About WAN Show

Rackneh
27 minutes ago, leeatschool said:

If I may, I think the way forward with WAN is without Linus, at least right now. Linus has said stupid things, but Luke has been a rock above reproach. 

It would be comforting if it was either solo Luke, or maybe they bring Dan out, and say something along the lines of, we know what's going on, we know you want to talk about it, you know we can't, let's have a wan show, and then be as normal as possible.

NO Linus = no wan show. I watch for Linus and Lukes take not someone else.

Just now, NavyEmt said:

NO Linus = no wan show. I watch for Linus and Lukes take not someone else.

And that's a completely reasonable take! I don't mean to say there is a right or wrong to this, moreso that I know no one will let him live on cam right now, and I'd like to have some semblance of normalcy because I'm dumb and I let myself get attached to the WAN show

4 minutes ago, Rex Hite said:

Holding LTT and GN to journalistic standards is a misreading of what they actually are.

Simply them calling themselves journalists is not sufficient reason to accept their claim. In fact, it is that very acceptance by an audience which is key to the problem. Their delusion becomes ours. And that's not good. But that's why they are really influencers, and in that reality they are exceptionally well suited.

The word journalism is being used to mean a standard rather than an occupation. It is not a standard. It may operate within a standard determined by publishers, but is itself not one.

In the case of LTT and GN, the word journalism is an expression of marketing, not activity. Using the word' journalism' to imply 'credibility' is in the case here and many others,  is no more than brand placement. By that I meant LTT and GN are playing at journalism to suit their delusions of self-regard and of course, to influence.

And I am holding them to their self-proclaimed title, simple as that.

They want to be journalists? Alright.  Be journalists.

3 minutes ago, leeatschool said:

And that's a completely reasonable take! I don't mean to say there is a right or wrong to this, moreso that I know no one will let him live on cam right now, and I'd like to have some semblance of normalcy because I'm dumb and I let myself get attached to the WAN show

Why Can't he be on live cam? I see no reason to act anyway but normal. Let the noise go away and move on.

Just now, leeatschool said:

This is a fair point, but I truly worry thar Linus, if given a microphone might say something he can't take back right now, and then it doesn't matter whether anything was right or wrong, he will have done something unforgivable. 

I want the WAN show to still be around, and for the health of everyone, the channel and Linus himself, keeping Linus from being a Liability is the best possible move.

Would it be better that he say it or that he go on thinking it in private without us knowing?

With the latter, not only do we not know his flawed thinking, but that flawed thinking can keep influencing the company. 

1 minute ago, NavyEmt said:

Why Can't he be on live cam? I see no reason to act anyway but normal. Let the noise go away and move on.

1 minute ago, Drazil100 said:

Would it be better that he say it or that he go on thinking it in private without us knowing?

With the latter, not only do we not know his flawed thinking, but that flawed thinking can keep influencing the company. 

I don't mean to say he can't be on camera, as in its my opinion, I mean, that given his history, neither the CEO, Legal Team, nor the Risk Management Firm they've invariably hired would allow him to be.

8 minutes ago, leeatschool said:

I don't mean to say he can't be on camera, as in its my opinion, I mean, that given his history, neither the CEO, Legal Team, nor the Risk Management Firm they've invariably hired would allow him to be.

But will the owner?

2 minutes ago, NavyEmt said:

But will the owner?

If he wants LMG to survive, he will follow the guidance of all of those people, and not overrule cooler heads. 

1 hour ago, leeatschool said:

but Luke has been a rock above reproach. 

I mean, making a 69 joke during the apology video would not be done by someone "above reproach".

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

I mean, making a 69 joke during the apology video would not be done by someone "above reproach".

While the joke was kind of cringe, especially coming from a guy like Luke, he wasn't speaking for himself, he was reading from a teleprompter and likely had very little input in what he was supposed to say, especially in a corporate apology video like that.

7 hours ago, maskmcgee said:

And when they do have the next one you'd think it would be the CEO and Luke with no Linus. 

It wouldn't surprise me. I think for the good of LTT, Linus need to take a month or two off to chill and reflect. Then come back

5 hours ago, leeatschool said:

If I may, I think the way forward with WAN is without Linus, at least right now. Linus has said stupid things, but Luke has been a rock above reproach. 

It would be comforting if it was either solo Luke, or maybe they bring Dan out, and say something along the lines of, we know what's going on, we know you want to talk about it, you know we can't, let's have a wan show, and then be as normal as possible.

I would love to see Luke and Dan take centre stage for a while. I really like both of them and what I've seen of them

4 hours ago, Erioch said:

It wasn't a joke, six nines is in reference to 99.9999% uptime, it's a common industry term. This right here is a perfect example of people overthinking the smallest of details and making mountains out of molehills.

See here if you don't believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability#:~:text=99.9999%-,("six nines"),-31.56 seconds

57 minutes ago, Noodlefu said:

It wasn't a joke, six nines is in reference to 99.9999% uptime, it's a common industry term. This right here is a perfect example of people overthinking the smallest of details and making mountains out of molehills.

See here if you don't believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability#:~:text=99.9999%-,("six nines"),-31.56 seconds

It was definitely chosen on purpose with a double meaning. Five nines is industry standard, not to mention it makes actually no sense given the context. If you take into account how the line was delivered it's pretty obvious aswell.

1 hour ago, Noodlefu said:

It was a 100% a double entendre. It's on brand for LTT.

3 hours ago, Noodlefu said:

I know what 6 9's means but when you say it and then finger guns the camera with a wink, it's a 69 joke.  And you know it.

