Far Cry 4 Officially Announced!

Coombzy

Well its happening guys Far Cry 4 is coming this fall (November)  :D and from the box art it does look to be set in the Himalayas hopefully it retains the Far Cry 3 gameplay and adds more but is not just a "DLC feel". I for one am extremely excited for the game I loved Far Cry 3 and left wanting more. I also hope we see a lot of the game at E3 next month!

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

g3CCK3m.png

More detailed look at the box art:

FC4_KEYART_PACK-610x722.jpg

Far Cry 4 will be released this fall for current- and last-gen platforms (minus Wii U), Ubisoft announced during a financial presentation today.P

This is a sequel to 2012's successful Far Cry 3. Based on that box art, looks like those rumors of the game being set in the Himalayas were true.PSou

IGN:

Far Cry 4 is set in the Kyrat, a fictional Himalayan region ruled by “a despotic self-appointed king,” confirming an earlier rumor. Whether or not Drive 

Executive producer Dan Hay said Ubisoft Montreal, who is leading development on Far Cry 4, “wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise and exceed fan expectations.” Ubisoft likely won’t say much until E3 in June, but as usual, Far Cry 4 revolves around weapons, animals, vehicles to allow players to create and tell emergent stories.

Source: http://kotaku.com/far-cry-4-announced-for-november-release-1576873742?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Source 2:http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/far-cry-4-announced-for-2014?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Aww baby, I can't wait :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

so it is... cool!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

yes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It happens in the Himalayas and there's ride able elephants 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

oh cool they got that wiki leaks guy in it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm really hoping that's not the genuine cover art....

It is Ubisoft just posted it on all the social feeds.

*sigh*...They need to cut previous generation support for the new games to move forward.

I'll probably buy it, but god, it looks like something from Saint's Row.

All the comments on those feeds are so... it's Saints Row in the mountains right...

*sigh*...They need to cut previous generation support for the new games to move forward.

No the "next gen" consoles are still new and support for the old ones is still going to come for years to come, Sony made the PS2 die a few years back do you think the PS3 is going anywhere fast... and Microsoft is continuing support for the Xbox 360 till 2016.

They do this every generation silly. Heck, Fifa 14 was on the ps2 :P

They'll move forward, just give it a little bit of time.  ;)

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

alot of bright colors,  how much tripping will there be

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

alot of bright colors,  how much tripping will there be

If it's like Far Cry 3 probably a lot of trippy stuff is to come perhaps even more.

No the "next gen" consoles are still new and support for the old ones is still going to come for years to come yet.

I do understand the reasoning to be on as many platforms as possible. But it does split development resources and can limit the games them selves. Arkham Knights is a good example with the Batmobile taking up a little under 200mb of ram which is close to half of what the ps3/360 have for an entire game.

Suppose I'd probably have a different point of view if I didn't already have a ps4 :P

I'm pretty excited for this game, Far Cry 3 was really fun game.

Wonder how they will build upon it, and what will be changed.

I'd love some more vehicle options, have a bit more choice of how to get around. 

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No that is the rumour/leak this is the official announcement that happened today.

no it was all confirmed...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

no it was all confirmed...

Ubisoft did not officially announce the release date or cover art then it was speculation and leaks.