Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I think they should reach out but at the same time LMG took shots on them and HUB about how they test stuff (and being wrong) without reaching to them first and asking them how they test stuff so...

Not for 40 minutes going through the channels entire history of operations... it was a simple "this is how we're different from Gamers Nexus."

Maybe I'm wrong? but I really only saw like a 30 second clip shared hundreds of times online.

never overclock your underwear

1 hour ago, systmcrsh said:

i'm only a casual viewer of ltt, gn, etc... i think gn cut a bit of context from the billet thing, ie, 'we're not gonna test again with a 3090 because it will cost more money and not change anything' is really watery... out of curiosity i went and found the original wan clip (6/30 1:54), the context being, the average consumer isn't NASA (paraphrasing). i think its a totally legit take

as far as the prototype thing goes, its hard to weigh in w/o more info... it raises some questions, one of which is what kind of recovery agreement did billet have? <- i'm not blaming billet, but whatever

i'll pile on to this prev comment... and it's total speculation... but if billet didn't have some recovery agreement, (presumably because its just 2 dudes and maybe they don't have a lot of experience) and it went south, the fact that ltt agreed to compensate them at all is the very definition of ethics <- all speculation, but yeah

i like gn, but when i hear terms like disingenuous, unethical, irresponsible... cmon man.

let's see a gn review of billet?

and pwnage, maybe its a great mouse, maybe it isn't, but maybe pwnage can learn something from the oobe

Just now, FUTDomi said:

No, I'm talking about the auction thing.

What is there to be said about the auction, they knew it wasn't their property and you can't tell me linus didn't approve of the items being sold. Maybe somehow it was a huge accident what difference does it make, they basically apologized for it by saying "it was for charity" what difference does it make.

1 minute ago, systmcrsh said:

and pwnage, maybe its a great mouse, maybe it isn't, but maybe pwnage can learn something from the oobe

lol

Hi Linus,

I usually just lurk for many a reason, but wanted to log in and give my two cents in case you come upon this.

It's interesting, you are probably the only online persona for whom one my first instincts is trust. My life taught me pretty well the difference between what is shown and what is real, be it top tier institutions and the people leading them or media content and the people behind it. I like to call myself a community nomad, rarely coming back to any one place on daily basis and instead looking for people's stories from all kinds of interests (It comes with its pluses and minuses...).

Your aproach of owning your mistakes and sharing your running theories on the fly (even if you might have to change it moments later based on new info) is painfully unique in your space. You found a way to be altruistic and make money at the same time, in a system that doesn't favor it. You also seem to grasp the difference between you as the creator and you as yourself - I can watch a lot of content, but never quite got the need/demand for every tidbit from celebrities private life. Unless we can somehow become acquaintances or even friends, I can only ever be a fan at most, along with it's limitations. One of which is, that your private time is none of my business.

I am not going to go into analysis of the video and your response. I'd have a lot to say, but I am sure all the comments before me have gone over it in painstaking detail. Suffice to say, that while there is a lot of valid concerns, there is also important context missing, partially undermining the whole thing. Ultimately, GNs video will likely give Billets lab a boost that will ofset what they may have lost by mishaps, whether thats good or bad and why is for everyone to interpret for themselves and I think it really depends the viewpoint. (the "not monetasing this" spiel is bs tho imo, they are definitely making money just from the extra traffic and donations).

I hope that you and everyone else that is reading this will have their day at least a little bit better. I am gonna go pet my dog and get back to work now.

Avant Of Eredon

Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

Just now, Texbobcat said:

What is there to be said about the auction, they knew it wasn't their property and you can't tell me linus didn't approve of the items being sold. Maybe somehow it was a huge accident what difference does it make, they basically apologized for it by saying "it was for charity" what difference does it make.

their idiotic responses to stuff are worst then their actions, honestly.

Linus needed to be put down this way, let's hope he changes. It clearly doesn't seem so by another idiotic reply to Steve's video.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Discussing an issue as bad as the one with Billet is rather unprofessional to do on the WAN show,  in addition only mentioning it on the WAN show means all of the LTT fan would defend LTT's opinion on the cooler being crap. IMO its a good thing GN pointed out the Billet issue specifically, Billet has some sort of recourse getting paid for the water block, but the damage is still done since Linus bashed them.

Also not even necessary to make a full video over a weekend, an email would be fine, or a quick video clip on twitter/X would be fine until the next weekday.