I think it was a Really BAD decision to not do WAN this week. While its been a rough week for LMG, I think not  having them talk there and get to interact with the Fans that just wanna talk tech, was very much a let down. All they had to do at the beginning of the show was acknowledge what was going on and ask that no questions be directed on such topic. Instead just focus on healing and moving forward, and most of all Tech & News.

While all of this is sad, and we don't know 100% of everything that happened and is happening. We ALL need to be supportive and open to every idea and opinion, not be negative and fight either each other or on other Tech channels. I will still support LMG/LTT even if its just watching their content.

9 hours ago, Noodlefu said:

Are we seriously doing this again? You know it being a joke and it referring to uptime is NOT mutually exclusive right?

6 minutes ago, pschuman21 said:

I think it was a Really BAD decision to not do WAN this week. While its been a rough week for LMG, I think not  having them talk there and get to interact with the Fans that just wanna talk tech, was very much a let down. All they had to do at the beginning of the show was acknowledge what was going on and ask that no questions be directed on such topic. Instead just focus on healing and moving forward, and most of all Tech & News.

While all of this is sad, and we don't know 100% of everything that happened and is happening. We ALL need to be supportive and open to every idea and opinion, not be negative and fight either each other or on other Tech channels. I will still support LMG/LTT even if its just watching their content.

The pitchforks are still out, I think they made the smart move in not throwing more fuel on this fire. I am just totally taken back by how vicious the backlash has been. I never expected such an overreaction, and honestly I'm a little turned off to "the fans."  I seriously missed not getting a WAN show this week, but I feel like it would be super awkward anyway. Like, they can either talk about it, and have everyone pounce on them again, or NOT talk about it, so everyone  can pounce on them again for not talking about it, because now there is a giant elephant in the room! Hopefully they didn't read much of the comments, but they're hard to miss. The LTT fan base has been harboring this deep-seeded resentment for years. Not sure where it comes from, but it's kinda uncalled for. Like, if you don't like a channel, go watch somebody else! Nobody's making you participate here. If I were any of the higher ups at LMG, I'd just want to hide under my bed for a couple weeks.

I seriously keep checking back just to see if the drama's over so we can all move on with our lives. Maybe tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, pschuman21 said:

Look a bit more at the forums and what is going on and you will see that:

A) LTT follower base is far from ready to have any serious talk. Actually, it seems that very few are even capable to have serious talk without throwing tantrums, trolling and actually having attention span to listen what others are saying, little less what Linus is saying.

B) Nothing quite big happened in the tech space. Probably the biggest thing is that HP is been dragged to the court for being asshole with printers, which is 2 minute topic at most. "HP is being dragged out to court over printers requiring ink for scanner to work" "What? Now? I thought they were sued like every year for being assholes and the stereotype of awful corporation."

If you had been in the LTT community for longer you would also know that this precisely isn't a good time to let Linus anywhere public without heavy prepping and leash. He's just too much "emotions first" -person who speaks what comes to his mind without censoring and he takes things way too personally. Any criticism towards LMG productions he takes like he, himself, only he and especially he has failed completely and his first reaction is to write or speak something that he hasn't thought through and manages to make things worse.

That heavily moderated comment section that there wouldn't be multiple comments that would trigger Linus to give a rant over the current events and how he thinks LTT is "just having growing pains" (which now have lasted since they moved to the current location and got worse when they moved to daily LTT uploads and even worse with the newer channels and Creator Warehouse). We can think about Linus making unmoderated public viewing maybe at the point the daily new accusations and drama starters have stopped and the main thread doesn't get a new reply nearly every minute because then the majority of the crowd has had enough and moved to dramatize something else. And that heavily moderated WAN show wouldn't really be worthy of been WAN show.

I really think LTT/LMG's best option is to shut up about it, have a good think,  and later publish a written response rather than a video that addresses only the salient points raised by GN. All the peripheral stuff, red herrings and fan fantasies/disdain expressed online should be ignored and left unaddressed.  All the expressions bile and support should be off the table as far as the response goes.

Basically, there needs to be a grown-up in the room. But where, in a couple of YouTube channels dedicated to toys and what amounts to infantile pursuits, is a grown-up to be found?

1 hour ago, gargamel314 said:

Hopefully they didn't read much of the comments

Translation: "Don't take any feedback". 

1 hour ago, gargamel314 said:

Like, if you don't like a channel, go watch somebody else! Nobody's making you participate here.

Mister Gotcha | The Nib

47 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

Translation: "Don't take any feedback". 

Mister Gotcha | The Nib

I think they have plenty of feedback at this point. Most of those comments are straight up abusive and filled with personal attacks instead of actual constructive criticism. The quality of this feedback is pretty low.

And yeah, okay, all these trolls should just continue to force themselves to watch this channel that they've been hating on for years now, because that just makes so much sense. @Sacha2d clearly knows best here.

10 minutes ago, gargamel314 said:

I think they have plenty of feedback at this point. Most of those comments are straight up abusive and filled with personal attacks instead of actual constructive criticism. The quality of this feedback is pretty low.

And yeah, okay, all these trolls should just continue to force themselves to watch this channel that they've been hating on for years now, because that just makes so much sense. @Sacha2d clearly knows best here.

I have been enjoying the content for many years, but I will still demand change. (And not always in a nice way!)

3 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

I have been enjoying the content for many years, but I will still demand change. (And not always in a nice way!)

The quality of the feedback they are getting right now in most of these threads is...well.  non-existent.

To put it succinctly, most of our opinions, questions, and suggestions are worthless and I fully expect them to treat it as such.