Don't Buy a Water Cooler... Do This Instead!

Plouffe

Back in the mid 2000s it was common to cool a computer using a heater core from the scrapyard, but as those have become harder to find and water cooling components became easier to find this fell out of fashion. Could the old ways have been right though? Is it still cheaper to use a heater core to cool your CPU?

Considering there are cheaper AIOs like ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 for around 100 USD brand new this jank/damn thing sucks Artic's AIO's if the same form factor and rad performs better than Corsair ones anyway to be fair this is an interesting/cool experiment though...

Not recommended for sure with AliExpress junk parts the fact you have to rely on a company that is from China dropshipping this for a wait time of about anywhere from 1+ weeks up to 3 months for shipping is unacceptable considering you cannot run a CPU without a cooler (obviously) 

Yeah, that video felt forced choosing an expensive AIO to be able to beat the price. The Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 (non rgb) costs less than the half of what that corsair AIO costs over here. 220€ vs 105€. And the Liquid Freezer is a good AIO. Propably better than the Corsair one iirc.

Still a fun video to watch, only the "We beat the price of a regular AIO" was kinda cringe. No one gives a flying fish if this beats the price tbh. Even with double the price for the selfmade AIO it would have been a good video.

Pretty awful compared to a car radiator, and the mix metals thing can be fixed with antifreeze anyways

Aio is infinitely better than this due to being much more convenient, and cheaper aios exist too

A proper car radiator ghetto loop will destroy any dinky custom loop/aio while being a fraction of the cost or have much much better cooling capacity for a given price, so its actually compelling to diy one of those for anyone that wants to clock a 13900k or 4090 on water, this on the other hand has the downsides of ghetto looping without the better value and sheer cooling capacity

25 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

and the mix metals thing can be fixed with antifreeze anyways

I usually dont repeat things but considering that a lot of youtube frogs gonna tumble to this thread: Remember that antifreeze is not a forever fluid and you will have to replace it from time to time, and antifreeze reacts violently with any glycol based plastic like PETG.

But again, Arctic Freezer 2 looking at this video:

I'm About to End This Man's Whole Career | Know Your Meme

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I really don't think it good to bring up money in regards to an AIO, that threw this whole idea way off track. Like what was the point of that?? There are much cheaper AIOs that perform great and obviously no one will actually do this except for a science experiment so why even try to make justifying points for putting a freaking heater core in your pc. 

I am disappointed you didn't use the traditional zip tie mounting strategy we had for these back in the day! Also, I'm missing the open bleach-filled reservoir (glued in place vase), and the DIY water blocks. 🤣

Every time that one guy talks I think I'm about to hear some GTA 5 speedrunning trivia...

"Ahh... why did it have to be flesh-coloured?" 🤣💀

Let's hope no one's made a GIF of 13:26-13:30

image.png.bface151c47448cb88002e50423c5df7.png

image.png.d86dcf31f99e28497d48254c54dd2f80.png

image.png.786660aac9d28054b71fa0d93676ade0.png

6 hours ago, t3ch_n1nj4 said:

snip

Spoiler

Netflix: Still watching?image.png.b09a8fdba6ac6f91034aa519f59de53d.png