You keep moving the goal posts here, from the posts I've seen here it seems like LMG waited until a weekday to email them, even if Billet wasn't available an email could've been sent the previous weekday or on a weekend.

Uhm, you are, because they literally did what you're asking for, they got in touch with Billet and are planning to pay/have already paid them for what happened.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

The gigabyte PSU was factually crap, and no one has called out GN on their PSU testing, I would trust trust them over LTT labs unless LTT's labs manages to prove them wrong.

It's crap, but not for the reasons they brought up. This led to a whole bunch of shit PSU selection guides that completely miss the point.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

As for your other points, Intel changes their sockets too often, even people biased towards Intel complain of that, Intel CPU's from 4th gen to 7th gen didn't really change all that much yet Intel kept changing the socket, or 11th gen was a good example of Intel coming up with a new socket for no reason to only come up with another new one with 12th gen.

So your entire argument is "yeah but other people also say they change too often". So let's completely disregard the fact that signal degradation is a thing, let's completely skimp over the considerable thermomechanical considerations, material changes also definitely don't matter to reduce losses, we don't need additional bandwidth for the new memory standards we're supporting, and let's also not fix the issues we noticed when we deployed things into volume production. Instead, let's spend a lot of money scraping our previous inventory, spends millions on new designs and tooling, reverify everything, run millions worth of new tests, etc. for something we probably make mere cents of profit on per unit. </sarcasm in case you didn't get it>

9 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

- I think its important to have the right context on components, capacitors on power supplies or motherboards don't usually change, but this was at times the case during the pandemic with components being in short supply being replaced with suitable alternatives.

The capacitor shortage has been a thing for a lot longer than that, to give you an idea, this is from 2017: https://passive-components.eu/mlcc-shortages-and-why-they-might-last-longer-than-expected/  So no, this is not a pandemic thing, there are larger industry-endemic reasons for these shortages that I'd rather not get into on a Tuesday morning (aka, it's money). But it's actually pretty damn common to substitute components on a per lot basis, designers are literally forced to select components that are interchangeable, most large corporations have a standing order that only components that can be second sourced should be selected. This is why I found this remark so unacceptable, because this is literally something you face on a daily basis as circuit designer.

16 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

- Such as? The only PCIe one that comes to mind is the AMD X470 PCIe 4.0, apparently ASRock wanted to implement PCIe 4.0 but AMD claimed it wasn't possible due to lane signaling, I would have liked to see more testing on that one rather than a company saying its not possible and blocking motherboard makers.

Don't remember the specific video.

17 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

-  I want to see an example for this one as well, the only things I've seen GN miss points on were OEM workstations or servers, but that isn't their expertise anyway.

Off hand remarks in the PSU videos and various rants regarding "VRMs" on motherboards come to mind. I'm not going to start sorting through videos to find some smoking gun for you that you're simply going to disregard.

19 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

- Their focus on CPU temps is fine, IMO. GN's focus on detailed CPU temps, especially measuring for throttling is more than what most tech youtubers test for, most will only test gaming workload.

It's not when you state they're so much higher than they were in the past, and then fail to consider that what's being measured is actually entirely different. I just found it particularly interesting given Steve's supposed background, he should know better.

20 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

- Again I haven't seen them getting called out from anyone reviewing PSU's, or anyone in the PSU industry.

Because no one in the industry cares enough about his opinions to publicly make drama about it. At first I wanted to say it'd be funny to take one of the PSU designers from a place like TDK and sit them down to watch some of those videos, but the reality is that most of them are too nice people to publicly flail someone.

24 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It seems like you're biased against GN and are nitpicking at things.

Because I know this type of person and I get to enjoy clones of them at the various organisations where I work as employee and consultant. They're really tiring to deal with, so I'd rather not see them pop-up in the places where I hang out outside of work.

Hi LMG, viewer here since before Linus had his own channel. Please avoid turning into what the late "Top Gear" shows turned into. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Texbobcat said:

What is there to be said? "Only" the small detail that they did already deal with the issue and reached an agreement to compensate them for the fuck up? Knowing this changes a lot the narrative.

like the fact that we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity due to a miscommunication

They literally said you auctioned it. Having a blatant factual error in the first paragraph of your response isn't exactly a good way to refute their claims of inaccuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGW3TPytTjc&t=2018s

3 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

Not contacting Linus ahead of time was a choice, and given how salty Linus was about it and tried to throw him under the bus publicly over it, it was the right choice. If Linus isn’t going to respect fair and factual reporting then why should Steve respect Linus. 

