be maintained no matter what" at the heart of a lot of their current problems? 

A part of me wants to believe that there won't be anything for a week outside of already made videos scheduled already via contracts yet they were still joking in their latest video which was tonedeaf. First joke by Terran was ok but no more, doesn't look sincere. If there is a WAN show I'll for sure be disappointed, that's not taking a week off "effective immediately."

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is it 120 now? There's like 85 on the website, I can't keep up.

Anyway, they said they are pausing video production, so I don't know why WAN Show would be an exception. The potential is there for it to get really ugly with chat and how whoever is hosting responds, and I do think the attitude that "the streak" is really an important thing here is a bit tone-deaf. 

I 100% agree with that. This is why I don't think there will be one. If they turned off comments or something it would be even worse. If they refused to talk about either topic and just did tech topics, it would be worse still. They probably CAN'T talk about Madison until their 3rd part is done investigating anyway. 

1 hour ago, Rackneh said:

Not all publicity is good publicity.

The business saying is: all publicity is good publicity.

By and large, the voices here could be considered the vocal minority. It's likely that LTT / LMG as a whole will not be significantly impacted by what happened over the past 72 hours when we look long-term.

There is a short-term revenue impact, but most things that may change are likely internal. We will get more visibility into certain aspects of what makes up videos, but otherwise I'm not seeing a long-term negative impact. The company will press on.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

WAN show featuring Linus and Steve being pals and acting professionally... In a perfect world.

It is deeply saddening seeing the community fractured like this. 

5 minutes ago, awidawad said:

WAN show featuring Linus and Steve being pals and acting professionally... In a perfect world.

Would love to see that. But considering what Linus said in his first response, I doubt GN would want to be pals anytime soon. I could see them having Steve over, apologizing to him publicly and maybe pledge to hold each other accountable from now on.

10 minutes ago, awidawad said:

Linus (and/or Linus's employees) attacked the quality of Steve's work, and then Linus attacked Steve's journalistic integrity. Steve wanting to be "pals" after that is unlikely. 

1 minute ago, adm0n said:

Would love to see that. But considering what Linus said in his first response, I doubt GN would want to be pals anytime soon

Eh, why not? If anyone can absolve their sins, it's got to be the Tech Jesus 🙂

Overall, I think that a lot of people are overdramatizing what's happening. Yes, a bunch of shitty things probably happened at LMG. Yes, making things right won't be easy. But they have a bunch of amazing people working there, who are more than capable of doing it. And this includes Linus. I don't think that any of his fuckups have been malicious, he's just gotten way over his head managing a company that grew too quickly. Not to mention his personal flaws, which naturally became more prominent once he became rich and famous. I think that in the end he can deal with it, the company can deal with him, things won't be perfect, but they'll be a lot better.

I think Linus will try to do a WAN Show, but after how talking about this stuff has only made it worse, the rest of the company will absolutely beg him not to. I guess we’ll see tmr.

Who knows, maybe it’ll be on time if it happens.

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.