Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

Who in the F cares?  If you're not an alt you're not an alt.  You're still as sexist as the other poster though for coming in guns blazing and frankly I'm done with all the sexist nonsense.  Keep it out of tech!

Once again, how in the name of fuck am I sexist??? You are the only person in this thread calling me sexist. You have an obligation to explain or take the L.

Just now, Master Link said:

- Doesn't apparently understand slang either.

Agsgdhahah that has to be sexist.

How will I ever recover. Btw breathing is sexist too. So you're really going two for two on the cancelled list.

Just now, shrimpboyho3 said:

I won't even bother discussing the viability of believing all allegations. I believe all allegations should be taken seriously.

However I agree, this clown OP is the type of person to call everything and anything sexist.

Allegations that has merit and can be proved, SHOULD be taken seriously, always.

[not talking about medison here] I outright cancel every single "victim" that instead of going to the authorities, goes to twitter or facebook and writes a sob story.

If someone mistreated you or assaulted you and instead of police you choose Twitter, I don't believe you.
You just looking for attention, to ruin someone's life/business and 90% you also look for a way to monetize this, because what comes next is a fundraiser to help the "poor soul".

Go to police, file a report and then if you decide to go public, do it.

3 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

Look, I was incendiary in my reply to you. My intention isn't to be rude. Not really. You just came in swinging so I matched the energy. But my point against you is the same as what I said to the other guy. I do not condone harassment of anyone, fucking obviously, but you say she is "known" to be prone to SI, when this is not the case. You do not "know" anything, just like she hasn't "demonstrated" anything. All we have are assertions. Be courteous to her, take the allegations seriously and investigate, but do not decide to destroy someone's company and life until and unless there is sufficient evidence. How is this an unreasonable standard? 

The point is not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is that any of us are continuing to discuss this at all. As you say we don't know anything. This was an HR issue before it even broke out here, and now that we know that self-harm is a potential action, we should all STFU and let the process work.

1 minute ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

I was not aware that had transpired till earlier today, I knew the community could be toxic, but I was not remotely aware of how bad it was.

1 minute ago, _Hexenhammer_ said:

Allegations that has merit and can be proved, SHOULD be taken seriously, always.

[not talking about medison here] I outright cancel every single "victim" that instead of going to the authorities, goes to twitter or facebook and writes a sob story.

If someone mistreated you or assaulted you and instead of police you choose Twitter, I don't believe you.
You just looking for attention, to ruin someone's life/business and 90% you also look for a way to monetize this, because what comes next is a fundraiser to help the "poor soul".

Go to police, file a report and then if you decide to go public, do it.

Honestly, this is debatable. Every case is different, and thus I feel we should treat both sides with basic civil respect.

Sure, you may be correct in some cases, but not all. Just be decent people.

Just now, Datrat said:

And what evidence do you have? Huh? Most of the details aren't public? Oh gee, I wonder why no one has concrete evidence???

That is the whole point of the 3rd party investigation, and I am completely within my rights to listen to the victim's story. Will I make final conclusions based on one side of the story we have available? No, I will not. Though that does not seem to be the feelings of most people on the internet.

I have no evidence, which is why I'm withholding judgment. Jesus Christ, you people are as bad creationists. It boggles the mind! You are the ones making assertions, saying she has "demonstrated" something (she hasn't), she is "known" to be prone to something (she isn't), as if you were Laplace's demon. This level of doggedness defies explanation. 

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

I'm not even gonna entertain this anymore.

Don't dish what you can't take, simple as that.  You came, you tried, you failed, you cried!  🙂

I'm begging you to please define "sexism"

You have failed to do so. I have asked you multiple times. 

1 minute ago, foetoid said:

we should all STFU and let the process work.

Which was my original point. Do not pass judgment until you have evidence. Even if you don't like it, that basic courtesy of an enlightenment democracy extends to Linus as well. 

6 minutes ago, I Just Want Ram Drives said:

This story sound like fantasy

4 minutes ago, Datrat said:

I was not aware that had transpired till earlier today, I knew the community could be toxic, but I was not remotely aware of how bad it was.