I suspect there might be some behind the scenes history between the two that we are not aware of that led Steve to believe that Linus would react poorly to getting heads up on this. This is just speculation however. 

I see it as they are basically competitors in the space. Both of them are making "labs" to test stuff. Both of them invested significant amount of money into it.

Then LMG employee publicly takes shot at them for how they test stuff while being wrong and not fact checking first or reaching out to them to confirm.

This creates a conflict of interest as LMG is huge and while likely not intentionally, they are throwing GN, HUB, etc... other channels under the bus and making them look bad because "we do it better" while they don't and as GN pointed out, there is plenty of publicly available evidence from LTT videos to back it up.

@treestain

it was a simple "this is how were different from Gamers Nexus."

But they were incorrect in saying how they are different because they didn't fact check how GN and HUB does their stuff so that statement was wrong and it made GN and HUB look bad because of the language used. That's the main issue there. Larger channel making the smaller channel look bad because of wrong assumptions. Then smaller channels defending themselves and taking shots back at the larger channel.

12 hours ago, Srius1 said:

Steve is lame for doing this piece on LTT for someone who linus called his friend. I can see lots of other creators not dealing with GN any more for this. I bought over $400 of product from GN but will not spend another penny there due to this.

zero need for this BS hit piece . There are tons of other stories he could have done and this is dumb and just starting a fight and drama for no reason. Linus has said multiple times LTT videos are entertainment first. They never said they were 1000% accurate . This is like being mad at McDonald’s for their burgers not looking the exact same as the picture…

You're joking right? The entire reason Linus started the Labs is to focus on accuracy and call out inaccuracies in marketing material. Their ENTIRE goal is to be 1000% accurate. 

Steve has also said a long time ago they will start treating LTT/LMG like any other company, and stop treating them like friends if/when talking about any controversy. Imagine if Linus/Gamers Nexus or any other big tech channel treated a company like Nvidia, or Asus as a friend when they did something controversial. People would be up in arms over it. It's a GOOD thing that Steve isn't treating LTT/LMG like a friend. You WANT them to be unbiased when doing this sort of stuff. The last thing you want is Steve to give companies (like LTT) a pass because they're friends with the staff. "Oh yeah, they messed up a few times. But I like Linus so I'll let it slide." Fuck that. 

I'd argue there was a need for this video, because people have been bringing up the countless mistakes and corrections in LTT videos for a while now. To the point where Linus commented on it on the WAN show recently. 

"This is like being mad at McDonald’s for their burgers not looking the exact same as the picture…"

I'd be more like being mad at them because the ingredients shown on the picture were literally wrong. You order a Big Mac and it comes with chicken instead of beef. Oh and it happens almost every time you go to Maccas. 

This is the exact video I'd expect from GN and I definitely don't see companies avoiding him because of it. You're crazy if you think they will, or think this is any different to anything else Steve has done before with NewEgg etc. 

12 hours ago, LinusTech said:

There won't be a big WAN Show segment about this or anything. Most of what I have to say, I've already said, and I've done so privately.

To Steve, I expressed my disappointment that he didn't go through proper journalistic practices in creating this piece. He has my email and number (along with numerous other members of our team) and could have asked me for context that may have proven to be valuable (like the fact that we didn't 'sell' the monoblock, but rather auctioned it for charity due to a miscommunication... AND the fact that while we haven't sent payment yet, we have already agreed to compensate Billet Labs for the cost of their prototype). There are other issues, but I've told him that I won't be drawn into a public sniping match over this and that I'll be continuing to move forward in good faith as part of 'Team Media'. When/if he's ready to do so again I'll be ready.

To my team (and my CEO's team, but realistically I was at the helm for all of these errors, so I need to own it), I stressed the importance of diligence in our work because there are so many eyes on us. We are going through some growing pains - we've been very public about them in the interest of transparency - and it's clear we have some work to do on internal processes and communication. We have already been doing a lot of work internally to clean up our processes, but these things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, but that's no excuse for sloppiness.

