Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

Just now, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

Most of the things she said are likely true while maybe over exaggerated. I'm sure that "internal investigation" will find nothing and like most work-place related incidents nothing will ever be proven. But as someone who worked in a toxic environment before where the management is conveniently oblivious to problems they don't feel like addressing I feel for her. I was a viewer for almost a decade but I feel dirty being here so I'm deleting my account. Have fun!

I feel like there will be employees speaking openly to this third-party company given that it will likely be anonymous. Whether in agreement or opposition of the allegations that have been made.

I sincerely hope not but hearing how toxic the workplace was while it was still smaller with just a few dozen people…

—-

Read this, then delete before posting

For topics related to the recent LMG controversies, please use an existing thread rather than starting a new thread. New threads discussing these issues may be merged, locked or removed without warning.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

6 minutes ago, zoopers said:

You know that going to court isn't private, right? It would come out and fans would rip her apart. Like they already are.

Which is exactly what's happening and why she took this opportunity to go public. She was hoping that with the existing controversy, the heat on her wouldn't be as high. Do you know how terrifying it is to speak up about workplace abuse when the company has a lot more power and influence in the industry? None of you would take her seriously if she came out with this BEFORE the controversy broke either.

If the allegations are true, if you are a victim of maltreatment, you go the right way and make sure that the one/ones which are responsible will never get to do that again, legally, to anyone.

If you get threatened by a mob, you make use of legal ways to notify that, not create a different mob to fight the one that already exists.

Going to court implies that evidence exists that can prove the allegations and regardless of LMG's reach all thrid parties would try to get out of it.

Beside that, if going to court is public, writting it on X is not? The mob vanishes on X? The ones that are braindead and threaten appear only when a court case is raised?

The actions taken by Madison are a bit infantile and given her age can be expected.

The problem is that she is shutting doors for herself by going this route and it's a pitty as she still has a long way to go on this earth.

12 minutes ago, zoopers said:

Which is exactly what's happening and why she took this opportunity to go public. She was hoping that with the existing controversy, the heat on her wouldn't be as high. Do you know how terrifying it is to speak up about workplace abuse when the company has a lot more power and influence in the industry? None of you would take her seriously if she came out with this BEFORE the controversy broke either.

The saddest part about this, regardless if she's in the wrong or the right, nothing good for her will come out of this. You can turn this any way you want; she will lose. If she got advice from anybody to post this (which I doubt, just reading through it and by the nature of her wording), she really got some ill advice there. If it was a spur-of-the-moment, it will get her some sympathy, maybe some nice and comforting comments, but in the long run, it will just reduce herself and her public persona to this entire affair. The girl that accused Linus. And since there will probably never be a definitive wrong or right with the entire affair, she has connected herself to LTT with this for the lifetime of her posts.

I don't think there is a good way for her to handle this, but in the long run there might have been better options for her to consider. Maybe that was just the thing she had to do.

I doubt that we will see a lot from Linus on this, simply because there is no reason for LMG or Linus personally to jump in front of this bus. Give it a couple of weeks, and the internet has moved on.

1 minute ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

have you never worked a job before?  How would you bring receipts to sexual harassment allegations?  How often you walk around your work place with a recorder?

Madison: quick colton repeat what you just told me but say it louder and into this audio recorder

Colton: Sure no problem. 

You must never have worked a job or you fried the last 2 brain cells you have up there. 

You do know that voice recorders are a thing and that every phone in the last 20ish years also has a voice recorder function?

I mostly lurk but I feel I have to say something here

Having been in a position of management, sometimes thing happen in the team you are unaware of, a resignation you thought was not great but ok, might end up having been for reason you weren’t aware of and could not have been and would have horrified you if you’d know

Madison is a young lass who felt that LMG was a big fish that could crush he, she didn’t want to fight into a fight for het mental health reasons, and that’s totally understandable

sometimes it takes an organisation being shown to have issues, for someone to have the confidence to say what their experience was and feel like the might be listened to

LTTs response has been good, a third part investigator is the right thing

they should to be frank end all discussion of the topic in official channels, because it’s being dealt with, and that process should be done properly and by the book, comments here are unhelpful and many are frankly rather disgusting 

So come one, let’s end this discussion, and allow the process to take place 

25 minutes ago, Anders155 said:

so.. leaked meeting audio the day after she left. Yikes.

