Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

1 hour ago, Reclus said:

Please read your own post. You have described exactly what Madison's testimony looks like to a person that requires evidence:

- I'm basing this off the fact that she's using anecdotal evidence to attempt a point that LMG lied or faked things. Not to mention telling a bunch of strangers online about her boss and his company and their issues. It's not like we only have one side of the story -

are you ignoring the other ex lmg staff that corroborated her story?

6 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

This is keeping a loop 🤣🤣

They did not corroborate the incident happened they corroborate that madison story consistent 

4 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

It does but it does not corroborate that the accident happened

Or they bear witness to it

It does corroborate that she believe it is happened and he story is consistent

But as I said someone can be confident but false at the same time

It is better to see the investigation result

Hinging the validity of madisons statements on an "internal investigation" or an investigation run by a group *chosen and paid for by LTT* is just sad. If LTT was willing to brush this under the rug for so long (along with what GN revealed), do you really think they wouldn't just pay off an investigator and lie to protect their public image? Liers have inconsistencies in their story and their stories will change from moment to moment. This means she is *LIKELY* not lying.. assuming she is "confidently lying" with 0 reasons behind it is just grasping at straws.

12 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

Read the posts above.

5 minutes ago, ArcVult said:

Hinging the validity of madisons statements on an "internal investigation" or an investigation run by a group *chosen and paid for by LTT* is just sad. If LTT was willing to brush this under the rug for so long (along with what GN revealed), do you really think they wouldn't just pay off an investigator and lie to protect their public image? Liers have inconsistencies in their story and their stories will change from moment to moment. This means she is *LIKELY* not lying.. assuming she is "confidently lying" with 0 reasons behind it is just grasping at straws.

It is an independent 3rd party.

It can be any organization even NGO that deal with woman issue

i am not saying Madison lied, I believe that she is confident about her story and she believe it to be true.

The reality is people can be confidently wrong as well.

4 hours ago, 5tranger said:

Ultimately, it’s Linus’s fault. From the way that it sounds her being hired was largely based on community demands. Did he follow the normal procedures for hiring her? (candidate vetting, interviews, etc.) Madison did mention it was a surprise she was hired.  If procedures were not followed, Linus ultimately put Madison, himself, and his company in danger of something like this happening.

The more I find out about this and the other situations, the more I realize Linus should have stepped down as CEO years ago. Probably he should have stepped down as CEO the night he went live at home (1-22-2020) because he was questioning his professional future and subsequently created the “sad Linus” meme.

I am of the same opinion.

It seems he knew he wasn't capable, wanted Terren as a CEO, but because he was never available, Linus just kept going.

I understand his position, he wanted someone of trust, that could handle Linus, and that understood Linus' vision for the company.

In the end, all of this is the result of a company growing too much too fast, under a CEO who admits he doesn't have the knowledge or patience for the usual CEO demands, and never was able to shake the "swim or die" mentality from when they were a small company.

He wanted a culture of everybody is everybody's friends, everybody joking and having a good time, but that doesn't work when you reach 40, 50, 60 people, because at that point, you stop knowing everybody there, and you start having people who are there not because it's a cool company, but because it's a job.

Bringing Terren was the right choice, and it's clear why Linus wanted him there, but it's also clear that they needed a more experienced and professional CEO than Linus a long time ago.

15 minutes ago, Cooldoe said:

This is keeping a loop 🤣🤣

They did not corroborate the incident happened they corroborate that madison story consistent 

They did tho, though you are cherry-picking parts of her statement and the definition of the word corroborate by saying "Nah they didn't corroborate parts of her claims, therefore, their statements are useless." do you really think 2 ex-staff would risk their public image to associate themselves with her claims because she was "confidently lying". Do you genuinely think that Tarren and Colin would involve themselves in this just because "he helped her add some ram to her PC"? Does the fact that an editor had to take time out of his day to add ram to her PC to help her do her JOB because the company ignored her requests isn't concerning you? honestly, you're being intentionally dense which is exactly why this conversation is in a loop. but logic isn't getting through to you so we just have to repeat basic points just to acknowledge important parts of these claims (ex-employees CORROBERATING HER CLAIMS)

43 minutes ago, ArcVult said:

taran said she confided in him and told him what happened to her and he says that her story has stayed consistent even years later. the ram part is a small part that shows at least some of what she is saying is undeniably true.