Now, for my community, all I can say is the same things I always say. We know that we're not perfect. We wear our imperfection on our sleeves in the interest of ensuring that we stay accountable to you. But it's sad and unfortunate when this transparency gets warped into a bad thing. The Labs team is hard at work hard creating processes and tools to generate data that will benefit all consumers - a work in progress that is very much not done and that we've communicated needs to be treated as such. Do we have notes under some videos? Yes. Is it because we are striving for transparency/improvement? Yeah... What we're doing hasn't been in many years, if ever.. and we would make a much larger correction if the circumstances merited it. Listing the wrong amount of cache on a table for a CPU review is sloppy, but given that our conclusions are drawn based on our testing, not the spec sheet, it doesn't materially change the recommendation. That doesn't mean these things don't matter. We've set KPIs for our writing/labs team around accuracy, and we are continually installing new checks and balances to ensure that things continue to get better. If you haven't seen the improvement, frankly I wonder if you're really looking for it... The thoroughness that we managed on our last handful of GPU videos is getting really incredible given the limited time we have for these embargoes. I'm REALLY excited about what the future will hold.

With all of that said, I still disagree that the Billet Labs video (not the situation with the return, which I've already addressed above) is an 'accuracy' issue. It's more like I just read the room wrong. We COULD have re-tested it with perfect accuracy, but to do so PROPERLY - accounting for which cases it could be installed in (none) and which radiators it would be plumbed with (again... mystery) would have been impossible... and also didn't affect the conclusion of the video... OR SO I THOUGHT...

I wanted to evaluate it as a product, and as a product, IF it could manage to compete with the temperatures of the highest end blocks on the planet, it still wouldn't make sense to buy... so from my point of view, re-testing it and finding out that yes, it did in fact run cooler made no difference to the conclusion, so it didn't really make a difference.

Adam and I were talking about this today. He advocated for re-testing it regardless of how non-viable it was as a product at the time and I think he expressed really well today why it mattered. It was like making a video about a supercar. It doesn't mater if no one watching will buy it. They just wanna see it rip.  I missed that, but it wasn't because I didn't care about the consumer.. it was because I was so focused on how this product impacted a potential buyer. Either way, clearly my bad, but my intention was never to harm Billet Labs. I specifically called out their incredible machining skills because I wanted to see them create something with a viable market for it and was hoping others would appreciate the fineness of the craftsmanship even if the product was impractical. I still hope they move forward building something else because they obviously have talent and I've watched countless niche water cooling vendors come and go. It's an astonishingly unforgiving market.

Either way, I'm sorry I got the community's priorities mixed-up on this one, and that we didn't show the Billet in the best light. Our intention wasn't to hurt anyone. We wanted no one to buy it (because it's an egregious waste of money no matter what temps it runs at) and we wanted Billet to make something marketable (so they can, y'know, eat).

With all of this in mind, it saddens me how quickly the pitchforks were raised over this. It also comes across a touch hypocritical when some basic due diligence could have helped clarify much of it. I have a LONG history of meeting issues head on and I've never been afraid to answer questions, which lands me in hot water regularly, but helps keep me in tune with my peers and with the community. The only reason I can think of not to ask me is because my honest response might be inconvenient. 

We can test that... with this post. Will the "It was a mistake (a bad one, but a mistake) and they're taking care of it" reality manage to have the same reach? Let's see if anyone actually wants to know what happened. I hope so, but it's been disheartening seeing how many people were willing to jump on us here. Believe it or not, I'm a real person and so is the rest of my team. We are trying our best, and if what we were doing was easy, everyone would do it. Today sucks.

Thanks for reading this.

You own the community a proper response. The Forum post was coporate speech that you yourself disliked in the past. You blame GN that he "didn't go through proper journalistic practices" but you refue to take down the billet video (and redo it properly) you refuse to slow down the production process to reduce the errors if favor of quantity AND you refuse to own your mistakes and other fuck-ups and just write a comment in your own forum and be done with it? I have been a viewer for over 10 years, loved to see your channel grow and always respected your integrity but in this case i am absolutely dissapointed in how you are handling this situation. Come clear on your mistakes and communicate in what ways you will improve. You blamed other companys for making mistakes and you wanted them to make sure that they never happen again, now its your turn to do so yourself.

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Why would he need to though?

For a drama video like he made, he doesn't need to. But if he actually cared about the Billet Labs story, and not just generating drama clicks, he would have reached out to LMG. 

