Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

Mod inaction can only be seen as support at this point.

There are 1.6k posts in this topic alone. There is also a second topic of enormous size, plus the regular forum content. The mod team are volunteers, if you have an issue with content the report button would assist them in getting to things for review. 

I commented 6 months ago after the decision to end TJM pod that David would be the next one to leave, seeing as he liked all of Madison's tweets, looking like my prediction is going to be right.

3 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

The only people downplaying the effectiveness of unions are anti-union. 

"Well, unions wouldn't solve world peace or cure aging SO WHATS THE POINT OF THEM?"

I don't think that's a good take at all. 

I'm very pro-union when it's appropriate. However, I chose not to work at a union organization as that union would do nothing to benefit me. It's really a case-by-case thing. 

Unless she files a lawsuit there’s no merit to anything she says. And trying to say she was scared is a excuse for not filing a complaint sooner. Go find a lawyer who specializes in these cases tell them everything you claimed happened and tell them every date you remember stuff happening on. Your allowed to seek legal consul without the person your allegation are about knowing until the lawyer themself think it has any merit and enough to construct a case against LMG. Until she does that she’s doing nothing but creating drama to ride along side the gamer nexus video. People need to understand your allowed to simply ignore the fans and haters on the internet you don’t have to open the hate mail or even go on social media, choosing to let that stuff bother you is totally on you as a person. And I know for a fact not everyone gonna agree with my post either but you know what until she gets a lawyer has legal papers drawn up and serves ltt with those legal papers then all this is a stunt to boost her own image on social media while kicking her former employer while there down. Because if this were me or any female I known this happen to I would personal go with them to file a lawsuit cause that’s an easy payday for the lawyers and the client if anything she says is true. And the longer she choose to not do that the more likely if it is happening it’ll happen to another women at that work place so being silent for two years could of put many other women at risk or subjected them to the same things she had happen to her. So really until I see some legal documents and Maddison sue LMG there isn’t much merit to any of her allegation and if it is true she need to get the move on now to help protect all those other women working there too. But till then Linus and lmg is innocent till proven guilty something you all forget about the second she started bashing him on twitter cause man this mob mentality to automatically assume someone is guilty is messed up.  

2 minutes ago, crazybitz said:

don't you just love the blatant derailment in this thread. lol 

Yeah - I'm thinking about getting a new Encabulator. 

Do you have any recommendations? I got my eye on this one

32 minutes ago, castlev said:

There's no way they will sue IF she made it all up. The outside investigation will be published, and that will be their statement on the matter, along with some acknowledgement if any issues come to light that need addressing. It would be career suicide to sue her even IF she blatantly lied and made it all up.

while I applaud your optimism.
This song and dance was done before with otk/mizkif just recently.

Third party investigator is hired by ltt so basically ltt pays them. Not exactly independent when someone is writing your checks.
Ltt gets good will credit 
Ltt can no longer comment on the situation because an investigation is taking place.
The investigation will take 3 months and in that time all outrage will move on.
investigation wraps up nothing conclusive was found and everyone already moved on or forgotten.

they are not gonna release some detailed acct of everything that was said and who said and did what.
if that was the case no one would be honest to the investigator for fear of future retaliation.
but optimistically I do hope someone is held accountable

Just now, webshark25 said:

Yeah - I'm thinking about getting a new Encabulator. 

Do you have any recommendations? I got my eye on this one

I had never seen that before, thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Cletis said:

Unless she files a lawsuit there’s no merit to anything she says. And trying to say she was scared is a excuse for not filing a complaint sooner. Go find a lawyer who specializes in these cases tell them everything you claimed happened and tell them every date you remember stuff happening on. Your allowed to seek legal consul without the person your allegation are about knowing until the lawyer themself think it has any merit and enough to construct a case against LMG. Until she does that she’s doing nothing but creating drama to ride along side the gamer nexus video. People need to understand your allowed to simply ignore the fans and haters on the internet you don’t have to open the hate mail or even go on social media, choosing to let that stuff bother you is totally on you as a person. And I know for a fact not everyone gonna agree with my post either but you know what until she gets a lawyer has legal papers drawn up and serves ltt with those legal papers then all this is a stunt to boost her own image on social media while kicking her former employer while there down. Because if this were me or any female I known this happen to I would personal go with them to file a lawsuit cause that’s an easy payday for the lawyers and the client if anything she says is true. And the longer she choose to not do that the more likely if it is happening it’ll happen to another women at that work place so being silent for two years could of put many other women at risk or subjected them to the same things she had happen to her. So really until I see some legal documents and Maddison sue LMG there isn’t much merit to any of her allegation and if it is true she need to get the move on now to help protect all those other women working there too. But till then Linus and lmg is innocent till proven guilty something you all forget about the second she started bashing him on twitter cause man this mob mentality to automatically assume someone is guilty is messed up.  