While the community can be toxic, if it's any consolation, there is no evidence for that either. 

3 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

I have no evidence, which is why I'm withholding judgment. Jesus Christ, you people are as bad creationists. It boggles the mind! You are the ones making assertions, saying she has "demonstrated" something (she hasn't), she is "known" to be prone to something (she isn't), as if you were Laplace's demon. This level of doggedness defies explanation. 

Y'know what, I think I missed your actual argument and saw you satirizing someone else's. My apologies, I just got off work and evidently misread something along the way. But I must be off to bed.

13 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

Again, you don't know that, because you have no evidence. 

18 minutes ago, castlev said:

She came out publicly unprovoked. Like years after she quit LTT.

So you think because you didn’t see the provocations. That there is no evidence? 

so your response to that is to make a claim against her with actual zero evidence?

Every time she streams she is it’s brought up by some chatter. The new drama made it worse, like it always would. 

you and castlev do not get to make the accusations that she has no evidence, with zero evidence other then your own personal ignorance 

3 minutes ago, shrimpboyho3 said:

I'm begging you to please define "sexism"

You have failed to do so. I have asked you multiple times. 

he cant, he just follows the "playbook"

3 minutes ago, Datrat said:

And what evidence do you have? Huh? Most of the details aren't public? Oh gee, I wonder why no one has concrete evidence???

That is the whole point of the 3rd party investigation, and I am completely within my rights to listen to the victim's story. Will I make final conclusions based on one side of the story we have available? No, I will not. Though that does not seem to be the feelings of most people on the internet.

Can we please both agree that neither of you have evidence? NONE OF US have evidence. It is pointless trying to blame LMG for harassment or Madison for faking it UNTIL we have evidence.

Right now we need to be taking this situation seriously. We shouldn't be backing or believing either side at face value. There needs to be an investigation. We also shouldn't dismiss either side. It is VERY possible with how many things had to go wrong for the Billet Labs situation to unfold the way it did that their HR system was equally mismanaged. It is also possible she is making up some or even all of her allegations.

This is not for us to decide. We need to give both sides the benefit of the doubt until we get some concrete evidence.

Just now, _Hexenhammer_ said:

he cant, he just follow the "playbook"

follows*

Just now, starsmine said:

So you think because you didn’t see the provocations. That there is no evidence? 

so your response to that is to make a claim against her with actual zero evidence?

Every time she streams she is it’s brought up by some chatter. The new drama made it worse, like it always would. 

you do not get to make the accusations that she has no evidence, with zero evidence other then your own personal ignorance 

1. Some evidence may exist, but we do not currently have access to it, meaning we cannot form a justified belief about it. 

2. I never made a claim against her. 

3. I do get to make that claim because I do not need evidence to assert the null hypothesis. This is basic logic. Are you completely uneducated? 

4. I'm wrong to assert we have no evidence? Okay then. In that case, you have the easiest job in the world then. Show the evidence. Come on. Make me look stupid in front of this whole forum. Bring it. 

3 minutes ago, Datrat said:

Y'know what, I think I missed your actual argument and saw you satirizing someone else's. My apologies, I just got off work and evidently misread something along the way. But I must be off to bed.

No worries. Good night. 

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

you and castlav do not get to make the accusations that she has no evidence, with zero evidence other then your own personal ignorance 

Everything she posted on twitter is allegations, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

Exactly.  She made the allegation.  LMG needs to investigate, and she needs to get her own counsel and any help the govt of BC offers in this kind of situation to get to the bottom of it.  IF any part of this is true these are a pattern of offenses that demand someone being fired.   Hank Scorpio style. 

2 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

Can we please both agree that neither of you have evidence? 

This has been my argument from the beginning. You are trying to get me to agree to something I already agree with. 

Just now, Uttamattamakin said:

Exactly.  She made the allegation.  LMG needs to investigate, and she needs to get her own counsel and any help the govt of BC offers in this kind of situation to get to the bottom of it.  IF any part of this is true these are a pattern of offenses that demand someone being fired.   Hank Scorpio style. 

If she was actually sexually harassed, the perpetrator belongs in prison for a long time.