She wrote a 60 tweet story consisting of both mundane and controversial parts, of course some of the mundane parts would be true, including that she needed to tweet 3 times a day.

The thing is there are 0 collaborations and evidence of the crimes/controversies she alleges happened

9 minutes ago, ArcVult said:

They did tho, though you are cherry-picking parts of her statement and the definition of the word corroborate by saying "Nah they didn't corroborate parts of her claims, therefore, their statements are useless." do you really think 2 ex-staff would risk their public image to associate themselves with her claims because she was "confidently lying". Do you genuinely think that Tarren and Colin would involve themselves in this just because "he helped her add some ram to her PC"? Does the fact that an editor had to take time out of his day to add ram to her PC to help her do her JOB because the company ignored her requests isn't concerning you? honestly, you're being intentionally dense which is exactly why this conversation is in a loop. but logic isn't getting through to you so we just have to repeat basic points just to acknowledge important parts of these claims (ex-employees CORROBERATING HER CLAIMS)

I am not cherry picking their post

They choose to 'specifically' mention that they did not see the incident

I am not saying madison is lying either

I am saying she could be wrong. Which is a different situation.

To be clear I am not saying this is what happened to Madison but I have seen a lady mistakenly though she is being touch by a guy but in reality she bump into a statue or plant.

Again I am not saying that what happen

And the ram issue is not a concern for me. It is normal in corporate setting that the service team is busy doing other work or there a proper guideline need to be followed before the chance can happen

1 hour ago, Cooldoe said:

Err for sales, your sales target is your whole jobs. If you miss your target then you did not meet the work expectations.

This is not how it works. A salary is counterintuitively not paid for success but the time spent working. You will always have higher and lower performing employees. That's why in sales you will commonly find low salaries and commission for sales.

If an employee is lollygagging or spends their time surfing the web instead of acquiring customers, than it's a violation of duty which can lead to an warning letter. If said employee is just very slow doing their tasks, the employer can do very little. That's why you have probation and low entry salaries, so the employee and the employer can validate the job and job performance respectively.

5 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

This is not how it works. A salary is counterintuitively not paid for success but the time spent working. You will always have higher and lower performing employees. That's why in sales you will commonly find low salaries and commission for sales.

If an employee is lollygagging or spends their time surfing the web instead of acquiring customers, than it's a violation of duty which can lead to an warning letter. If said employee is just very slow doing their tasks, the employer can do very little. That's why you have probation and low entry salaries, so the employee and the employer can validate the job and job performance respectively.

In Sales you have a minimum target and commission target.

If you cannot hit your minimum target you are literally costing your company money as your salary directly related to the minimum target you must hit.

This is disclosed before you accept the job.

<quoted comment deleted>

I think I already clearly state my arguments that madison can be confidently wrong and your statement that colin and taran corroborate there are sexual abuse is a stretch.

Because both of them specifically said they did not see it happen

40 minutes ago, ArcVult said:

I read your word.  You said them or are you saying you did not say those words?

did you not make ad hominem attacks against someone?

And why are you so mad?  Your angry won’t change anything so why be mad?

Funny how quickly the sentiment can change from "Trust me bro!" to "Why should i trust you bro?". It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of these allegations. It's kind of funny how LTT took it upon themself to "light fires" at several other ignorant or stagnant companies and now suddenly they have their own fire to extinguish.

I don't know if i believe everything that Madison is talking about, but i believe one thing: Working at a media company is extremely stressful. Stressful enough that this alone is probably reason enough why quite a few people search for a way out. A few of the Intel Extreme Tech upgrades were exactly that: A final financial boost to get the equipment to leave the company.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'm aware that this dead horse has probably been beaten up already in this thread, but I still gotta give my 2 cents.

Madison's allegations are very sus. Companies with gigantic workloads and toxic cultures like she's describing tend to have high employee turnover rates (I've seen it quite a few times), for obvious reasons. And yet LMG has a ton of loyal faces who have been there for years? It just doesn't add up.

She also deliberately injured herself to get some days off work? WTF is she, a soldier in Vietnam? It's just a job and you're living in a 1st world country, just take your frickin sick days like a normal person. The other allegations sound like she's just throwing shit at the wall to see sticks. Provide proof or GTFO.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

This is kinda related to other threads, but I didn't really see anyone talking about it in those.

This morning while reading the news I noticed that the LMG controversy in an article from the CBC!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/linus-tech-tips-youtube-controversy-1.6940087

I was very surprised that this was national news worthy.