You have to pay lawyers...

Even if this gets resolved, you are unlikelty to "see some legal documents".

3 minutes ago, Cletis said:

I'm sorry but this is a pretty broke take. Not everyone who faces a hostile workplace or sexual harassment at work files a lawsuit, nor does not filing a lawsuit mean definitively that it didn't happen. Victims of workplace or sexual harassment often don't file lawsuits (sometimes, complaints internally - Madison said there was no process because upper management at LMG controlled HR and ignored her complaint taking no action on them) because they fear retaliation from the current or ex-employer, or others (which, given the content of this thread, was totally justified in Madison saying she feared the fanbase harassing her, sending her death threats, and attacking her character).

If these were easily dismissed matters, Terren Tong as LMG CEO would not be hiring a third party investigator to get to the bottom of things. 

The investigation will get to the bottom of things, in the course of some time.

I'm pretty good at reading people. Madison always came across as "fun, crazy but probably has some mental issues".

At my current job I had to mediate between women & men half a dozen times the past year. The women (usually one at a time) come to complain to me about something, it sounds REALLY bad, I then go talk to the person or people involved, they give a more nuanced story that makes sense and is nowhere near as bad and often even warranted and then I confront the woman and 9 times out of 10 she admits that what he says is really what happened.

For example one came to me saying she was insulted by one of the guys saying she was bad at her job and that he made her feel inferior, etc. I ask him and apparently he had given her tips, she had blatantly ignored his tips, ended up screwing up, he had to take over and rectify her mistake and in frustration he told her she'll never be good at it if she ignores help. Tell me: is what he said over the top?

Now the WHOLE Madison Twitter thing feels like she takes things WAY too personally and couldn't handle stress. This is an issue with MANY millennials who can't deal with a big work load. Our millennial works complain ten times more even when other workers work ten times as hard. With stress comes an unstable personality and Madison, like I already said, always felt a little unstable in the videos so stress would only have made it worse. The moment you have the reputation of being difficult to work with, people quickly start treating you differently. Managers really dislike workers who can't appreciate the chance they've been given.

Also almost nothing she said can be verified and some of it really sounds ridiculous. Claiming she got told off for not responding within a few minutes - that happens to EVERYONE and it doesn't mean you weren't responding fast enough for real, it means the other person is stressed out and is venting their anger. You should realize this and show understanding and just help out - they WILL appreciate it. If you respond in a snide way, it just makes things worse. The fact she didn't even realize this shows how inexperienced she is.

As for her work load. Folks, you realize all those social media is right THERE for you to check right? Go on check it and see what kind of content was made the past year each day:

Twitter: 1 post to a link to a new video + some random post (usually nicked from Reddit or elsewhere) = takes maybe half an hour

Instagram: two screengrabs from recent vids or some random pic. Big wow. Another half an hour?

TikTok: mostly short clips from vids on Youtube and there's NOT two vids a day! Maybe one a day tops.

Now, if you see how she MASSIVELY exaggerates the amount of work this all is (I'd die for an easy job like that), how UNGRATEFUL she seemed for the work she received, how much she seems to complain about everything - does it not feel like she completely didn't fit in with the team and probably did nothing to improve things? From this it's easy for ill feelings to develop and to see anything that happens in a bad light. At least 80% of the Tweets she made you can easily dismiss this way. Linus making the remark about her brother likely meant "Perhaps you're overworked, maybe you should take some time to let things process". I mean, what sane person would cut up their leg and blame their boss? This is not the behaviour of a normal person. You realize you don't have to get tons of stitches to get sick days right?

