About WAN Show

Rackneh
18 minutes ago, MrChuw said:

Seems like not anymore.

e813de.png.0030085cc7bd85d352455703723f59c8.png

Good call.

8 minutes ago, Fogux said:

Very disappointing for me that there will be no wan show, it means they are scared of saying anything more, is there more stuff to hide ?

Are they trying to let time flow so that people forget ?

I thought wan show was the place for real talks and insights in how LMG works, its more needed than ever. Will we only get corporate statements from now on ?

Exactly what @MarkPol88 was saying two post above, there's no way to satisfy ppl, you are really dense 

Everyone’s opinion will be different, for me this is the right call. To continue as a consumer of LTT content I need these allegations addressed with the seriousness they deserve.

Monetising Maddison’s allegations would have been an abhorrent mistake. 

4 hours ago, mrjewfro said:

I think they should go on with it.  It's 3 guys time and it's the podium.  WAN is why I am here and I appreciate it's candid nature.  Off the cuff takes will sometimes be bad but if that port hole were to be closed off is that what you really want?  It's certainly not what I would want.

3 guys including:
1. The former CEO current CVO,
2. The current CTO
and 3. Dan who has had his position shift around because of how much was required of him and they set him as the producer of the show, despite having other responsibilities.

These just "3 guys" are some of the most requested at LMG. Linus owns the damn place, Luke has several teams of software engineers he manages, and Dan has stated how he has a millions things to do any given moment of the day. The CVO and CTO's time is probably worth a pretty penny.

If they miss it once, when it is really important they do so, it's not the end of the world. I say them doing it would be sign the aren't giving their own decision to self/reflect the due diligence.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

A Floatplane poll was their best option here, because if they decided one way or another on their own the angry mob would undoubtedly find some way to spin it in the most negative light possible:

No WAN Show - "They're hiding from us and don't want Linus to run his mouth and dig them a deeper hole."

Yes WAN Show, no merch messages - "They're censoring community feedback! Not addressing our concerns!"

Yes WAN Show, yes merch messages - "Why should I pay them to give them my feedback?! They're just cashing in!"

Yes WAN Show, yes merch messages, current controversies are off-limits - "They're trying to sweep their problems under the rug!"

The poll results make it look less like an arbitrary decision.

Publicly reporting the results on the forum would've been nice, though.

My question is, do we call this the end of the streak?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

IDK if it's the right call.

However is consistent with the declarations on the latest release, keeps distant the heat from the team and do not expose both CVO and CTO to question fire via the "we are too good to use superchat, buy our stuff" time. 

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

6 hours ago, Drazil100 said:

Linus has always addressed his controversies head on and it's something people have come to expect from him. Right now there are tons of people who just want to beat him down for all of this. I think the BEST course of action would be to accept it in full and let the haters get their frustration out. No attempt at recouping profits or subs, no pushing merch, no pushing sponsors, just letting the audience beat on them for a while and trying to be as transparent as possible.

Ofc and if it's not in the WAN Show because it doesn't deserve that much attention, he'll do it in a forum post. THAT went well.

The main issue is that they SAID they are pausing to analyze, restructure, and refocus. A WEEK they said, all production.

If WAN Show isn't production, and they go ahead and do it anyway.. Their word is worth nothing. And I don't believe Yvonne's word to be nothing.

They really really shouldn't do it.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

I been listening to the wan show at work lately so I can catch up. Currently listening to April 7ths called "A monster lawsuit is coming for me". I've noticed the things Linus has said in this and the few wan shows before were kinda egotisitc. Looking forward to how this weeks one is going to go. Wonder what the energy is going to be like.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I knew the streak would end some day, but it's unfortunate that this was the reason. Gonna be strange, I'm not sure how many years it's been since I've gone ~1 week without a WAN show. When was the last time they broke the streak, other than being a day late due to LTX?

5 minutes ago, Mr_Guillotine said:

There will be no WAN Show this week. I feel like this is the right call to make. 

Opera Snapshot_2023-08-18_115446_twitter.com.png

well shit now what do i do with my friday nights? lol

I wanted a WAN Show but I also think they need to have space to decompress and think about going forward. Still too many people wanting a pound of flesh and Linus and others on their knees self-flagellating with whips to to remind themselves of their continued sin, depravity, and vileness in the eyes of Tech Judas.

1 minute ago, TheTripleDeuce said:

well shit now what do i do with my friday nights? lol

You joke, but as a hermit, it's a real conundrum! I might actually try and do some gaming tonight, or maybe see if a streamer I like is playing any Baulders Gate 3? (I don't really drink anymore or that would likely have been the backup plan lol)

59 minutes ago, Fogux said:

Very disappointing for me that there will be no wan show, it means they are scared of saying anything more, is there more stuff to hide ?

Are they trying to let time flow so that people forget ?

I thought wan show was the place for real talks and insights in how LMG works, its more needed than ever. Will we only get corporate statements from now on ?

You should probably take off the tinfoil hat and realize that they're doing the intelligent thing when there's a lot of conflict, process reworking, and investigations into super serious allegations like Madison's.  In those situations, when you've got someone proven to respond emotionally and off-the-cuff at times, doing a live, unscripted broadcast is not the way to go.  You have to understand that when you're talking a company of this size, with legal labor-related obligations and an actual HR department now, there are proper ways to do things.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

image.png.1b9d69a13b4894e8d3e306f2aa8f45e2.pngNo

The other thread is more active

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

[OLD]

3 hours ago, Gunhed said:

I'd like to have a WAN show. I always enjoyed it even if there were hard times in the past.

True, but this is unlike anything we've dealt with before. As a community. At least in terms of depth and severity.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

[OLD]

7 minutes ago, vong said:

I been listening to the wan show at work lately so I can catch up. Currently listening to April 7ths called "A monster lawsuit is coming for me". I've noticed the things Linus has said in this and the few wan shows before were kinda egotisitc. Looking forward to how this weeks one is going to go. Wonder what the energy is going to be like.

These controversies really don’t start for another two month’s of episodes 

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

It does look like LMG is working on fixing some stuff with their channels. The WAN Show playlist on YouTube hadn't been updated since May until Wednesday. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTw7PhlnAr4pZZz2QubIbujH

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

8 minutes ago, GoStormPlaysYT said:

It does look like LMG is working on fixing some stuff with their channels. The WAN Show playlist on YouTube hadn't been updated since May until Wednesday. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTw7PhlnAr4pZZz2QubIbujH

Freaking finally. 

I hope they keep up to date with it as keeping one running for when I am doing yard work (don't listen live and usually catch up over 1 weekend) was a pain in the butt.

2 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Freaking finally. 

I hope they keep up to date with it as keeping one running for when I am doing yard work (don't listen live and usually catch up over 1 weekend) was a pain in the butt.

Yeah. It looks like they're making progress.

Now it isn't perfect, as one of the "WAN Shows" that they added was a normal livestream and not a WAN Show, but they're making progress.