About WAN Show

Rackneh

Is tomorrow gonna break the WAN streak?

Production has been halted, if they decide to do one anyway do you guys think Linus will adress things or is he gonna ask to have patience until the investigations are over?

Oh I doubt they'll skip wan show this week. If it's true they only care about money then they will 100% have wan show this week with everything that's going on.

That being said if they care about the audience they will read the room and won't have Linus on the wan show because they know he will say or do something else (intended or not) and just dig a bigger hole. 

I would doubt there's a WAN show. They said all production is shut down. If there is one, it's going to go very strangely and the comments and like/dislike ratio is going to be a disaster. Sucks because I really enjoy WAN show. 

I feel like if it did go ahead there would be a weird vibe to it. They won't want to comment further on the ongoing events yet every message will be about it. Maybe better if it was written? But there's not much point to it then.

5 minutes ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

Oh I doubt they'll skip wan show this week. If it's true they only care about money then they will 100% have wan show this week with everything that's going on.

That being said if they care about the audience they will read the room and won't have Linus on the wan show because they know he will say or do something else (intended or not) and just dig a bigger hole. 

I agree but we don't know who contributed to the toxic work environment, they'd have to have one or two people they KNOW won't be implicated.

1 minute ago, Nathat23 said:

I feel like if it did go ahead there would be a weird vibe to it. They won't want to comment further on the ongoing events yet every message will be about it.

But I mean from a business perspective, you WANT the wan show to keep going through thick and thin ESPECIALLY when you know people who don't normally watch it will be present

2 minutes ago, Nathat23 said:

I feel like if it did go ahead there would be a weird vibe to it. They won't want to comment further on the ongoing events yet every message will be about it. Maybe better if it was written? But there's not much point to it then.

Yeah maybe best to not have a wan. This would be a good enough reason to break the WAN streak, if they handle things right the WAN after would be major for them.

I'd like to think the WAN show would be paused.

Keep in mind, the new CEO that has been largely silent or non-existent on screen came out during a time of crisis.

We (the audience / consumer) don't know him, a sense of "trust" hasn't been established with him.

His appearance gave LTT a very "corporate tone", and it's possible that he (CEO) is pulling more strings in efforts to save face with staff, sponsors, etc...

Unless Linus gives some sort of hard promise that he won't respond off-script, in a negative way - the way that got the community to raise pitchforks, it would be prudent for them to pause the show until the harsh reactions die down.

Keep in mind, ALL of this, is still flowing pretty strong considering the internet has a low attention span.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

I hope they do WAN Show tomorrow, but spend the entire couple hours having a serious public acknowledgement and roundtable discussion about their process issues, and the ideas they've been formulating over the course of this week to correct them. Really make it live up to the "analysis" the A stands for. At a minimum, everyone who appeared in the "what do we do now" video should appear. Show us they're finally taking feedback seriously, and not just because of the backlash.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

But I mean from a business perspective, you WANT the wan show to keep going through thick and thin ESPECIALLY when you know people who don't normally watch it will be present

Not all publicity is good publicity. The same goes for the "Oh ceos are legally obligated to make money for shareholders" argument. Shooting yourself in the foot in the long term by trying to make the most money the fastest for your shareholders is not in your shareholders best interest.

Just like in this case the boost in viewership and sales from the LTT diehards will not outweigh the anger of the non-diehards if they decided to do WAN like nothing happened.

If the WAN show were to happen, not have Linus on, but to have Terren and Luke. That would allow a good Q+A for those that would watch and see for more updates. Not having it, wouldn't be the worst either.... A ton of us have more questions and with a vast majority having small attention spans, it can allow some closure or whatever people need..

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

I hope they do WAN Show tomorrow, but spend the entire couple hours having a serious public address and roundtable discussion about their process issues, and the ideas they've been formulating over the course of this week to correct them. Really make it live up to the "analysis" the A stands for. At a minimum, everyone who appeared in the "what do we do now" video should appear.

While this is a great idea, I think it's too early for that. 

Linus also has to adress the "I guess we're in the clear" comment, that's not gonna be easy legally.

2 minutes ago, Degangee said:

If the WAN show were to happen, not have Linus on, but to have Terren and Luke. That would allow a good Q+A for those that would watch and see for more updates. Not having it, wouldn't be the worst either.... A ton of us have more questions and with a vast majority having small attention spans, it can allow some closure or whatever people need..

Not a bad idea actually

1 minute ago, Rackneh said:

Linus also has to adress the "I guess we're in the clear" comment, that's not gonna be easy legally.

That set of allegations absolutely needs to be addressed, but I don't expect them to even acknowledge them publicly until they have all their ducks in a row. Even then, the acknowledgement would come from a carefully worded letter from a lawyer, not an off-the-cuff comment on a podcast.

13 minutes ago, Degangee said:

Terren and Luke (and maybe Yvonne) feel as the only sane people left at LMG. And they can not have Linus on WAN, cus he WILL say something incredibly stupid and sink the already sunken ship.

2 minutes ago, leadattic said:

Terren and Luke (and maybe Yvonne) feel as the only sane people left at LMG. And they can not have Linus on WAN, cus he WILL say something incredibly stupid.

Terren needs a comically oversized "MUTE LINUS" button.

image.png.874a4c5c624cbeb51f5475660f8afcb0.png

10 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

That set of allegations absolutely needs to be addressed, but I don't expect them to even acknowledge them publicly until they have all their ducks in a row. Even then, the acknowledgement would come from a carefully worded letter from a lawyer, not an off-the-cuff comment on a podcast.

They already did acknowledge them - in email responses to journalists (The Verge were the first to ask for comment as far as I'm aware) and then in a Tweet on the LTT account.

I don't think they will (or should) say any more than what those acknowledgements have already said, but they have at least shown they're aware of the allegations and have promised an independent investigation.

13 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

nah they probably wont ever address them publicly now that they have a 3rd party involved. the STUPIDEST thing they could do while a 3rd party is involved is address them. thats what the 3rd party is for, a un-biased look into the allegations. its the same as having a lawyer but then not listening to the lawyer. yknow? (i mean this as a wan show perspective)

2 minutes ago, Mertrodome said:

They already did acknowledge them - in email responses to journalists (The Verge were the first to ask for comment as far as I'm aware) and then in a Tweet on the LTT account.

image.gif.16ca3aa4965b6e0dd5d6efa1aca88f51.gif

1 minute ago, Mertrodome said:

I don't think they will (or should) say any more than what those acknowledgements have already said, but they have at least shown they're aware of the allegations and have promised an independent investigation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that's everything they should do at this point.

1 minute ago, jnmaster said:

They could maybe do a WAN show, but all proceeds go to charity or something similar!

nah thatd be too much work for them probably. easier to just have WAN show and no merch messages on the stream OR skip WAN show

If they did WAN show they’d likely need to shut off merch messages.  I kind of wish they would anyway since that’s what causes them to go so long and go way off topic, only like 1 merch message is ever interesting.  Otherwise the rest are repetitive with similar messages from past shows.  It would just be even worse this week, 99% of the merch messages would be basically the same questions that they shouldn’t even bother to respond to, or something inappropriate to even display.  And that might also make WAN show less lucrative so less of a point for them to bother.  They paused production everywhere else, why make an exception here.

12 minutes ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

nah thatd be too much work for them probably. easier to just have WAN show and no merch messages on the stream OR skip WAN show

I agree!