I'm sure SOME of it is true but she just seems unstable, someone who took on a job that was too much for her, where she took out her stress on others who had far worse jobs and when they showed their disdain at her attitude when she got one of the easier jobs ...

4 minutes ago, Viral-Zero said:

while I applaud your optimism.
This song and dance was done before with otk/mizkif just recently.

Third party investigator is hired by ltt so basically ltt pays them. Not exactly independent when someone is writing your checks.
Ltt gets good will credit 
Ltt can no longer comment on the situation because an investigation is taking place.
The investigation will take 3 months and in that time all outrage will move on.
investigation wraps up nothing conclusive was found and everyone already moved on or forgotten.

they are not gonna release some detailed acct of everything that was said and who said and did what.
if that was the case no one would be honest to the investigator for fear of future retaliation.
but optimistically I do hope someone is held accountable

A third party investigator gets delivered for making a report. The entire reason they get hired is because they're impartial. If you were a third party investigator and every report you wrote is "this is rainbows and sunshine", then you would have zero credibility.

For an example of a third party investigator, look at former FBI director Freeh. Penn State paid him $8 million USD to investigate sexual abuse of minors by Jerry Sandusky. The report was not in any way gentle or kind to Penn State. The head coach, numerous staff, the athletic director, and the vice president and president were all fired (or resigned upon report release) because it was absolutely scathing.

1 minute ago, Majestic12 said:

I'm pretty good at reading people. Madison always came across as "fun, crazy but probably has some mental issues".

At my current job I had to mediate between women & men half a dozen times the past year. The women (usually one at a time) come to complain to me about something, it sounds REALLY bad, I then go talk to the person or people involved, they give a more nuanced story that makes sense and is nowhere near as bad and often even warranted and then I confront the woman and 9 times out of 10 she admits that what he says is really what happened.

For example one came to me saying she was insulted by one of the guys saying she was bad at her job and that he made her feel inferior, etc. I ask him and apparently he had given her tips, she had blatantly ignored his tips, ended up screwing up, he had to take over and rectify her mistake and in frustration he told her she'll never be good at it if she ignores help. Tell me: is what he said over the top?

Now the WHOLE Madison Twitter thing feels like she takes things WAY too personally and couldn't handle stress. This is an issue with MANY millennials who can't deal with a big work load. Our millennial works complain ten times more even when other workers work ten times as hard. With stress comes an unstable personality and Madison, like I already said, always felt a little unstable in the videos so stress would only have made it worse. The moment you have the reputation of being difficult to work with, people quickly start treating you differently. Managers really dislike workers who can't appreciate the chance they've been given.

Also almost nothing she said can be verified and some of it really sounds ridiculous. Claiming she got told off for not responding within a few minutes - that happens to EVERYONE and it doesn't mean you weren't responding fast enough for real, it means the other person is stressed out and is venting their anger. You should realize this and show understanding and just help out - they WILL appreciate it. If you respond in a snide way, it just makes things worse. The fact she didn't even realize this shows how inexperienced she is.

As for her work load. Folks, you realize all those social media is right THERE for you to check right? Go on check it and see what kind of content was made the past year each day:

Twitter: 1 post to a link to a new video + some random post (usually nicked from Reddit or elsewhere) = takes maybe half an hour

Instagram: two screengrabs from recent vids or some random pic. Big wow. Another half an hour?

TikTok: mostly short clips from vids on Youtube and there's NOT two vids a day! Maybe one a day tops.

Now, if you see how she MASSIVELY exaggerates the amount of work this all is (I'd die for an easy job like that), how UNGRATEFUL she seemed for the work she received, how much she seems to complain about everything - does it not feel like she completely didn't fit in with the team and probably did nothing to improve things? From this it's easy for ill feelings to develop and to see anything that happens in a bad light. At least 80% of the Tweets she made you can easily dismiss this way. Linus making the remark about her brother likely meant "Perhaps you're overworked, maybe you should take some time to let things process". I mean, what sane person would cut up their leg and blame their boss? This is not the behaviour of a normal person. You realize you don't have to get tons of stitches to get sick days right?

I'm sure SOME of it is true but she just seems unstable, someone who took on a job that was too much for her, where she took out her stress on others who had far worse jobs and when they showed their disdain at her attitude when she got one of the easier jobs ...

