Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

1 minute ago, HiTechLowSpec said:

How do you know that Linus didn't approach the new CEO?

@HiTechLowSpec it's a reasonable conjecture that an experienced CEO like Terren Tong would have advised against the response Linus gave. Now I wouldn't be surprised if since then they've talked. This could explain the current radio silence from LTT. 

I still can't believe there hasn't been a response from Linus. I am starting to get really worried.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

35 minutes ago, Waifu4Life said:

Regarding that auction thing, not saying that company that made that block are lying, but question remains, what would Linus have to gain by trying to scam them? I get the feeling that there must have been some terrible miscommunication here.

He just doesnt care.

Wasnt a priority for him to return. He already made the money from the video trashing the company and its product.

17 minutes ago, Vanislesteve said:

You'll have to show me the math on that because I don't see how with a sum total of ad sense revenue of roughly $1.6million being 26% of $70million?  Unless you calculated the adsense income as monthly?  Social blade data would suggest this is the yearly number not the monthly number.

It’s monthly. They average 1-2mm views per video. You can do the math based on CPM

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

I still can't believe there hasn't been a response from Linus. I am starting to get really worried.

I think it might mean more if the new CEO put out a statement that from now on, videos will be corrected properly, will be reviewed before being uploaded and that inaccuracies will never be considered cost cutting measures the way Linus did.

That the company needs the public's trust and that will be its first priority.

It's too bad that it would be a bit too confrontational to say that Linus singling out small companies to be laughing stocks won't happen anymore either.

24 minutes ago, Vanislesteve said:

You'll have to show me the math on that because I don't see how with a sum total of ad sense revenue of roughly $1.6million being 26% of $70million?  Unless you calculated the adsense income as monthly?  Social blade data would suggest this is the yearly number not the monthly number.

I've calculated the numbers... and here it goes...

ad sense revenue added together: 1,589,744.01

this is the monthly value of revenue so x12 ( for the months in a year): 19,076,928.12

then taken as a percentage of 26%: 73,372,800.46

hence, it would be an annual revenue of roughly $70m from the numbers given

edit: forgot numbers

Edited by ilikeike

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Im not. Seeing how today's video didnt go up, they hear us loud and clear, and something is bound to go up soon. 

Probably a video about the situation. A post would be a bad move, a live video would be bad, and the wan show is too far away.

2 hours ago, Saeumii said:

perhaps they "should have" redone the test, just to provide accurate results, but linus' argument against doing so is valid; you wouldn't pay the same lawyer for a second opinion if you committed the exact same offense in two different situations, just as you wouldn't run the same test on different gpus if the water block is overpriced either way. the purpose of the video seemed to be more giving billet labs' manufacturing capabilities publicity than actually promoting the water block in question

Redoing (or doing it right, like it is suppose to be done the first time) is the only valid answer.
We do not watch the video to know if Linus think it is overprice (maybe for you it is, maybe for me it is not), we are here to know if the cooler is doing the job or not under the maker's limitation (correct use, correct GPU etc...)

1 minute ago, tech.guru said:

He just doesnt care.

Wasnt a priority for him to return. He already made the money from the video trashing the company and its product.

Eh... next you're gonna tell me he drops expensive products willfully for the lolz because marketing says Clumsey Linus makes more views=more money.  

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Worried how?

Just now, TheSilverSpade said:

Worried how?

About Linus's repsonse at all. If he doesn't comment on this situation it's gonna be an eternal stigma.

CPU: 7900X

GPU: 7900XTX

RAM: 32 GBs DDR5

Just now, Cosmic Emotion said:

About Linus's repsonse at all. If he doesn't comment on this situation it's gonna be an eternal stigma.

People don't even remember who they elected.

It will be fine!

6 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

He just doesnt care.

Is that an assumption or did Linus tell you that personally?

4 minutes ago, jooroth18 said:

Im not. Seeing how today's video didnt go up, they hear us loud and clear, and something is bound to go up soon. 

Probably a video about the situation. A post would be a bad move, a live video would be bad, and the wan show is too far away.

LMG posted 3 videos today…

Given that 99% of this problem was Linus opening his mouth to change feet, him being quiet is not all that surprising.

Just now, JoshuaScholar said:

People don't even remember who they elected.

It will be fine!

Wait wait I know his name don’t tell me don’t telll mee……Arnold Schwarzenegger? 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

Dont be worried or even pay attention to a response.

Look for actions. See if videos improve thats only thing that matters anyways.

3 minutes ago, jooroth18 said:

Also the concept that internally there is likely a lot of drama happening.  When employees already are saying they want more time, and that things are getting rush etc..then something like this happens.  I'm sure there would be at least a few employees who are expressing their concerns, and others who are also trying to do the blame game (as there is now someone who will have to take the fall for things like Billet)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

This is PR 101. He made a statement. It was shit. Why would Linus bring it up in a video that gets millions of views when the story will die in a couple days?

Just now, TheSilverSpade said:

Wait wait I know his name don’t tell me don’t telll mee……Arnold Schwarzenegger? 

I was living in California for that election.  I think I better not admit which joke candidate I voted for!  I might get in trouble with the forum!

"Listing the wrong amount of cache on a table for a CPU review is sloppy, but given that our conclusions are drawn based on our testing, not the spec sheet, it doesn't materially change the recommendation. That doesn't mean these things don't matter. We've set KPI's for our writing/labs team around accuracy, and we are continually installing new checks and balances to ensure that things continue to get better. If you haven't seen the improvement, frankly I wonder if you're really looking for it..."

Basically he just said that the entire god damn community is at fault. Not him or his team.

Has he possibly thought that those "new checks and balances" are ineffective?

2 minutes ago, Waifu4Life said:

Nah. Just an angry poster with no real information on the internet. Nothing to see here…

1 minute ago, Waifu4Life said:

After 9 months and numerous emails pretty obvious. The fact no one cared to even check ownership before auctioning it off also obvious.

You dont need a confession look at the actions that took place.

223 pages, damn. Since we are still discussing this, what would you guys feel if they post a video saying “we have fired the employee responsible for the auction mistake and we have updated our processes. We are sorry blabla”

Would this be better than minimizing the situation and covering it up?