At the same time I noticed an email from a friend I hadn't corresponded to in a few years.

They basically sent me a few links (GN videos, Reddit posts etc) and had a list of LMG past sponsors and contact emails/numbers and asked that I join them in contacting these entities.

In the hopes of enough pressure to get them to stop sponsoring LMG.

This is.....shocking to say the least and another example cancel culture. This might be the beginning of the end for LMG to be honest, not sure how they could survive without their sponsors. Maybe let a bunch of people go and scale back again? Give up on (very expensive) Labs?? (What GN apparently would love).

This was only a handful of people in my personal circle, but the fact that these people who never watch LTT content, are willing to participate in this is disturbing.

Good luck LMG, hopefully you weather this storm.

Oh and if Madison's accusations turn out to be true, I hope those involved get fired. And if they turn out to be not true/exaggerated/taken out of context, I hope she gets sued.

If there is any substance (Fact) to the accusations then it's really not a case of "Cancer Culture" doing it's thing, instead it would be well deserved so the thing about that would be negated in that case.

If not then yes, it's a case of "Cancer Culture" doing what it does worst as expected of it.

We don't know all the facts, only what each side has said publicly about it and acting purely on these accusations instead of facts would be wrong to do.
There is no one here that "Knows" what "The Facts" are unless they were part of/directly involved in said "Incidents" that ATM are alleged.
Note "Alleged" (He said, she said) is the reality of it ATM.

To discover what the real deal is..... That's a job for investigators, lawyers and courts to uncover - Which as big as this has blown up to be, we will know something as fact sooner or later.

Just grab a bucket of popcorn and wait for the "Real" show to start instead of trashing each other in the thread.... Please.

It's not like any of you were involved to go after each other.....
Or were you?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

40 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

Companies with gigantic workloads and toxic cultures like she's describing tend to have high employee turnover rates (I've seen it quite a few times), for obvious reasons. And yet LMG has a ton of loyal faces who have been there for years?

To be fair, we don't actually know what their turnover rate is. New hires aren't allowed to be on camera at least until they've passed probation, and even then some rarely, if ever, appear.

Think about it - out of 120 employees currently, how many can you name without looking them up? It's not a ton.

I'm not suggesting they do have high turnover necessarily, or low turnover either. I'm just saying we probably can't draw any useful conclusions from the handful of people we see regularly on camera.

3 minutes ago, Mertrodome said:

To be fair, we don't actually know what their turnover rate is. New hires aren't allowed to be on camera at least until they've passed probation, and even then some rarely, if ever, appear.

Think about it - out of 120 employees currently, how many can you name without looking them up? It's not a ton.

I'm not suggesting they do have high turnover necessarily, or low turnover either. I'm just saying we probably can't draw any useful conclusions from the handful of people we see regularly on camera.

Fair enough.

That being said, LMG has been around for a long time now. If they had very high employee turnover rates due to overwork, we probably would've heard something about it by now. Not saying it can't be true, just that the allegations are really sus. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 hour ago, Giganthrax said:

LMG has a ton of loyal faces who have been there for years

Not to argue against you, but how many female faces has been there for many years besides Yvonne and Sarah? Even if it's a few more, the percentage of women with long careers in LMG is probably not a lot.

6 hours ago, ArcVult said:

Third party auditors rely on their ability to be honest and thorough. If word gets out that they're willing to be paid to give a specific finding, their reputation sinks and no one will hire them. There are only a handful of companies here in the Vancouver area that does this sort of investigation and everyone knows everyone else in the industry. It would become its own little scandal here if that happens here. It would be a pretty safe bet that an audit will be done properly. Whether that report is publicly released is another matter, since it might fall under legal and HR matters that can't be given to the masses due to privacy laws. LMG might release a highly sanitized summary to avoid any legal hurdles but, from the audits I've seen, even that isn't a given.

My work goes through multiple audits every year - accounting, inventory, HR & ER, safety, and more. Both governmental (ie: WorksafeBC) and private companies (think KPMG but other companies instead.) These are done regardless of if there's an incident or not. We're a private company so it's not like we have shareholders to placate. These are done to ensure everything is in the up-and-up legally speaking, and to help with insurance. I know my team is always honest with any issues that pop up and shares that info with the auditors.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

6 hours ago, ArcVult said:

or an investigation run by a group *chosen and paid for by LTT* is just sad.