8 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

LMG threw a hit at GN twice before with the Labs comment and another hit on the WAN show

The Labs comment isn't a hit. It's an employee in the Labs team explaining what they think differentiates them from GN. And the hit on the WAN Show last year didn't even name GN. Linus complained about people making drama videos over the backpack thing and GN knew it was about them, because they were making drama videos about the backpack thing.

11 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

And thinking GN made the video out of jealousy is a weird take, its weird for people to keep shifting the blame onto GN, but that is what Linus did and probably wants his fans to do as well. This video is a call out for LMG to improve, something people have been asking here for LMG to do for a long time, especially with video quality,  LMG has so much influence over the tech community, the information in videos needs to be as accurate as possible, and if Linus wants LTT labs to be a trustworthy source then the data in videos needs to be consistent and accurate.

GN made a video partly complaining about accuracy in LMG videos, but didn't care to accurately report on the Billet Labs story; the foundation of their video. The very contradiction lays the motives bare. 

Of course it's true that graphs in LMG videos ideally shouldn't have any mistakes. And I guess GN disagrees with the stylistic choice of on-screen corrections. But it's pretty rich to have these guys half ass their Billet Labs story in a video claiming LMG half asses their reviews.

The situation with BilletLabs is very unprofessional. Test should be done right within specification or shouldn't be made at all (or not published), there is no other side. And for good sake, do not sell/destroy/auction someone's property without first asking! I am disappointed...

8 minutes ago, Godiwa said:

That isn't the point... If you SAY you do something, you better DO what you say... Else stop lying... Being dishonest is bad no matter if the regular Moe Joe or Tech Reviewer Bob notices it... It shouldn't happen.

If you want to be "professional" then you do it the professional way and do it right...

Like you use the SAME card on both Intel and AMD systems (since variability between cards can actually be high)
You do atleast 3 runs and take the averages
If there are outliers you find out why they are there (human error, load screens etc. etc.)
You manually set all settings since some games do weird mumbo jumbo and you do DOUBLE CHECK them... aka have a written SoP for the game listing what each setting you be at and you go through them one at a time...
You make sure your settings actually test what you want to test (CPU limit/GPU limit/Memory limit etc.)
You don't mix settings unless specifically testing the difference between for example DLSS 2 and DLSS 3 and so on and then that is the ONLY setting you change else the result is useless
and so on and so on there is a long list and yes it is not easy (which is also why you write a SoP for each and make checklists

same thing when you edit videos... you want to make sure that the speech for 1080p results aren't over the 4K results and so on and that the graphs are correct vs. what is said and the text on the graphs axis are correct and the title and so on.

All i'll say is the number of bottlenecks you just created in the workflow is immense! There's a reason why they acquired a number of 7800X3D's that average within margin of error. Also, humans are prone to error I would rather automate settings, far less likely theyll be incorrect.

I'll agree when it comes to the video. Should have the writer watch and verify everything is correct as well as someone knowledgeable enough that wasn't directly involved. That outside party verification ie key!

I can guarantee the Editors are just going off the script and other resources and wont necessarily be knowledgeable enough to know themselves. For the type of throughput LMG has priority would be on the editing competence, not their tech knowledge. Im also fairly sure this is already in place to an extent but its probably times to go back around and find out why things are falling through the cracks. If its like any company ive worked at they probably already know. Knowing it and solving it are two different things.

3 minutes ago, FUTDomi said:

What is there to be said? "Only" the small detail that they did already deal with the issue and reached an agreement to compensate them for the fuck up? Knowing this changes a lot the narrative.

It does not change anything from a moral and ethical standpoint which GN brought into discussion. It's about how they acted, not how they dealt with it. It's a typical case of "big corpo" buying the silence of someone to avoid a potential legal mess. Is it legal, of course, danger averted. Is it ethical... well, everybody can be the judge of that. 

1 minute ago, maplepants said:

he would have reached out to LMG

For the millionth time, the video was made in response to public statements. GN was not and is not obligated to ask for comment and not doing so here would be unlikely to be considered a violation of journalist ethics. To claim otherwise is simply false.

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

But they were incorrect in saying how they are different because they didn't fact check how GN and HUB does their stuff so that statement was wrong and it made GN and HUB look bad because of the language used. That's the main issue there. Larger channel making the smaller channel look bad because of wrong assumptions. Then smaller channels defending themselves and taking shots back at the larger channel.