I posted this word for word on the subreddit when this leaked 5 months ago, and I stand by it: 

This all seems completely reasonable to me. If they had an employee who had an issue and felt like they had no where to turn, the highest level must make it explicitly clear what options are available; all the way up to coming to them directly.

That's how it typically works within a corporate structure. Give a wide array of available options for employees to turn when they have an issue. I see a good leader here, who recognized there was an issue he wasn't aware of, and immediately made it clear that he wants to be aware of these things.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I understand the joke just fine, it was a SaaS joke turned into a innuendo joke by the way it was said and pointing at the camera.

The angry mob are the ones taking sides with LMG on this, LMG isn't your friend.

Making jokes in a serious video, especially innuendo is in bad taste for what should be a serious apology video.

Also here's the definition of innuendo, in case people don't know what that means.

snip.png

Yes. you are absolutely correct. I am "siding" with LMG from yesterday....

Brought to you by the same people that read tweets without evidence and scream murder.

I'm sure you can find more in the apology video than just Luke's lustful joke.

Bring it on. It makes your point a lot more serious.

4 minutes ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

have you never worked a job before?  How would you bring receipts to sexual harassment allegations?  How often you walk around your work place with a recorder?

Madison: quick colton repeat what you just told me but say it louder and into this audio recorder

You must never have worked a job or you fried the last 2 brain cells you have up there. 

You can literally buy a spy pen that works as a real pen, and records audio with a simple click of the cap, for under 20 bucks on ebay. Most people who work in tech would know this.

10 minutes ago, yoc said:

Just heard about the HR meeting that took place after Madison departure... What the fuck? 
Is it real?

Let me rephrase it, you guys are not aware of this...

...or, if you are, can you tell me if it is real or some detail that I've missed?

This font is amazing.

5 minutes ago, theboysinthewoodz said:

The Sexual Harrassment allegations you take to the police, and if you were to read her post you can see that isn't the only allegation against LMG. But I'm happy you can cherry pick arguments.

If she was demeaned, if she was taunted or whatever, especially in an email, that would suffice. She has done none of that. And I'm not one to believe what anyone accuses anyone of at face value unless there is hard proof.

I've worked at several jobs. One of which I recorded discreetly as my boss ripped my team a new one for missing the timetable of a project by hours, not days but hours (which had no impact on the project's delivery). It's not that hard to do. Especially if you know the people around you are pricks. Any phone after the iPhone 3G has had this function built in.

3 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Read this, then delete before posting

lol

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, ProbablyNotFidel said:

Yeah, it was totally a 69 joke. And a SaaS reference. I don't know why people are trying to act like it wasn't. I was surprised there wasn't a 420 reference, too. 

That said, his joke, the "sponsor spots", Colton alluding to being fired, Nick Nick half-heartedly plugging merch - honestly just rings of them trying to add a bit of "look, it's still an ltt video," while trying to add levity. I had no problem with it. I can see they were trying to balance between seriousness and trying to not look like "this is scripted and none of us actually believe in this."

I feel after today's events, they likely should edit that part out.

Yeah I think they should at least edit out the 69 joke, given the allegations that were brought up, LMG can easily edit their videos and I had no idea that some channels have enough power with youtube to edit their videos and even replace the video entirely without losing the amount of views of the video, until GN brought it up in their video.

27 minutes ago, hassam222 said:

Minus James joke at the end, it is a bog standard HR meeting that happens across hundreds of offices around the world every day. I should know, I sit through one every year.

I agree with you on the speech itself being a pretty standard affair in the corporate world. I think the main takeaway people are getting from the audio is that it seems to align with what Madison is alleging. 

1 minute ago, KOAO said:

Or you record the harassment, knowing that it happens often? Or you save the emails?
I knew someone that saved any emails of them being demeaned by her superior. One HR meeting later that superior was shown the door.

Are you dense?

You realise that in her twitter thread she talks about things that happen irl and not over emails.

Also she is a foreigner and very likely does not know that Canada only requires one party to consent for recordings. Plus how are you going to hide a camera so you can record the harassment? She gets caught with a camera, she is probably going to have to deal with being told off for it

✨FNIGE✨

2 minutes ago, Neroon said:

TIP-SHEET-Sexual-harassment-CRCVC.pdf

"Can someone be charged criminally for sexual harassment? Sexual harassment is criminal in nature when the harassment involves attempted or actual physical assault, including sexual assault, or threats of an assault. This also includes situations of stalking, otherwise known as “criminal harassment”. If you are forced into any sexual act against your will or you are touched in a sexual way without your consent, the harasser may be guilty of sexual assault. If this situation happened to you, you can report it to the police who will investigate the matter further." 