You think a third party investigator will be a fan of Linus and will side with LTT, or do you think the investigator is paid by LMG for a positive spin on the investigation?

This assumes the 3rd party is willing to forego their professional reputation for this. 

Yeah, lots of professionals and companies will work for some YouTuber and risk their professional career and business reputation in a high profile case. 

2 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

She also deliberately injured herself to get some days off work? WTF is she, a soldier in Vietnam? It's just a job and you're living in a 1st world country, just take your frickin sick days like a normal person. The other allegations sound like she's just throwing shit at the wall to see sticks. Provide proof or GTFO.

Well I mean that's why it's important to note that the allegations have been consistent since she has left her work.

Also, if your workplace employer is essentially saying "oh you are sick, power through it" or in general not believing you in your ailments; I could understand how someone could mentally be in a place of self harm to have an excuse that can't be refuted.  During COVID; one of the places I formerly worked at, I got work from the ex-employees that if any of them took time off they would pretty much be reprimanded  and if it's extended time off their names would be submitted for the next line of layoffs.

2 hours ago, Giganthrax said:

Madison's allegations are very sus. Companies with gigantic workloads and toxic cultures like she's describing tend to have high employee turnover rates (I've seen it quite a few times), for obvious reasons. And yet LMG has a ton of loyal faces who have been there for years? It just doesn't add up.

Well I think it's also important to note that many of the things like SH and SA are things that females face more in the tech world; and in essentially a club filled with guys (it shouldn't be it is).  As such, when the majority of people you see happen to be males; you wouldn't necessarily know whether or not it's toxic or not (and to an extent some females are also okay with some type of lewd type of humor, there was someone in my work where she would be the one who starts the jokes like that...but a lot of the time it's not).

To address the turn-over comment a bit more as well, you have to understand that as an employee working for a media company you don't necessarily want to burn the bridges; and in cases where it's your first real big job you def. don't.  With that said, I can think of 3 former female ex-employees; where 2 of them has had something bad to say to an extent.

There is Madison, but also Chelsea (her tweet from back in the day has been deleted though).  There was still something that I always found sus about Max' leave, but no comments and she appears to still have a good relationship with some of the LTT team.  The thing that I think could be telling if true though, in the CSF video where Max did her final bit; there's the mention that she's not compensated for her manicures/etc at all (despite her being the hand model); there was also the weirdness where it's the whole bit where they claim she's leaving because she's moving away when in reality she was only leaving for a few months then coming back to Vancouver.

Even in some of the videos of the employees, there seems to be a sentiment that the workload is set really high or don't have enough time to do things; which would be roughly in line with what she has also said.

25 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

You think a third party investigator will be a fan of Linus and will side with LTT, or do you think the investigator is paid by LMG for a positive spin on the investigation?

This assumes the 3rd party is willing to forego their professional reputation for this. 

Yeah, lots of professionals and companies will work for some YouTuber and risk their professional career and business reputation in a high profile case. 

I would say it depends.  If it is a 3rd party, and a reputable one then there won't be an issue....but if lets say the 3rd party isn't announced; and they just release the findings without saying who the 3rd party will be then I could see it being swayed.

It's why I think a lot of this stuff has to be publicly released (like the report), otherwise it could be swayed.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

32 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Unfortunately they do exist and would do so.....
If the $$ is right.

That applies to investigators AND lawyers too.

It's the same thing as "More risk, more reward" and some would actually be motivated to "Get in on it" because with all the attention it's received, it's a high(er) profile case.

If you were a lawyer and won this, that would be a huge pick up for their rep and they'd be able to assume a higher profile meaning more $$ per case because they have proven themselves as being "That good".

An investigating team could claim the same and get higher profile work which obviously pays more too. If you're the one that "Got to the bottom" of a case and dug out all the facts, your own professional standing would go up and so would the fees you could charge for the same basic reasons stated earlier.

It's really not a case of what the issue is, it's who's got the nads to take it on if asked to because they know all the risks involved and they should, it's the their profession to know it and you are correct in one thing - It's also their rep on the line when they do and they know that too.

EDIT:
Laugh all you want - It's the truth and we both know it, esp when you're talking $$. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

13 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Laugh all you want - It's the truth and we both know it, esp when you're talking $$. 

Reputation and impartiality is the business, if you forgo that, you are out of business.