If the guy in labs was wrong, there could've been plenty of other ways to deal with it rather than pouring gasoline and lighting a match at ones community. This isn't simply "taking shots."

never overclock your underwear

Look Linus, that answer ain't it. You (and your company) f'ed up, and you gotta own it. You probably wrote all that response with a really hot head, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I expect a proper and public response (not this whole nothingburger in your own forum and echo chamber) down the line. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week when you got it all sorted out, idk, but I expect one soon.

For now, I'll hold my judgement. But I'm prepared to just nuke my FP account and unsub from YT if I know I can't support you guys in good conscience. 

Cheers.

Just now, Alex T88 said:

It does not change anything from a moral and ethical standpoint which GN brought into discussion. It's about how they acted, not how they dealt with it. It's a typical case of "big corpo" buying the silence of someone to avoid a potential legal mess. Is it legal, of course, danger averted. Is it ethical... well, everybody can be the judge of that. 

Of course it does, it simply highlights someone fucked up badly and that they quickly tried to resolve the issue when they found out and rightfully compensate them for that. There is absolutely nothing about ethics and morals here, at all.

Luke should have a major role on LTT, if not the biggest even. Countless times he seen him call out the clown stuff, and be the voice of reasons even if he has a tendency to not byte the hand that feed them and that's maybe their problem. No one calls out the clown stuff maybe in fear of Linus. He doesnt do criticism as we seen.

8 minutes ago, maplepants said:

For a drama video like he made, he doesn't need to. But if he actually cared about the Billet Labs story, and not just generating drama clicks, he would have reached out to LMG. 

Not going to disregard "he did it for a drama" thing completely but consider this- he made a ton of valid points backed up by proof. He turned off monetization on the video and didn't put any sponsor spots. And lastly, out of the ordinary high number of views in just one video can actually hurt a channel in terms of a appealing to YouTube gods. Linus mentioned it a couple of times on WAN Show.

We all know LTT needs to do better and most of what gamers nexus is saying here is correct, but I get the feeling Steve has an ulterior motive here.

At the start of the video Steve suggests that Linus would have liked to been able to "gain favor through personal relationships", then shows a edited clip from the WAN show which misses out the part where Linus explains that their personal relationship could have been used to gain additional information on the matter, but wasn't. His statement on the WAN show clearly shows that he would have liked to have been given the opportunity to comment on the matter, but as far as I know GN did not reached out to him for comment for this video or the warranty video. This is interesting when considering how often Steve has gone to great effort in the past to reach out for comments from the parties concerned, to me it felt like Linus was being intentionally misinterpreted so his integrity could be called into question.

Its true that LTT rushes their videos to meet deadlines and this has affected the quality, ambitions and fast growth have exacerbated the problem. I think Linus feels pressured by the viewers and the youtube algorithm to release a lot of content regularly which has lead to these harsh deadlines.

Steve said he would not be monetizing or taking any sponsors for this video, but doesn't miss the opportunity to show off his merch 😄

image.png.1fe412e0c2e9c5a43053e64d90f78b0c.png

I was very disappointed with the billet labs monoblock video. The monoblock is an interesting bit of kit irrespective of its price, and god knows the price tag has not stopped LTT from reviewing exorbitantly expensive tech in the past which almost no one could or would buy. I would have liked to see the thing tested and working properly on what it was designed to do, otherwise there was not much point to the video, the video should have been fixed or scrapped.

I would also like to hear an official response to the claims that the block should have been returned to billet and not auctioned off.

All the creators are fully aware that making videos like these or calling out each other over social media (no matter how justified) is going to cause drama and rifts in the community, don't believe otherwise no matter what they say. In the interest of keeping the community united he could have voiced his concerns to Linus in a more informal environment and I think Linus would have been receptive to some constructive criticism and advice, he could have given LTT an ultimatum of sorts to change before he acted. Steve by his own admission he has been watching these problem persists for months, I don't what or if any action has been taken by him to voice his concerns to Linus before the release of this video, is he really trying to force changes at LTT or is he collecting ammunition to use against them?

Steve knows 100% he is going to cause drama and create rifts in the community with this video, he has caused hostility, alienation and rifts to form between the community and also between himself and Linus, this is not conducive of change, so is he really trying to help LTT?