Fair point. I do infact understand that police may be involved in this. What I mean but didn't correctly articulate because this whole thread has been people saying the same stuff over and over about how police must be involved otherwise it's a somehow all a lie is that there is no requirement for the police to have been involved. There is no requirement for lawyers to be retained or involved.

We also don't know that police hadn't been involved, but if they had it seemingly didn't end up in arrests.

Personally, I think we should just be sticking with the facts of what has been brought forth so far. I don't see any benefit to extrapolating things out to include people who haven't alleged any wrongdoing. 

2 minutes ago, castlev said:

You can literally buy a spy pen that works as a real pen, and records audio with a simple click of the cap, for under 20 bucks on ebay. Most people who work in tech would know this.

yes you could.....its only a crime in canada to do so and you could face both a fine or imprisonment according to "The Anti-Wiretapping Act of 1965 (RA 4200), which protects privacy, is a critical piece of legislation. Individuals who attempt to secretly overhear, intercept, or record private communications or spoken words without the consent of all concerned parties face a fine or imprisonment." According to THIS source

2 minutes ago, Fnige said:

You realise that in her twitter thread she talks about things that happen irl and not over emails.

Also she is a foreigner and very likely does not know that Canada only requires one party to consent for recordings. Plus how are you going to hide a camera so you can record the harassment? She gets caught with a camera, she is probably going to have to deal with being told off for it

Madison is a Canadian citizen. A lot of us thought she was an American when she first popped around. She was in the States with family.

So this is also Canadian Citizen vs Canadian Company, so it's under those legal jurisdictions.

Madison started posting more tweets in the last hour furthering her thread. It addresses the HR meeting recording. 

Link to Twitter, I'll take the pieces here and compile a whole on her recent comments:

I’ve heard that HR meeting recording and please note how all the allegations that the management heard are referred to as “drama”.

Imagine how you would feel trying to say anything when THAT is the exact response you would be given.

In that recording you will hear someone make inappropriate jokes, you will hear the situation be belittled.

You will also hear that there is an internal want for you to go DIRECTLY to whoever wronged you and have a one on one chat, removing any sort of HR interference.

I’m baffled to hear about the “shock” of these allegations.

You’re not shocked that they happened.
You’re shocked that someone said something.

You’re probably shocked because you know evidence for most of these issues is scarce so why would anyone risk their image to speak out.

Essentially, this is a doubling down by Madison that LMG HR deliberately avoided functioning properly or recording complaints and that Linus and/or other senior leadership knew exactly what was happening and feigned ignorance.

This may get ugly for LMG (which may be necessary), because if she's true and LMG HR deliberately under-reported and under-recorded evidence of a hostile workplace - it will come out in interviews of current and former employees.

Who should we trust? There's a Sexual offender among us /s

They've responded.

This seems like the best approach imo. Step in the right direction. Not really sure what the proper way would even be for something like this to get everyone happy.

1 minute ago, dimforest said:

I agree with you on the speech itself being a pretty standard affair in the corporate world. I think the main takeaway people are getting from the audio is that it seems to align with what Madison is alleging. 

I don't actually watch LTT videos, I usually only listen to the audio at 2x speed. When Luke said that it sounded kind of weird, the change in tone and all. Going back and looking at it, I can see why it was taken as a sex joke. Heck it probably is one as 6 9s of uptime amount to less than a minute of downtime per year which is great for almost any online platform but especially one as small as floatplane. 

When all this popped up I went to look up where A******* had been and found out about her transition. I then went on the website and saw her name posted with a pic as a current employee. I want to believe Madison feels she really was harmed, but I also look at the retention rate of quite a diverse staff and think maybe I will give them the benefit of the doubt until the investigation is done. I think all women should be believed and heard. I dont believe everyone accused should be lynched without a trial. 

To piggyback off another comment in this thread - I don't think anybody here is suggesting they aren't real people. We want and hope for the best but when something negative or malicious happens, we need to hold these real people accountable as well. If we don't, then they become less "real" in the sense that they're able to get away with wrong-doings due to status, followers, etc...