I'm pretty good at reading people too. And this comment suggests to me that you are not "pretty good at reading people".

50 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Man, what a fun week. She really choose the best of week of pour oil on the dumpster fire that was going on. Even more new users coming over and being toxic as well...

She's completely misinterpreting what Linus is saying here... No it's not "hehe no one has come out against us, therefore we have done no wrong".

He's literally saying how in Canada we have laws that prevents employers from interfering with or attacking (ex)-employees who speak out against work conditions. Our workers protection laws are MUCH better than what you find in the US. As long as it is true and not defamation. Has nothing to do with "no one is speaking out against us, hence we're squeaky clean".

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.16614770413c43629c193d0e5a112ab1.png

Still weird how there isn't more people coming out about their horrible experience at LMG. Yet somehow it's a bunch of widespread issue at LMG according to her.

This post from her is possibly the most damning to her position. She clearly understood their were legal avenues she could take. And the part about "at least partially aware of the treatment" is a declaratory statement of BC worker's rights violations. People aren't grasping how much liability she machine-gunned out in the middle of the night.  It's why I really don't think this is going to end well for her.

Edit: looks like the DDoSing of the server is back.

15 minutes ago, Sasha2D said:

The only people downplaying the effectiveness of unions are anti-union. 

"Well, unions wouldn't solve world peace or cure aging SO WHATS THE POINT OF THEM?"

Not all unions are made the same tbf. I'm not saying unions are bad but it's definitely valid to be anti specific unions or union structures. Things like a lot of US police unions especially can be quite bad and cause a lot of harm.

Unions have a place and can do a lot of good but that's not always the case.

LMG should definitely have a union tho lol

11 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Insane you wrote all of this over pure speculation on your part and ability to "read people." don't assume one way or the other. She is a unique individual you've never met before who made a claim about another group of people you've never met before. 

Now that they've announced a third party will investigate everyone needs to chill and let it play itself out, speculation like this only needlessly damages both parties.

8 minutes ago, jubjub said:

Not all unions are made the same tbf. I'm not saying unions are bad but it's definitely valid to be anti specific unions or union structures. Things like a lot of US police unions especially can be quite bad and cause a lot of harm.

Unions have a place and can do a lot of good but that's not always the case.

LMG should definitely have a union tho lol

Considering the fact that LTT is a media company and not a police force I think it's okay. 

43 minutes ago, schwarzerrogen said:

Theoretically neither she or Linus should be on any HR team. They have vested interest in the company and therefor cannot be legally impartial.

I'm just wondering why you would expect impartiality from any HR, seriously? The primary function of HR is to protect the company; that's what people in HR are paid for. Everything else is a myth.

7 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Thanks for your valuable take as a mental health professional.

You could have just summed up this anecdote with "Chicks be so crazy, amirite?" and we would still have gotten exactly where you're coming from. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

Most sane post I have read today. 

Totally agree! Well written.

9 minutes ago, Majestic12 said:

God forbid millennials refuse to grow up to be bootlickers. 

"At my current job I regularly get to make sweeping assessments of people based on their gender, their age and diagnose their mental health despite not being qualified. That's me, The People Reader."

2 minutes ago, NewTasker said:

Insane you wrote all of this over pure speculation on your part and ability to "read people." don't assume one way or the other. She is a unique individual you've never met before who made a claim about another group of people you've never met before. 

Now that they've announced a third party will investigate every needs to just chill and let it play itself out, speculation like this only needlessly damages both parties.

I outright spelled out what her work entailed - you can check on it. This is not speculation. If you want to see how reliable the testimony is, you need to first check what you can verify which I did. What I found is that this ONE thing is not reliable at all. Taking a few screengrabs from videos is NOT hard work, not even for someone who is relatively inexperienced. If she exaggerates this work to such extent to make it sound as if she was falling to pieces because of being overworked, it means that the rest of her tweets cannot be seen as reliable either unless more information shows up. Her testimony however is extremely vague which does not help - if she was really serious about coming out with these accusations, you'd want to make a strong case for yourself but why doesn't she do that? She doesn't even give dates or anything. It's impossible for LTT to even defend themselves against any of this since they can't VERIFY anything internally.